What does Sup Forums think about the catalonian conflict?

What does Sup Forums think about the catalonian conflict?

We should help them as we did with the portuguese

I think negatively of it

if you want to be free then you should be allowed to but the support from the inside is not sufficient as in if theres an election taken place now, independance supporters would not be majority, let alone over 2/3 of the seats which i think is a reasonable requirement for such a decision

uma delicia

Considering they have every rights other people in Spain have I think they are cunts. Giant lefty cunts.

spanish clay
separatists are scum
;)

this "country" get way too much attention, they are not oppressed in any way.

feels more like a football match than a serious issue

sadly it gets widely ignored here.
Our media prefers showing druggies fro US rather than the conflict so like 90% don't know that there is even something happening.

I think they should get a proper legal way for seccession if they want it so much but both sides prefer to act retarded.

Don't they have their own language and culture?

They basically have their own identity separate from Spain

If they are not opressed, how comes they want to secede?

>Don't they have their own language and culture?
>
>They basically have their own identity separate from Spain

that applies to many region in Spain

I lost support for it when I learned there were tons of Catalonians who are against it.

Really I just hope the Kurds get their own state, seeing as they pretty clearly want it in majority. of course that won't happen because of ME power politics.

>If they are not opressed, how comes they want to secede?
greed and autism

If they really want to go they should be able to do it.

Let's say that (because of both geograpical and historical reasons) the cultural diferences, diversity and particularities of Spanish regions are notoriously high, more comparable to those of different European countries (say, France from Germany) than to other regions of other countries (say, different regions of France or Germany).

It has to do with so many paralel mountain ranges (and a couple crisscrossing ones for good measure) - until XX century, crossing all of the peninsula was quite difficult.

sp*nish occupation of Catalonia needs to end

We have bigger differences inside our Nation than you.

>We have bigger differences inside our Nation than you.

really doubt this, many regions in Spain have their own language, the basque country a not even indo european one

>I think they should get a proper legal way for seccession if they want it so much but both sides prefer to act retarded.
This.
Also this. Pic related illustrates it pretty well.
>Russian
>blaming other countries for occupating regions

So should Cecenia right?

Debateable. I know both countries (studied in Germany back in high school, 30 years ago).
And I said "debateable" because your country truly is "the other one with huge differences" (for historical, more than geographical, reasons).
We could break out the "regionaldifferenciemeter" (look, Ma, I coined a word) but that would be besides the point of this argument. Point is, no matter if Spain has more differences than Germany or vice-versa, Spanish regions DO have huge differences, as you mentioned. I was explaining why for those not in the know (plainly not your case)

I'm backing our German friend here. You'd be surprised to know that some regions of Germany do speak a regional dialekt that DROVE ME FUCKING NUTS when I was there (Dahn, I'm looking at you!)

Separatists should be gassed.

>sadly it gets widely ignored here.
understatement of the century.
Google the pics - even the regional parlament staff ignored the parlamentaries who "proclaimed the Republic" and left the Spanish flag in place over the regional parlament. You LITERALLY can't get much more ignored than that.

You mean Chechnya? Sure, but I'm afraid they are used to all that money we pay them for nothing.

I support free Catalonia

EU is a hypocrite about self-determination and democracy. That's how I feel about it. You went from "Trump got elected, now we're leaders of the free world" to completely forfeiting your high ground in less than a year, great job.

>meseta
Can't believe I learned this term when I was 10 and playing Phantasy Star

>Slovakia
Interesting that you speak here. Because it allos to point at a case of a country made up of two nationalities that did agree to peacefully separate (the "velvet divorce") of mutual accord - that is how things should be done.

You may easily notice that this is NOT the case with my country. Because you can't found a democratic state ignoring the democracy you belong to.

Also,
>political left flag
did you know that the Catalan separatism is actually a POLITICAL RIGHT movement? CDC (Convergencia Democratica de Cataluña), later CiU, now PDC, the main separatist party, the one ex-president Puigdemont belongs to, is a right, conservative, traditionalist party founded in 1974 by the now-in-prison-for-corruption rich-family-guy Jordi pujol, who did actually study in an ACTUAL Nazi-run school (the German School of Barcelona, *actually* run by the Nazis back in the '40s)

>it allos
*it allows
perdon

That divorce was a scam by two corrupted politicians, who wanted more power. Most people in Czechoslovakia didn't want it, but nobody asked them, i was all resolved in one secret meeting. And we didn't fight because we aparently like getting fucked in the ass by the politics.

