>First episode Jerry gets discarded like a piece of garbage

Really joggins the ol' noggin

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/JBhQ
reddit.com
youtube.com/watch?v=vw9zyxm860Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's always been pathetic.

I don't think Beth was meant to be in the right in that episode.
Jerry getting cucked wasn't exactly shown in a great light either

>Why is reddit: the show acting like reddit?

How stupid are you?

S03E01 was written by a guy, but it's not like a divorce was unpredictable. Is it really so hard to believe that a shitty retard husband, whose marriage has been on the rocks for 3 seasons, might get divorced?

kys

perhaps he now joins the government and is enhanced to hunt and destroy Rick

At what point wasn't he getting cucked?
Jerry and Beth where always on the brink of divorce.

Then why didn't Beth just divorce him instead of cucking him first?

beta males learn their place

Because that's what often happens in real life? To make it easier for the audience to feel sorry for Jerry? To show Beth as an actual character with flaws? Gee why would people ever cheat in a TV show you fucking retard

Who did Jerry get cucked by? I don't seem to remember

Nobody. These retards have forgotten what the word actually means and now just use it as a meme

We will never have a Jerry from a universe where he can beat any Rick.

Don't know I didn't even watch the episode. I just got pissed from the 'if a person cheats in a TV show then clearly the Jews did it' attitude. There's tons of reasons for writers to do it. As if affairs haven't always had a prominent role in TV, and literature/theater/mythology/literally-anything-involving-human-creativity before that.

>Watching Reddit and Morty
kys my man

He got flanderised really badly. Remember how in the first season it's really clear that he has it in him to do great things? The second season shat all over him big time. I was actually really shocked the second season was just so fucking bad in general, I actually did go and check what happened to the writing staff, and what a shock, it was completely changed and "diversified".

we thank you for your loyalty to this canadian bear-wrestling forum

>Remember how in the first season it's really clear that he has it in him to do great things?

No, not really.

>badass cronenberg Jerry gets cucked in the same episode
pure coincidence

He doesn't even get cucked. While rick was doing his vin diesel thing in space beth and jerry have a "it was all ricks fault". Then Rick comes back and beth flips her abandoned daughter switch, while jerry says its either him or her dad and you can guess what happens next.

wtf i love jerry now

>Welcome to Reddit Morty!
>Funny cat pictures Rick!
>Wow here's an upboat Morty!
>Karma conspiracy Rick!
>Wait til le Summer hears about this one. Front Page Morty!
>I tip my hat to you, I tip my fedora to you Rick!
>And in this moment I am euphoric Morty!
>You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Who said chivalry is dead Rick!
>Carl Sagan +1 Adios Morty!

>the original Jerry becomes an idealised alpha male
>becomes a successful Hollywood director in another reality where he didn't have kids

This entire episode was a fraud.
Either this is show is going to be a next-level hoax OR they're catering to fanservice and reddit culture and it's all down hill from s02 finale.

Everything felt so fake. I can't believe I was hyped for this.

Hypothesis 1:
This was an elaborate meta-hoax playing on viewer’s expectations on the series, but basically in itself being a parody of the very tropes the show created in its subtle subversion of tropes.

Hypothesis 2:
The series is pandering to casual viewer’s expectations of the series and basically has resorted to lazy writing and fan-service.

Hypothesis 3:
Rick is slowly going insane in his total confinement, akin to sensory deprivation, where he has fled to his last sanctuary: his mind. The entire episode was one of the many ‘fantasies’ he has created in an attempt to stave off the inevitable onset of insanity as his over-brilliant mind turns on itself; the fantasies seem ‘lazy’ as Rick loosely fills in plot points according to how he wishes things would go.

Some evidence I think this episode was a hoax:

1) The area for teleporting the entire Citadel using only “buttons and dials”. This interaction is so fake it could come straight from a Shyamalan style simulation.
2) Beth freezing up and then randomly finally divorcing Jerry
3) The achilles heel of the galactic federation is protected only by a single grunt during an all-out final battle between citadel and federation, and rick has to change only a single number; even the president/great leader has no access to this level apparently.
4) All the Ricks are hyper-intelligent but somehow C-137 outplays them by far.

>release on April 1
>normies think it's fake
>realise "its not"
>It actually is in hindsight when we see the next episode

or, you know, it's just a shit show now.

Did you watch the episode? After Rick comes back Jerry stupidly says "me or him" to Beth, and like literally every moment where Beth's pathological desire not to lose Rick is shown, she picks her Rick her father over Jerry her wife.

Lol the second season did not have new writing staff. It's this season that has some female writers you moron. And Jerry was always pathetic.

>Rick and Morty hires a bunch of female writers for season 3
>First episode they drop the bickering couple subplot that was dragging the rest of the show down

>Jerry her wife
You did that on purpose didnt you

you just don't like the show and that's ok

Just like the show.

That was the point of "buttons and dials" part

Awesome post! have a gold star m'lady

Would you rather another season of them hating one another/deeply caring for each other depending on whichever side of them the writers felt like showing?

