The music sucked

>The music sucked
>The casting sucked
>The plot sucked
>The dialogue sucked
>The special effects sucked
>The art direction sucked

But by far the worst part of this movie was the jewess herself. Her stupid fucking laughable tough grill walk, her horrible delivery of lines, her fat ugly body parading around on screen.

THE Major, THE THE THE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Fucking stupid cunts reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRS4tYeeouA
youtube.com/watch?v=36Pw9J6qtzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't understand why this movie was made. Most fans aren't going to see it because they know Hollywood butchered it. Most normies aren't going to see it because they aren't familiar with the original work. What's the point?

>10 cents have been deposited into your account

Most non-retarded fans enjoyed the film, myself included. But keep being salty and don't bother with the film.

Whatever you say, friendo

Fuck yourself you shit taste faggot. This movie was fucking trash, it has nothing to do with GitS.

You're not happening

But thats all wrong, faggot.

congrats man! jesus christ do you think anyone gives a fuck about your shit hivemind opinion? fucking sjw weeb

I actually liked the film
Solid 7/10
Roast me

Nice dubs but poor taste, faggoth

Who should have played major?

Saw it last night with missus, it was visually very good, the way they changed the story was expected but still an alright journey.
Writing was terrible, but not for the reasons you'd think.
Without spoilers, a character has major in front of him, listening to him, he walks around, delivering quite an engaging performance then her line in response is. "Bbut you're a murderer, you killed innocence".
Way it was written, delivered by scarjo, and how it didn't seem to gel with what previous character had said.
Out of place and almost felt like a dodgy edit somewhere.
She ruined every scene she was in somehow, misdelivering a line, doing something her character established to this point wouldn't do (not on about anime major, completely different)
Or Mary suing some situation. (No explanation of training or her capabilities) or in other cases being stungunned and turned useless twice.

Many scenes felt broken in places, dodgy edits.
Pg-13ness of the film killed it in places. Especially when you consider how brutal some scenes are and how they could have really made the audience to feel for major. (I'll expand on that if someone wants)
Overall rent, some eye candy, great performances from the rest of the team, batou was surprisingly good.

Tldr eyecandy, Antje traue in place of scarjo, pg13 gutted parts, writers need to be shot. Rent.

A japanese woman, probably. American actresses can't pull it off.

>jk, I was asian all along
Good one Rupert

Idris Elba

it was shit

How were the non-Major characters handled? I'm a big Takeshi Kitano fan, did he do anything remarkable or just look stupid and mumble his Engrish to collect a paycheck? Does nu-Batou act like a retarded henchman in a Home Alone movie? Because he looks like one. Is the soundtrack ass? Define 'visually very good.' Is it just generic psychedelic future colours like fucking Speed Racer or did they really manage to pull off something inspired here?

>I'm a big Takeshi Kitano fan, did he do anything remarkable or just look stupid and mumble his Engrish to collect a paycheck?

All his lines are subtitled japanese, he spends all but two of his scenes sat in a chair looking like he's just there for the money, lazily delivering his lines.

>badguy 1: "someone just came in and killed them all!"
>badguy 2: "what?! are you sure it wasnt a robot?"
>badguy 1: "no, definitely human"
>badguy 2:"impossible! no man can move that fast!"
>scarjo comes out of optical camo behind them
>scarjo: "i am no man..."
>shoots them

favorte part in the entire movie

the most leddit post I've seen all week, congrats friend

>shoehorned-in "strong independent woman" scene
*vomits internally*

Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed

That's a shame. I heard that after Johnny Mnemonic was butchered to hell he gave up on trying to work with Americans. I enjoyed that movie he did with Omar Epps. It'd be cool if he were given real work to do in Hollywood again. Hell, he should have directed this movie. Then it would have been interesting if nothing else.

>How were the non-Major characters handled?
Togusa got 3 small scenes, disappointed.
Takeshi Kitano didn't English or phone it in, had two 'badass' scenes.
nu-Batou is different from the anime, but in this he was an engaging character. Shame that many of his scenes are with scarjo, very little to play off of.
>Is the soundtrack ass?
I felt it was almost non existent or at least not memorable thinking back. Nothing like how Tron legacys soundtrack sticks in your mind well after and defines the scenes.
>Define 'visually very good.'
To most, it's concrete and grey, with neon lights and holograms plastered everywhere.
Inside environments were dusty grey warehouses with wires everywhere.
To me, i come from a concept art background, it's the small details and ideas that were great to look at.
You can tell the set design folks in charge of how the signs, roads, trinkets in the sets, robots, grunge, vehicles have a shit. Basically a lot of love, it's just not consistently applied.

