The Wire

was hamsterdam a good idea?

no not really

every city needs a little Mogadishu in the middle of it. what a great idea! thanks bunny!

Sure why not

YOOOO PANDEMIC

t. Obama

I don't know if it was a good idea but it brings up a good discussion.
Addicts and dealers have always and will always exist. If we can segregate and isolate them from proper society, would everyone's lives be better?

ICYCLE

the war on drugs is a pointless but it's a good way to keep locking up niggers and mexicans

If the plan was to bomb the place when all the nogs were in it. Sure.

The war on drugs certainly wasn't a good idea

>segregation is good

kys

Taking niggers from Africa and bringing them to your country was a bad idea

WMD RIGHT'CHERE RIGHT'CHERE

Yes. It was better than addicts running out killing people to get drugs, dealers killing each other over turf. Crime went down in such ridiculous numbers. All crimes across the board, especially violent and sexual ones.

All drugs just need to be legalized and regulated. Hamsterdam was an experiment worth doing and they didn't even bother learning from it, they just shut it down and ignored it.

hamsterdam was only a slight exaggeration of patrol policies.

PAAANDEMIC

RED TOPS RED TOPS

all drug users and poor people should be confined to designated areas.

Dude if we just made crack legal blacks would totally be better for it
Oh but we'd also need to assign a small legion of social workers, doctors and nurses, security guards, and police officers to the scene because shit will obviously go out of hand quickly since it's literally one gigantic crack house

>bunny

kek

the hard drug industry in the united states was kickstarted by the CIA as a sort of inoculation against communist sentiment taking hold in the poor.

Thus the war on drugs was just another symbolic war against communism.

No but the Westside wasn't exactly beautiful without it

they already are

dude it's way cheaper to pay social workers, medical professionals, and drug rehab staff to hang around crack houses than it is to pay police and prison guards lmao

But the police were already there on the scene.
So now the difference is paying (((lawyers))) or paying 4 other fields to hold crack addicts hands as they light up, making sure they don't go and kill one another

I don't think there's much evidence to your claim btw

better than most of the city being like, well, Baltimore

>what is paying jail guards, lawyers, judges, cops, parole officers, methadone/in jail drug addiction doctors, not to mention the high recidivism + additional costs of the drug trade/organized crime

versus

>pay a cop or two to watch over people injecting legal drugs over a quiet section of town

gee I wonder which one is worse?

it kind of killed the wire for me, the idea was too outrageous to even consider and something like that would cause a nationwide shitstorm

the show was cool but not very realistic aside from its portrayal of niggers

by confined I mean confined. I don't want to see them lazing around or get asked for money by them when I am on my way to work.