I actually really like it. This episode just didn't to it for me at all.

season 1&2 was all about "will they break up"

season 3 will be about "will they get back togheter"

spoiler:they will

Nice youtube comment there, chump. Just because he may or may not like the show doesn't mean you can through his reasoning out the window.

Fanboys of this show seem especially easy to trigger when you point out the glaring flaws this series has.

hahah i wish.

So is this cuckkino?

I think they want Jerry to somehow redeem himself. Otherwise he would be an unnecessary character without any development.

Did anyone else notice there was no humour this episode? Nothing funny, no jokes, no comedy.

It's just a drama show now with feelings and shitty Family Guy style action sequences.

meanwhile Beth sucks just as hard in every reality

>Did anyone else notice there was no humour this episode?

the gun note was funny, also "employee of the month"

>Did anyone else notice
No.

Jerry is too much a loser to even be entertaining

I found the mulan gag funny where the alien actually loves it

The second season was pretty fucking bad in general. Tiny Rick being the lowest point in the show.

What are the flaws?

>watching a show written by women in the first place
Wanna take a guess why Walking Dead show ended up much worse than the comic?

Oh god tiny rick was so bad

I'll give everyone here an advice:
>Ignore Reddit and enjoy the show for what it is

inb4
>A and B
>hurr durr that's just your opinion man

Reddit is better than Sup Forums though.

>> he identifies with jerry

>people still watching after Rick Potion No. 9

Literally the entire premise of the show and anything it has to offer AND the closure, in a single episode.

Kinda hoping the whole thing is fake.

>watching reddit and mumblr

This is why a lot of hate reddit. They take good shit and ruin it completely. Walking Pleb and Game of Trash had the same fate. When do we burn down rebbit?

Is there a legal stream or something? Can't seem to find the episode
Also, I've totally watched both seasons yesterday by chance because I was feeling depressed. What a weird coincidence

vid.me/JBhQ

'Legal'

>i don't even watch the show
>i still hate this part of it

Sup Forums

Look up the episode list and the names of the writers on each episode. Watch how they change after season 1.

I agree with you all of you. Let's all be right together in this thread

>Game of Trash

I didn't ask why the show writers made Beth cuck Jerry I asked why Beth cucked him you moron. It was a shitty thing of her to do is what I'm getting at.

The second season was like the last episode of season 1 nonstop. It really was terrible. About the only decent one Jemaine Clement.

Thank you for the legal stream user

Just go to the rick and Morty subreddit. They've already uncovered a lot of shit in that episode, and it seems already confirmed that Morty is Rick, just by Rick making that "I used to wear blue pants" comment. You guys are lacking and trash compared to reddit.
>also rick old house is breaking bad house

>Gimme the sauce Mharti!
Almost...

Rick said this whole part was imagined

Damn it, now I'm not gonna be super surprised when this turns out to be true

>watch the first episode
>it's worse than Family guy

nice show you got there plebs

hol up are you sayin that Mortys eventually grow up into Ricks?
if he made up everything maybe the blue pants shit was just the creeping feeling that he cares about his Morty

The pilot episode doesn't even do this series justice

>Just go to the rick and Morty subreddit.

I see you people don't even bother to hide anymore.

The fact that you probably put effort in writing this is seriously sad

most pathetic post in this thread

consider ending it

The popular theory going around is that Rick is training Morty, and is just posing as Beth's dad or some such shit. It all seems convoluted so I'm not bothering following this theory.

The reddit boogeyman strikes again

wtf i love females now

This is like crips and bloods fighting over a color, and just as retarded too

>You guys are lacking and trash compared to reddit
"We" really don't have to put any effort into figuring these things out, because someone does it for us. "We" can concentrate on other things in the meantime.

or reddit.com

this

consider ending your lives

wtf im a sjw now

>thread about Rick and Memey
>full of Reddit apologists

Really makes me think...

That's a good excuse for being the "slow" guys

i can imagine you choking on your cheetos as you think the reddit boogeyman has shown himself again

Yeah, Actually that could have been the end of this show.
The whole weight of the aftermatch is downplayed by subsequent episodes even existing.

Those people should definitely feel bad about their lives for feeding a bitter troll like you

Epic comeback. Upvoted.

upboat am i right

>2017
>cheetos

oh boy
don't worry, you don't have to fit in here. There's no upboats or downboats, no karma.

you really think that was him being written out and he's not gonna come back at all during this season? that seemed like what they were setting up to me

I hope it's a mix of hypothesis 1 and 3. This episode is actually a mix of all of Rick's fantasies coming true in a simulation (no more council of Ricks, Galactic government, or Jerry) and a critique of pandering in shows.

>release on April 1
I'm really hoping you're right and that R&M isn't a shit show now.

"We" use our weaponized autism for things like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vw9zyxm860Q

That is not even the same house. A bit of a reach in my opinion

it was fine. relax