So this was actually really good...

So this was actually really good. I was somewhat weary of the idea of Scarlet Johansson being in this but she's actually OK in the role.

Why haven't more people watched this? Is it because it is not out in the US?

fuck off shill

It launched on Friday. It's not being watched because 1) it's getting panned by critics 2) not that many normies are going to see it because of the lack of name value/interest in it plus the above 3) the fans of the franchise aren't going to see it because it's a travesty

It's probably more well known for its controversy than for just being Ghost in the Shell.

people in the US don't watch movies unless their Rotten Tomato overlords tell them it is OK, which let's face it, is only marvel/disney flicks.

It's an empty shell of a movie. Pun intended. It bears way more resemblance to Robocop 2014 than to Ghost in the Shell. Wish I were kidding.

All that matters is if chinks like it

I'd stick my ghost in her shell

>Combine the GITS anime movie with Blade Runner and come up with a film that insults both.

>Wonder why everyone hates it.

I don't really understand how Robocop has become the buzzword for shit. The remake was underwhelming, but the original film was packed to the brim with satire and criticism of American corporate culture, along with the body horror and identity problems. And oh shit, it came out two years before the GITS manga where it became reasonably popular in Japan.

GITS is great, but we really need to quit treating it like a miracle of modern philosophy and science fiction, it's inspired by quite a few other things.

It's ok, but very underwhelming. I didn't like how they just took the iconic gits scenes and just put them in random order and out of place. Also tank scene sucked.

6/10

I love both those movies and respective books and I really liked this one too.

VFX nomination guaranteed

Everyone doesn't hate it though, it's pretty gud

As long as more people realize what an empty movie the original was, I don't care if this tanks.

I watched yesterday and really enjoyed it. Pictures are beautiful, story is ok, different then in anime which make it even better. ScJoh surprisingly good. Only mad animefags cry about it.
>muh orginal
>muh Motoko
>muh Japan

Just got back from watching it. 8/10 - best Hollywood could do considering the normies they pander to.

Remembering the multiverse stuff with arise and SAC stopped me from sperging.

Main complaint would be a few unexplained stuff (like the guy suddenly having thermo-optic camo without any explanation) that was just for fan service and the obvious "white-washing" damage control they put in with motokos Asian mother. Not to mention the lack of philosophy, but like I said Hollywood pandering to the lowest demographic.

Would like to see them take some risks by actually making reference to the American-empire and WW3/4 if they make a sequel.

>i like X
>fuck off shill!

is it a meme by now? Or are people like you serious ?

It was ok, thought there was a bit too much pensiveness.

explain BvS

It was alright, but the constantly rehashed shots from the 1999 film will kind of sour the experience for anyone who watches the live action one first

Aramaki was fucking based btw

>It was alright, but the constantly rehashed shots from the 1999 film will kind of sour the experience for anyone who watches the live action one first
>Aramaki was fucking based btw

Pretty much.

I still don't get why you would even watch thos one, when the original does everything better

shill pls go and stay go

Just watched it an hour ago. I thought it was decent. Really good visuals, soundtrack and special effects, and ScarJo was actually pretty good in the role. The story was a bit too Hollywood-y though, I felt it was very cliche and didn't do the original justice. Apart from that, I'd say it's worth a watch.

How is she so perfect,bros?

>Why haven't more people watched this?

It is whitewashed trash.

It just so happens that you're only one person

No it wasn't. Script was shit, actors were shit, action scenes were meh and we didn't get to see Scarjo's tiddies. Fell asleep mid-movie because I was horribly bored.
Fuck this movie

>it's getting panned by critics
Really? I saw a commercial with reviewers praising it.

Because it was shit

fpbp

White man in Iron Fist, bad. White girl in Gits, good

> sjw

Where is Japan?

What are you taking about retard people are whining about scarlet too

The amount of shilling for this shit movie has been insane, no one likes it, not the critics (except those first five paid-for reviewers during the embargo), and not the audience given the shitty word of mouth it has gotten.

Only positive mentions are these shill threads that have been started all weekend long, thankfully the weekend is soon to be over and these shills will be gone.

I liked it, and the audience I was with liked it. Who are you vouching for?

>I liked it, and the audience I was with liked it. Who are you vouching for?

No you didn't, you didn't even watch it.

on Sup Forums =/= people

get it ?

This movie is brutally bad

People aren't talking bout it until YIFY rip is out

some guys clapped for it in my theater upon credit roll
I think that's what triggered me because I went on a tirade. I said "nope, no claps for this" and started tearing into it. Not a single person in that theater decided to rebut while they were walking out. Had those guys not clapped I think I would have just said fuck it and my group would have simply left and gotten food.

While I have no intention to see this movie and feel nothing but ridicule for the clod producers who actually thought this was a good idea, I hope the flop doesn't hurt Scarlet Johanson's career

>male chauvinism
>racism!
>white washing!
>misoginy!

the movie has some flaws, sure, but those reasons are 100% bullshit and some critics are in fact using them to diminish what the movie actually does great

>some critics are in fact using them to diminish what the movie actually does great

The movie does nothing 'great', some of the sci-fi scenery SFX is good/decent, that's about it, I might as well watch a SFX demo reel on youtube and save my bucks.

>the guy
what guy
bato? were you paying attention?

Wow so they even made her look Asian

Ghost in the Shill.

43% on RT. was the commercial you saw, perhaps, a GitS ad?

/thread

fuck these threads

this movie was shallow garbage

I only have one question. Does she show her tits at some point or do we only see her in the "nude suit"?

>So this was actually really good
Wtf, how was this good, the story was atrocious regardless if you had watched the 1995 film or not. It was extra atrocious if you had.

The script was 100% the root of why this turned out such a turd.

She doesn't have tits. The suit is her skin. She's a roboto. Do you not understand what's going on?

This. Shill thread hidden.

no nipples
although there is a scene where you see her naked and being repaired after surviving an explosion, You can see parts of her metal skeleton, her muscle tissue and her skin, still no nips, nor tit bones bc they dont exist as far as my virgin self knows

You sound autistic in the really sad, fat, fedora wearing way

yes, boss baby is a much better movie.