Why was it forgotten so fucking fast?

Why was it forgotten so fucking fast?

It actually models itself after Lost in a lot of ways. The writers didn't have some overarching story, they were constantly writing themselves into corners just so they could have a nice cliffhanger for the current episode or season. The meat of the show was actually quite bland.

Everyone gave it 11/10 effort and were exhausted by the end. I've probably rec'd it to 20 people irl and they've loved it.

Nobody has forgotten, it finished 3 years ago. We move on.

Because Weeds was better.

Shitty finale and people realized it was just copying stuff like the Sopranos.

The fuck you are talking about, this show gets talked about all the time, maybe not here because people here go apeshit over reddit.

>Shitty finale

I loved BB, but that finale sucked. It's probably the worst finale I've ever seen.

Why do US shows always end so shit?

Final season was crap. Should've ended it with Gus's storyline. Either with cartels coming to Walts state trying to kill Gus but Walt does it instead, leaving Walt to deal with the Cartels.

>forgotten

wtf are you talking about?
you only use internet to go on Sup Forums maybe?

this ended almost 4 years ago, of course they don't talk about it all the time like it was fucking 2013.
but sure is not forgotten at all.

it would have been one of the greatest shows if it ended at season 4 ending walt saying, "i won". that bullshit with gus fixing his tie after the explosion was so fucking stupid

S4 > S3 > S5 > S2 > S1

nowhere near as bad as dexter

imagine if walt stayed in that cabin and become a wood worker or some boring crap and that was the real end of the show.

A fifth season was fine, it should have focused purely on Jesse and Walt's conflict. The perfect ending would be Walt being arrested.
Having Walt kill a bunch of nazis was the dumbest shit ever, redeemed him way too much.
Earlier seasons are better plen, S1 is easily the best.

I just rewatched the series for the second time and it really deserves the praise it gets. It's a very meticulously crafted show for the most part. A few things in the last season are questionable but other than that it's still one of the best tv shows ever made.

Get in here guys, it's a Mike episode.
lets(dot)rabb(dot)it/886j/vMDDU9ki1B

2 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 3

Breaking Bad was a show for women with just enough action to keep the men watching

Basically feel the same way but I think I'm a little more pissed off. The more I think about it the more the entire final season just feels like one gigantic pulled punch. The entire show managed to pull off this vibe of "anything can happen, anyone can die" but they never actually killed anyone of importance. I still feel like Walt should have killed Jesse and gone full evil. I mean that's what we were promised. For all the cool little moments the final redemption arc gave us it wasn't worth the broken promise IMO.

Villigan let the fanbases love for Jesse get to him. Damn shame

>but they never actually killed anyone of importance

Hank.

I'm actually rewatching the series currently. I'm on so4ep1. Is Jesse supposed to be unlikable? I found myself not liking anybody but Hank, Mike, and Walt when he's doing his Kubrick stare and in full on heisenmode. Gus' actor is absolutely top notch, too. Jesse is just a broken record with muh side slinging and muh girlfriend he knew for two weeks and muh I have nothing except a million dollars.

Also, anyone get gay undertones from Gale? He's buddy buddy with him super fast. The second time around he's pretty clearly aware of what'll happen to Walt, and tries to delay it. Also, that goddamn record player. Maybe I'm just autistic.

yeah in the fucking penultimate episode of the show where they HAD to kill someone. a far cry from "anyone can die at any time"

i know thats not what i said in my post but whatever

Everyone has already talked about it extensively and still do to this day. It will never be forgotten, it's one of the best shows ever.

>season 1
>worst one
That season was one of the best, how dare you

>Gale
>not gay
Yes, you are autistic.

it should've ended wit a police shootout, like swat teams storming an abandoned warehouse and walt taking out 2 or 3 with that machinegun he bought.

holy fucking pleb

S2 > S3 > S1 >>> S4 >>>>>>>>> S5

Would've been a shit payoff and angered normies

Walter had to avenge Isaac Schrader and Jesses spic girlfriend for muh closure.

He also had to die. I thought it was funny he died by his own hand on accident after all the bellyaching about cancer in the series.

He wouldn't even have any reason to kill a bunch of cops.

S4>S5>S3>S1>S2

bait

Jesse was one of the worst characters of all time. I hated that cunt.

Jesse is a huge faggot. Only redditors like him.

Because Obamacare solved all the problems in the show?

I think OPs point in asking is that the show is ultimately a cliffhanger gimmick type show. The story and characters aren't rich enough to make it something worth revisiting...

And even if that isn't OPs point, it's my response to the question.

I'm rewatching it right now actually. I didn't realize how poor the acting was, I actually thought it was fantastic the first time around. Of course when every line is exposition its hard to take anyone seriously but still. Cranston is great though, but can ham it up a bit too much to be considered as great an actor that he is.

It's the kind of show that's only fun when you watch the episodes as they are released every week and then you shitpost about them in the social media.

It has zero rewatchability.

Season 5 sucks.