Daily Estonian thread!

Daily Estonian thread!
Thread about beutiful country and nation!
Today's topic: amazing estonian music!

youtube.com/watch?v=zy5f2pHPWA0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OneQRawdLv4
youtube.com/watch?v=1joABNnQs9U
youtube.com/watch?v=2G0oR_vpaak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Estonia#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we all know you're doing this just to lure all estonians into one place and then kidnap them russki

I want to cuddle with Estonian boys!

I repeat, today's topic is Estonian music, lithman!
youtube.com/watch?v=OneQRawdLv4
This is not that type of thread, it's about appreciating Estonian culture and traditions, also architechture, music, cuisine and people!

"appreciate" can have a lot of meanings you know

>the gay weebs are trying to disguise their thread

you gona get banned fags, stop it

I LOVE ESTONIA

haha danelet

Must say I am a bit envious that Estonia is being this popular

come to think of it, what happened to that finnish guy who was posting bravo estonia thread every day?

What are you talking about? Do you have some good estonian music to share?

Begone, foul slut!

Estonian mushroom man came over and kicked that finnish ass.

Estonians are also excellent composers, they should be proud!

youtube.com/watch?v=1joABNnQs9U

Soon

We need some estonians to contribute to the thread, they should show us the great music they have!
youtube.com/watch?v=2G0oR_vpaak

No more will I fall for this trickery again!

Come here, fast!!!

Bring musci eesti!

Soon...

kys sw*Doid faggot

Please, enrich us with your culture!

Estonia seems like a nice country, but it has a dark secret. You might not know it, but Estonians opress Russian minorities

Estonia is a dirty little cock slut

Hey, DO NOT talk bad things about Estonia

Dont even look that swedebois map

>making it mandatory to learn our official language
Yeah sounds like real opression desu

You are even dirtier cock slut arent you, you dirty whore, come here so i can molest you little cum guzzling cunt

Yeah except we are the ones in power because your military is shit lol

Russian should be official language aswell, at least in those parts that were historically inhabited by Russians

It looks like the tunnel might actually become a reality after Rail Baltica is finished. How do you feel about it?

Very good thing. I can come over in a train and drill your tunnel if you know what i mean.

Which is nowhere in Estonia, before the occupation 93% was Estonian and the other 10% was Germans, Swedes and Russians

I can move to estonia and work in Finland lol (my first thought)

Leave Estonia alone you nazi.

When they have enough of that, they will buy t55, 64 and t72 tanks, agls, aa systems and ancient artillery from local hunting supply stores and wreck their nazi asses and have local volunteers hummiliate captives.

It was for you faggots when your parents had to learn russian

Eesti besti?

Wrong
Estonia has had a considerable Russian minority from the 17th century onwards, and they had cultural self-governments as Estonia became independant after WW1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Estonia#History

PISUT KORTSUS :DDDDDD

The majority of the pre-war Russian population in Estonia lived in border areas (Petseri, Jaanilinn) that were ceded to the Russian SFSR in 1945. After regaining independence they were not a part of the republic of estonia.

I support this. Its good for finnish industry and less airplane trips to europe for me
>comfy train trips

What about the Ida-Viru county? And places like Loksa that have a Russian majority?

Those are not historical Russian populations, but immigrants from the Soviet occupation. If we gave them an official status, it would be like giving the Turkish minorities an official status in Germany, wouldn't it?

I love Eesti!

>Great Britain can send back EU migrants after exit
>Estonia can not send back Soviet migrants after exit

Why?

I want Eesti to make love to me!

I don't think it is that easy. 100% of Turks in Germany are recent migrants, who moved here and can be expected to learn another language.
Meanwhile, within the Estonian-Russians, there is still a minority whose ancestors were native to Estonia. And while the majority moved to Estonia in Soviet times, I think it should be considered that back then, it was a migration within a country, and Russian was kind of official language on Estonian territory back then

Get in line

I agree that it is a difficult situation. However it was still an illegally occupied land. The same Constitution from 1918 was used from 1991 which states:

"With unwavering faith and a steadfast will to strengthen and develop the state (...) which must guarantee the preservation of the Estonian people, the Estonian language and the Estonian culture through the ages(...)"

>However it was still an illegally occupied land.
Was it though? Estonia was part of the Russian Empire for a long time, I think Soviets had a good claim on Estonian land.
And while it was obiviously wrong of Soviets to opress Estonian culture and try to "Russify" them, I don't think it is better when nowadays, Estonians do the same with the Russian minority

> Estonia was part of the Russian Empire for a long time, I think Soviets had a good claim on Estonian land

That's no reason to forcefully occupy a neutral republic and deport tens of thousands of its citizen and ban national symbols. They might've ruled here in the past but that's not a valid reason if the native people want independence.

>Estonians do the same with the Russian minority

Let me remind you that there are 1,1 million native Estonian speakers and about 140 million Russian speakers. Many Finno-Ugric peoples are dying out in Russia because nothing is done to preserve those cultures.

>That's no reason to forcefully occupy a neutral republic and deport tens of thousands of its citizen and ban national symbols.
I agree that deporting Estonians was wrong, but in our current world order, just because native people want independance doesn't mean they automatically get it, see Catalonia.

