NEW RECORD
CONGRATS CATALONIA

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.eu/article/catalan-leader-puigdemont-in-brussels-reports-say/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe go further than 5 days next time

drama whores

>implying you can revolt succesfully without picking up your GUNS

Do not expect Sc*talans expect to have logic.

thank you mandingo

Reminder that they were independent for exactly zero seconds.
> all the wealth generated in Catalonia the last weekend will be taxed by Spain
> all children born in Catalonia are Spaniards
> all trade goods that passed through Catalonia were controlled by Spanish customs
> all travel between Catalonia and the rest of the world counted as a movement between Spain and the rest of the world
> whatever laws were broken in Catalonia (bar fights, speed tickets, loitering, etc) are subjected to Spanish law

Catalonia's "three-day independence" never happened outside the realms of fantasy.

It amuses me that even Greeks had the sense to think like this but Catalans, with all their money and education, can't.
Or they are just afraid of death.

yeah but thats no fun, saying their best over 3 independance is 3 days is funnier

clearly if they weren't willing to pick up their guns and fight they really didn't care about their independence. pretty disappointing

The situation is not nearly bad enough to merit civil war.

Besides, in recent history there have been multiple relatively (key-word being relatively) peaceful secessions. Look at South-Sudan. Yes, it was preceded by war, but still. The UK gave Scotland the chance but the Scottish were too cucked.

Fugg, I sometimes forget that I'm on Sup Forums and try to write serious posts.

>look at south sudan
>2 million died during the SECOND sudanese civil war

>The situation is not nearly bad enough to merit civil war.
Neither is it bad enough to merit a secession, but Catalans thought they would pull Spain a new trick.
South Sudan wasn't really that peaceful, me thinks.
You should have went with Montenegro really.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said.

that's pretty bad

so what happened? I googled it, but I can't find anything that says spain put an end to it.

Just after independence was declared, the spanish president legally dismissed the regional president of catalonia and the entire regional government, took over the control of the regional government and called for elections on 21 December. This was done on Friday, so it wasn't fully in effect until Monday

The central government dismissed the Catalan government, dissolved the Catalan parliament and called for new Catalan elections in December. In the meantime, Catalan autonomous institutions (government, mostly) are under the direct authority of the Spanish government, until a new Catalan government is formed. Then, Catalan autonomous institutions will be devolved. The whole process is described in the Spanish constitution, it's not like the central government has decided to administrate Catalonia in a banana republic way.

Some members of the former Catalan government that declared independence have fled to Brussels today and claimed political asylum, apparently Belgians have laughed in their faces.
politico.eu/article/catalan-leader-puigdemont-in-brussels-reports-say/

yeah, but is it really in effect now then? did the catalan politicians really stay home from work because spain told them to? and did the catalan police really obey spanish orders instead of catalan ones?

To any catacuck here, just look at your leaders, do you really think your pseudo-nation would be possible under such cowardly rule?

what you said originally was contradictory to your point. clearly you are retarded if you think peaceful secession is possible when you are connected to the mainland.

>yeah, but is it really in effect now then?
Pretty much

>did the catalan politicians really stay home from work because spain told them to?
There was one who went to his office but quit a few hours later. All the other members of the government didn't even go (it's a crime to assume a government role you don't have)

>and did the catalan police really obey spanish orders instead of catalan ones?

Yes. I mean, they are public workers. If they rebel against the authority they can be fired.

> politicians
The parliament is officially dissolved and there are regional elections in 2 months. So it's pointless for Catalan politicians to go to parliament instead of working on the campaign.

> police
The leader of the Catalan police was found guilty of incompetence in the October 1st riots or something and was demoted, now his second in command is in charge of the Catalan police. For the police corps itself, nothing has changed, they are still responsible for the rule of (Spanish) law in Catalonia.

Catacuck reportan everyone is gossiping about what is happening in Brussels is an elaborate ruse to trick nations into recognition.

Also another powerful gossip is that we are going to a general strike for a week to ruin Spain (in my personal opinion this will only bring ruin to ourselves).

> trick nations into recognition
> in Brussels
Do separatists actually believe this? Like European nations have nothing better to do than encourage their own separatist movements by drawing new borders within the EU. The delusion is even worse than I thought, baka

>3 days

thanks for clearing it up.

the main reason I asked is because what the spanish politicians say doesn't necessarily reflect what's actually going on in catalonia. if you say that the catalan police and politicians really obeyed spanish orders, however, I guess the habbening is really over.

I am not aware of the things that are happening to the catalonian resident's who oppose separation, given the nature of this type of conflict i expect heavy discrimination towards the ones who oppose it, but by now everything must be returning to a semblance of normality, am i correct?

there was this twitter account that claimed every move puig made was like an ace on chess, literally 2deep4you but he will win in the end, catalans live in a paralel world, there was another claiming the EU wouldn't be able to live without the catalan wealthy and they will be recognized just by that

You can you pick the guns but you dont have ro shoot

Keep in mind that all memes aside, Spain is a modern first-world country - a democracy that is part of the EU. First worlders don't form guerrillas or take up arms like the Palestinians or the Tamils. Plus, there are no ethnic differences among Spaniards, and citizens of regions where regional languages are spoken (Basque country, Galicia, etc) are free to study in that language and express themselves culturally. Destitute, miserable, oppressed peoples in the third world are desperate enough to take an AK and avenge the oppressor who bulldozed your home or burnt your village. When you have guaranteed access to freshwater, sanitation, political freedom, medicine and education, your liberation movement never goes beyond LARPing.

If you club people to death with shotguns it can work. I imagine that 1 million shotgun wielding Catalans that club every Spanish citizen would make quite the impact.

Vergonha is funnier though

S E V E N T Y
T W O
H O U R S

Wasn't it 8 seconds?

wait what happened.
is it over?