>I think they should get a proper legal way for seccession if they want it so much but both sides prefer to act retarded.

slowpoke answering this, but here

There IS a way, just that the separatists deliberately choosed to ignore it and went instead for the unilateral separation way (fact).

Likely (opinion) because they know they do not have enough popular support to do it the legal way.

I'm not the Slovak you replied to, to be clear

> occupation
Catalonia's existence inside Spain is as old as Spain itself. We had two Catalan PMs and a Catalan dictator in the past. Occupation is for example what happened in north Georgia and southeast Ukraine.

A waste. All separatism movements are a waste desu.

>is as old as Spain itself.
LITERALLY.
Spain was formed by joining Castille and Aragon (the kingdom of which Catalonia was a series of counties - actually the King of Aragon is also Count of Barcelona)

UNO PERSONAS
UNO REINO
UNO ESPAÑA

You different regions and cultures.
We have different regions, culture and Religion.

Say "hi" to Texas from us, old boy

>All separatism movements are a waste desu.
god save the queen

>post yfw c*stilian people will become extinct within your lifetime

Lel nice """empire""" fags

I've read somewhere that the parlament has been blocking any legal atemps for decades.

They need a majority in the spanish parlament to get the legal way what is clearly impossible.

I don't care if catalonia gets independence or not i just want a civil war to break out

I think you spaniards are pieces of shit for not accepting that someone doesnt want to be part of your arab country. Half of your country inhabitants would slap you in the face if you call them spanish, just end this fake bullshit already.

>not knowing some (not all) regions of Spain had a huge number of non-cristians until XVII century and their culture made a huge mark in some of our regional identities
Amusingly, we also have religious differences thrown in the regional mix even if most here are catholics.

but you're castillian

Give them a referendum & let them decide.

We have a divison between eastern atheists, northwestern protestants and southern catholics.
Don't forget the communist past.
Different languages (even the north only speaks high german the south speaks majority dialects that are not understandable with high german knowledge).

The last attempt (from Basque separatists, which were actually trying to follow procedure) was blocked, not by the parlament, but by the Constitutional Court because it was initiated by their regional parlament instead of by their representatives in the national one.

I just think it's weird.

Isn't High German from the south of Germany?

/his/ here:
Actually Extremeño - that's where the Conquistadores came from, mostly.

What can you expect from people who willingly DUI?

Yeah that's exactly the issue.
No little region can ever gain enough support to convince the parlament to vote in their seccesion.

That's the exact issue.

Even though catholic there were HUGE differences between regions of Spain not only by the converted jews and muslims but even by the remnants of the roman/greek culture which survived in the Peninsula as for instance in the north east of the peninsula the is where most of the inquisition killings happened because even after moors and Christianity they didn't lose their culture related to medicine so most of the "witches" in that time were the descendants of priests of minerva or venus whom become "doctors" through oral inheritance of medieval times all the original roman qualities were transformed into remedies for wounds and getting high with leaves and ointments.

Yeah but it has the pronounciation like german from hannover in it's ideal (what is already a clear insult to the language itself).
Also high german doesn't fit southern German dialects anymore for several hundred years.

Yet, they do. It's no "little region": because of Spanish electoral law, their votes get weighted so much that regional representatives have ACTUALLY had the real power in the Parlament for much of the last 30 years.

Interesting.
Thanks for the answer.

FREE BAVARIA

Not him, but do I understand correctly, that even if 100% of Catalans wanted independance, they could be still outvoted by the rest of Spain?

problems is, bavarians dont want to become free

>getting high with leaves
Moors also did

Social engineering is all that's needed, just like in Catalonia

We're just waiting for the apropriate opportunity.

You northern cucks kicked our labible harmony with your cuckism.

>want independance cuz "we be rich"
>one step closer to independance
>Companies flee in droves
>Verbally declare independance
>Ignore all laws
>WAHHH THEYRE SO OPPRESIVE

you brought this upon yourselves, special snowflakes.

If a majority wants independence, they should be independent.

Can you see the irony here yourselves or should I point it out?

If Bavarians would want to be free, I would support their decision. I don't really understand the way of thinking, forcing your countrymen stay in your country against their will

Strange eh, always blocked because its not according to the bullshit constitution. How comfortable, you sign a constitution during fascist government rule with pistole on you head, afterwards you need to remain forever part of the plastic fake country because free votes are against its constitution.

>want independance cuz "we be rich"
And how is it wrong?