>Let me remind you that there are 1,1 million native Estonian speakers and about 140 million Russian speakers. Many Finno-Ugric peoples are dying out in Russia because nothing is done to preserve those cultures.
Sure, but Estonia should be better than Russia, shouldn't it. Especially, since it is a member of EU and has access to greater financial funds and superior administrative system

>Many Finno-Ugric peoples are dying out in Russia because nothing is done to preserve those cultures
Maybe because they do nothing to preserve their culture? Etnicities with different religion (Tatars, Bashkirs - I'm talking about these who live among Russians) preserved their culture. If Finno-Ugric people haven't managed to preserve their culture - it's only their fault.

Estonians...

>but in our current world order, just because native people want independance doesn't mean they automatically get it
The tsarist Russia had collapsed in 1918 when the republic was declared. Not the same situation

>Sure, but Estonia should be better than Russia, shouldn't it. Especially, since it is a member of EU and has access to greater financial funds and superior administrative system

They would still have to learn Estonian, wouldn't they? Also Russian is taught in Estonian schools since 6th grade atm. So I really can't see how making Russian official would make any difference.

>it's only their fault.

True. Only gives us more reason to preserve ours

>The tsarist Russia had collapsed in 1918 when the republic was declared. Not the same situation
But Soviet Union was the succesor state of Russian Empire, just as the Russian Federation is the succesor state of Soviet Union.

>So I really can't see how making Russian official would make any difference.
It would show the goodwill of Estonian government to preserve the unique Russia-Estonian culture. Here in Germany, we have Danish minoirities, who have special minority rights, despite living next to Danish border.

>unique Russia-Estonia culture

It doesn't exist. It's just Russia culture - commieblocks, drinking, fighting and HIV.

Ok davido-kun, thank you for your contribution and your immense international knowledge.

Russia is a black hole on Earth.

>weeb replying to me in my own thread
Disgusting, why japs allow these retards to teach their children? Leave this thread and never talk to me or Estonians again

Russia will answer for its crimes. You ruined a Nordic country.

>But Soviet Union was the succesor state of Russian Empire
Yet they still overthrew the government with a violent revolution. Also the period after the revolution was very uncertain which is a good enough reason for independence, which was declared peacefully by Estonians, for Estonians.

>Here in Germany, we have Danish minoirities, who have special minority rights
Your history with them is still a bit different. The majority would be strongly against Russian being an official language because of the recent history. Many families were torn apart during the occupation, some fled, some were deported, and that leaves a mark in the additude

>additude
Fuck, I meant attitude

>American weeb education
>Estonia
>Nordic

Ruining Estonia was not enough for Russians. They wanted to destroy Finland too and maybe Sweden after and populate it with Russian death culture. Everything that is cute and white must die - Russian mantra.

Estonians are cool
please dont become gay and cancerous like finns

the weebs in this thread are so annoying. Please leave

>don't become gay and cancerous like finns
You do realize they were like that long before finns?

>Also the period after the revolution was very uncertain which is a good enough reason for independence, which was declared peacefully by Estonians, for Estonians.
All I am saying that the situation wasn't black and white, and both cases for Estonian independance and Soviet demands to Estonian clay could be made.

>The majority would be strongly against Russian being an official language because of the recent history.
I don't think that having Russian as an official language in all of Estonia would be wise or necessary. But it could be a second official language in regions that used to have a historical Russian minority, or where Russian population is a majority.

probably a proxy
estonia is homophobic asf

>Soviet demands to Estonian clay
They demanded lots of other regions as well, like Finland and other Baltic states, none of which willingly surrendered. It's just barbaric to take what you claim is yours by force.

Soviets took the clay because they were afraid of a German invasion (not without reason, as we know now), and wanted a buffer zone.
People who feel threatened will always act barbaric, that is just human nature

>proxy
Doubt, this isn't the only time it happened

show more times
estonia is homophobic

And when the Germans were defeated, why wouldn't they kill and deport the smartest politicians, writers, poets, artists, scientists etc. of the previous country, ban their symbolism, take people's property and migrate lots of foreign people to the occupied land and then claim nothing existed before. Just in case, right?

I think it had to do with many Estonians joining forces with the nazis. If a country participates in a war of extermination against your people, you might get a bit overboard with your reaction

Finland should annex Estonia, this will solve everything.

Megumin is a girl. Cease your perfidious slander immediately, you degenerate mongoloid.

We should annex them both

Again, just short-sighted barbaric policy, believing that they had a choice whether or not to join the nazis, just like they didn't with joining the red army. Because the Soviets had occupied first, the people were optimistic that Hitler would grant them independence (which he didn't eventually). And then the soviets punished the people for doing what they thought was right to remain independent after the war
This all adds up to people not wanting Russian to be an official language.

I understand the situation. Both Russians and Estonians were acting upon their best interest and upon their limited information. The same thing continues to this very day, with Estonians beeing afraid of Russia and thus joining NATO, and Russia beeing afraid of NATO and thus beeing hostile towards Estonians.
But somehow, this chain of distrust and bad relations needs to be broken

It probably just needs time because these events are still too recent

russians are weak pieces of trash

My ex-bf is Estonian and he gave me HIV

t. Gay

probably a russian living in estonia

>t.

what kind of feelings do estonian people have toward other baltic countries? just friendship of brothership? and how have those feelings of olidality been laid?

He's Estonian sumo wrestler(197cm,193kg) ←MONSTER

+Fedor

How do japanese feel about Baruto?

Probably just friendship. We're brothers with Finns

DELET

they are just shitposters
russians are gay weebs and cringey

Is this an east euro thing?

Sure, bongman

INCESTOUS BROTHERS!!! :DDDD

How is your day, eesti?