*Gave a shit

> Inb4 Phoneposting

>Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed

> Source material is shit as well so I don't see where they failed

Almost seems to never fail. Anytime a new interpretation of a property doesn't deliver, apologists resort to declaring that the original didn't have much merit either.

nice trips but I literally didn't like the anime
I also didn't like blade runner, beyond the black rainbow, etc...
too much style and no substance for my taste

you know something?YOU SUCK

only cringy weebs won't see it and yet they still will because they have to complain about everything that isn't 100% pure nippon

i enjoyed this movie very much, solid 7.5/10. batou and aramaki were great

As a fan who did see it, my reasoning was that every form of GiTS is different than the last and even Japanese live action anime films can be cringey.

Scar Jo's performance was wooden as expected but the Batou was good, the visuals were pleasant and some of the better performances came from the Asian actors.

>being this autistic

W E W

How exactly? It was aesthetic as fuck. Some cheesy CGI camera movements and poor compositing but the design was fucking incredible imo.

>12 years old first vaporwave aesthetic

>Music sucked
>Special effects sucked
Art direction sucked

Bullshit. Why are you fucking weeaboos so desperate to shit on this movie?
>B-b-but muh anime!
This is a perfectly decent movie yet you fucks are acting like this is the worst film ever made because it doesn't perfectly represent the psychological aspects of the source material.

Name a recent movie with better cyberpunk aesthetics. Just one.
Protip: you can't

Sounds like something got... Lost in Translation!

Too scrawny.

I'm not going to criticize ScarJo's performance because that hack director may have told her to play it like she was a robot.

But there's a lot to criticize in this film, starting with that bad script. Reminds me of "Batman Vs. Superman", in that some studio exec tossed a writer a copy of the first GITS graphic novel and a DVD of the first movie and said "make a script out of that. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to sell merchandise."

The movie suckt for me the moment they said they will CGI her whole body.
Shit just looks wonky, can't actresses move their fat asses and reach the needed aestethtics?

Pig in a blanket might be a more fitting title

Someone who isn´t like "change the scene because i don´t want to show my boobs".

Wasn´t that the fucking point in the original ? That major didn´t fucking care about her body so she was basically nude all the time ?

Prime Jessica Biel.

#NOTMYCARTOON

Grow up.

(You)

Actually he does some of the best ass kicking in the movie. I want to go see it again just for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=TRS4tYeeouA

I thought Clint Mansell's score was actually pretty good

>tfw my rank is Major
>nobody calls me The Major
Oh well.

the weirdest part is that they aren't even merchandising it

She's not even a major. She wasn't even a soldier to begin with. The only reason they kept it is because "hurr the original material had it" except she was an actual soldier

Visuals were fine in my book, but man, that dialogue. You'd think they'd have decent writers in hollywood. That first scene with her mother was just so awkward

Yeah the script and how sxarjo delivered are really the worst parts

But you're an obvious shill, dude.

that didn't even happen, autismo

>non-retarded
>enjoyed capeshit: cyberpunk edition
Choose one

Why?

reminder that crunchyroll has been paying fake weebs to shill their crappy cartoon version by criticizing the movie.
don't believe me?
crunchyroll just put all the animated Ghost in the Shell films on steam and for a discount only days ago.

They're really wanting this movie to bomb so that weebs flood to their services.
Don't trust any poster who has an irrational hatred towards Scarjo or the movie.

why did she walk like that

mostly likely false but it's the kind of move weebs would do to be anti-establishment

Crunchyroll is fucking garbage, just like this flick

Reminder that the 1995 movie is just as different from the source material than this movie

I'm seeing this movie just out of curiosity, and I've seen the original film. What should I expect, what are some significant changes?

the more you look at it the worse it becomes

>Don't send a rabbit to kill a fox.

less philosophy, more traditional black and white narrative, more focus on characters
if you appreciate the GitS world and aesthetic you won't be disappointed, but if it's the philosophical subtleties and existentialist undertones that define the original for you you might not like it

>the lonely person is in a solitary room of shadow in a bright world
>naw fuck it lets go for the DC audience make everything bleak as fuck

it ain't even bleak

it's just... all they did was go for "futuristic"

R E M I N D E R

That's a bit underwhelming considering that the original film wasn't extremely deep in terms of philosophy and detail. I mean it was fairly easy to understand. The only part I got confused on was their explanation of ghosts. So did Puppet Master create his own ghost from becoming self-aware?

>The music sucked
The ost wasn't as memorable as the original but it wasn't bad.
>The casting sucked
Michael Shannon and Michael Pitt did a good job. Scarlet Johansson did alright she was at least cute to look at.
>The plot sucked
It wasn't much different from the original just less pretentious.
>The dialogue sucked
Not enough quips?
>The special effects sucked
The effects on this were for most part great, especially all the city parts.
This is one of best looking cyberpunk films in a very long time.

I'm willing to bet you went into this movie wanting to hate it.

Agreed. Fucking butthurt weebs. Saw the original like 6 years ago and couldn't stand how pretentious and full of itself it was, ramming it down your throat and spoonfeeding you how "deep" it is. It's a fake intellectual's idea of a smart film, that and the fact there is nostalgia factor of "WOW AN ANIME THAT REALLY MAKES YOU THINK".