Good question.
If 100% of Catalans wanted independence, their votes in the Parlament would likely be enough to force other parties to go through the process. Said process would involve a referendum from ALL of Spain (because the separation involves all of the country, not just one region, you'll realize). And if 100% of the people of the region wanted that, it's very likely they would convince the rest of the country to vote with them (we aren't dicks, you'll also realize).
Issue is, only about 35% of Catalonians actually want independence.
They have had a HUGE propaganda machine to convince everybody that they were the 100%. (yeah, sure, that's why you've had demostrations of 1,300,000 persons against the idea!), but that's not the case.
Majority of Catalonian people doesn't want to secede, and majority of rest of Spain supports them.

No way im a proud african-mapuche warrior

thatwasmypoint.jpg

the actual reason is they think that being part of spain means andalucía takes money from them

So basically the legal way is impossible.

Pathetic. If you want to be independent - be prepared to fight for it. I'm with Spain on this issue and I fucking hate spics.

>"Fuck you, I’m a Dragon"

>Occupation is for example what happened in north Georgia
Western propaganda. There are ethnic minorities in northern Georgia who had war for independence with Georgia in 90s, when Russia didn't give a shit about their conflicts.

>Said process would involve a referendum from ALL of Spain (because the separation involves all of the country, not just one region, you'll realize). And if 100% of the people of the region wanted that, it's very likely they would convince the rest of the country to vote with them (we aren't dicks, you'll also realize).
So even if 100% of Catalans were for independance, their only real chance would be if rest of the Spain "weren't dicks" and voted against their own best interest? This doesn't sound like a very fair system to me

Nope, I just explained that it IS possible, and actually doable, IF they were a majority.

Our constitution is a little smarter and there is no legal way to begin with.

As far as I know, Catalonia gets back much less than they contribute

You realize that otherwise it also wouldn't be fair for everyone else, right?

so do industrial areas in most countries, but you don't see them doing this shit

Who gives a shit about your constitution, whomever wants to be independent has always achieved it, earlier or later.

It all remains in the pockets of their gay king.

>we aren't dicks you see
No, but you only stand to gain from Catalonia staying spanish. They should be able to set free themselves. This is like saying "Oh you're not slaves, if you all vote for freedom the vote goes to the noble and if a majority of them votes for your freedom you'll be set free!"

Democracy in 3 easy steps: 1. Build up fascist government to force all regions to sign your constitution. 2. Block all referendum movements because your made up constitution was signed 50 years ago, and so the people will never ever have the right of self-determination anymore. 3. If people still dont obey and hold a vote, send special police to beat everybody up and destroy as many voting facilities as possible. If the results are not in your favor - declare them not valid because many people didnt vote (remember, you need to hinder them to do so upfront).

Th ekey word from is "think". That has been separatist propaganda for ages. Used to be true back in the 70s when Spain was piss-poor and only Catalonia and Bilbao were industrial areas. It's no longer true.

But that's impossible within Spain. A poll from today showed that 54% want a referendum but only 18% would accept Catalonia's independence, regardless of the fact that catalans are or aren't a majority in favour of that decision.

Why not? What gives the rest of Spain the legitimacy to rule over Catalan people?

If they DID want to be free, rest of Spain could (or couldn't) vote for them.

But the matter remains, they DO NOT want to be independent. Just some political parties.

the will of Catalan people who DID vote in a REAL referendum to acept the Spanish Constitution, to begin with

Maybe industrial areas in other countries get more fundings, so they don't feel beeing financially exploited?

So the best solution would be to give them full sovereignty over taxation, right? Then they will notice that they are actually not better off

So we agree that the legitimacy of a government comes from the will of the people, right? And if the will of the people changes, that means that a government can lose its legitimacy

The amusing part is that Spanish Autonomous Regions already have MORE self-government than the German Landers or the US States (well, the US States do have their own armies while our Autonomias only have police, but then again, dem yanks are obsessed with their guns...)

Not in spain though, where everybody is forced to live with the arabs in central and southern spain forever. Its not like they could finance their state without cat and basques, and they know it.

A country where the anthem has no text in order not to offend anyone, where the crowd is booing at the spanish anthem during football matches. This is spain for you, if you call this a country, well

>I'm a proud not really
okay Raúl

Majority wants you lying piece of shit, this is how democracy is supposed to work, not how you want to make it up for yourself. 1.3M march, bullshit, 35%, bullshit, stop fucking lying you unemployed semi-arab brat

>Maybe industrial areas in other countries get more fundings, so they don't feel beeing financially exploited?
They are not exploited at all, they live a dozen times better than andaluces, they just build this narrative in their mind that goes like this:
"We here in the industrial area work all day, pay loads of taxes so that andaluz niggers can work for few months and drink beer all day"

however, none of them just moves to the south, of course, because they know its a much shitter living condition.