The ScarJo version had a lot of subetly and, if you actually paid attention to the original, paid quite a bit of tasteful homage to it without demanding the viewer have everything dumbed down to appreciate it

>the prostitute scene

Powerful. Or

>meeting her mom

Like, come on, what do you faggots want? It was way deeper and more mature than anyone could have anticipated from the trailer and hoped for from a film based on a FUCKING JAPANESE CARTOON.

that one girl from transformers that gives me boners

that dress makes her tits look weird/too low.

ARISE. A. SHIT.

yeah it's the dress that makes her look like an extra from Signs

It was better than what I expected

Hollywood has run out of ideas. The GITS premise is incredibly fresh for people who didn't see the original

I saw this yesterday and it seriously wasn't that bad. I'm getting real fucking tired of the internet blowing everything out of proportion all of the time

Pure pleb filter like OGF, Under the Skin and Spring Breakers

Only low cineIQ videogame players don't understand it

>This is a perfectly decent movie yet you fucks are acting like this is the worst film ever made because it doesn't perfectly represent the psychological aspects of the source material.

>This is a good movie in its franchise that has nothing to do with what made its franchise good.

Get fucked you shill retard

>I don't understand why this movie was made. Most fans aren't going to see it because they know Hollywood butchered it. Most normies aren't going to see it because they aren't familiar with the original work. What's the point?

I think they're counting on non-fans who aren't familiar with the work and are going to see it because it's a sci-fi action movie that looks kind of like the Matrix/Robocop/Bladerunner/Deus ex machina/etc.

And fans who will see it just to say they saw it. I stand guilty as charged.

That's the thing. As different as the other incarnations are, they're very much united in their general approach to their cyberpunk world, which definitely isn't flashy holographic shit everywhere and simplistic approaches to good/bad guys and the nature of cybernetics.

The movie is decent enough, but entirely forgettable.

Which is just kind of a sad iteration for a franchise that's pretty well known for being a trend setter by defying the usual action scifi schtick.

>someone likes something i dont
>they must always be a shill

You're retarded and that's all there is to it

this desu

my friend also said that she walked weird, but i didnt notice it, how did she walk, user?

>the Sup Forumsedditors favorite reviewer liked it
youtube.com/watch?v=36Pw9J6qtzM

what did he mean by the part where he talks about how the 95 one only being good possibly because of his state of mind as a youth?

The GITS movie was normies as fuck in the 90's. You could find VHS of it everywhere. The new movie just tries to cash in on nostalgia.

>crunchyroll just put all the animated Ghost in the Shell films on steam and for a discount only days ago.

This is pretty standard procedure any time a new film in a franchise comes out. Video rental outlets restock the old prequals, sequals, and earlier versions. Networks air marathons of the other movies and shows. Bookstores put the books and comics in displays in the center aisles. Old videogames start appearing for purchase.

A new movie coming out means free advertising and people either wanting to revisit their old favorite series, refresh themselves on the history, or new viewers wanting to see what the rest of the franchise has to offer.

If anything, these folks want the movie to be successful, as that means more people come to them by osmosis.

I'm not the one who is impressed with shiny lights with absolutely no substance whatsoever. Its fine if you like it, but know that this isn't GitS, so stop pretending that it is.

It is, and there isn't anything you can do about it

What, are you also one of those people who marches in the street screaming "NOT MY PRESIDENT"?

Style is the substance, videogame sensibilities

you should expect:
>a dumbed down plot for all audiences
>little screen time of somewhat well portrayed side characters
>an origins story sub-plot for the main character that might surprise you
>surprising high amount of shot-for-shot adaptation

The first point is rather bad while the other points might or might not be of your liking. Music and visuals are fine, enough to enjoy something out of the movie.

>I'm seeing this movie just out of curiosity, and I've seen the original film. What should I expect, what are some significant changes?

It's basically the remake of Robocop only Robocop is a chick that spends half the movie struggling with emotional problems and getting constantly captured and tied up.

2nd Gig is the pinnacle of GitS. The movie is actually one of my least favorite versions (and I fucking love Oshii) because the Major is so fucking dour and up her own ass.

It is only because they bought the name, it has nothing to do with the series. Would you consider Dragonball: Evolution to be a fair representative of its source material?

Not saying that this one is DB:E levels of bad, but its the same Hollywood marketing bullshit that tries to cast as large a net as possible to rake in as much money as possible without any regard for the source material.

But by all means, enjoy your big budget action/revenge/origin story just like every other capeshit in the last 10 years. It could've been more and thats why people are mad.

>less pretentious plot than the first

Retard detected, they wallop you with transhumanist buzzwords every two seconds and "muh actions>memories."

It means he hasn't rewatched it in a long time.

Haven't watched this, how much do they cut out?
How did they get a young Scarlett Johansmeme for the ending? Did it even have the robo-reproduction bits? Did she show her tits? Did they butcher the gorgeous visuals?