JUST

JUST

>people will say it bombed because it's racist
>not because it was a shit movie
Every time.

>anime
not even once

True pleb filter confirmed

I think the only people who wanted to see it were those familiar with the source, and only because they wanted to how bad it would be.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME? MY SWEDISH FRIEND.

That's me, can confirm.

it just wasnt a very interesting movie desu. The story seemed super generic. I mean cmon, a robot that is sad because controlled ok

That was half of the audience, the other half was people who were just tryna see some titty

good. hopefully this scares the Jew from touching any more anime franchises

>The story seemed super generic.
The Major was literally Alex Murphy with tits.

>license a franchise that no pleb is going to know and keep it slightly too Japanese for them
>alienate the core Western fanbase by replacing the central themes of the series with a RoboCop remake
>throw in a whitewashing controversy for good measure

Whoever greenlit this in this form should be fired desu

That's unfair, Alex Murphy had personality.

Maybe this will shut the people up that think ScarJo is a bankable movie star

WEEBS BTFO

$19 million (!), that's a fucking disaster

It cost $110 million in production and at least another $50 million to promote, with this shitty opening weekend theatres will clear it quickly so next weekend likely won't earn it more than $4-5 million and that's it.

They better pray the chinese have been dying for a shitty anime remake.

>weebs
>wanting 3dpd adaptions

They fucking deserve it. Leave mah anime alone.

Most critics don't even mention her terrible acting.

>power rangers preform better
>second place somehow did well enough for sequel
JUST and how?

>Whoever greenlit this in this form should be fired desu

That would be this smug jew, also he has the following in the pipeline:

Fablehaven, based upon teenage novels of same name
Maximum Ride, another teenage novel
Uncharted, based on the video game
Infamouse, based on the video game
Metal Gear Solid, based on the video game

>110 million
What were they thinking? For fuck's sake, it bombed harder than Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow. And Sky Captain was actually good.

it's not about the choice of the subject, it's about horrendous adaptations and executions. these franchises will be on capeshit level of production but have nowhere near the market value and brand recognition.

Greedy Jews rush in to cash in on something popular "oy vey anime is the next comic book goldmine rub rub rub", buy the rights, put filthy Jewess as lead get btfo. ok by me.

What exactly did they expect? No fan of Gits wanted this and for everyone else it's a new IP that might as well be called Dick in the Butt.

nuWeebs

>weebs want Hollyjew to butcher their favorite franchises
???

>rush in
this flick has been in development hell longer than you've been on the internet lad

So how many times does an adaptation need to fail to make a great profit until hollyjew gives up and moves off to some other "next big thing"

Just In The Shell: don't even Stand Alone In the cinemaComplex

>nuWeebs caring about ghost in the shell
nuWeebs just want romantic comedies set in school

>Infamouse
kek

>nuWeebs just want romantic comedies set in school
But nuweebs(Sup Forums) want this and other fedorian live action shit like bebop and many other entry level pleb trash

Live-action westernized versions of animes confirmed unprofitable. The only good ones are movies that were "inspired" by animes, like Black Swan

Worldwide it's 60 million.

They can only hope for China and Japan.

>$110M

So how much of that money went to the oppressed lead?

airbender is american though

ScarJo needs to fuck off

People in Japan who know the industry are also saying there isn't much promotion.

This. I'm really happy that her career is crashing and burning.

>Blade runner clone and some other 80s movie
>anime fans make it about deep eastern philosophy
>"the original was deep guys"

Power rangers almost made the same in it's second weekend ($14.5 million, with a domestic total of $65 million) as GITS did in it's first ($19 million), and Power Rangers is a flop, what word shall we use for GITS ?

>Metal Gear Solid

It was both desu

teraflop

ANNUDDARUUU SHOAAHHH-RUUU

>there are people who thought this movie was going to not flop

Every time a film based on an existing property fails, and every time a film with some original ideas succeeds, the industry heads towards a healthier direction.

More like Korean.

Eh, not really.
The suits will just think it flopped because it's some gay sci-fi animu cyperpunk thing and clearly that's not what the audience wants (while ignoring the actual shit that made it flop).

Get ready for even more capeshit.

god damn i was really hoping for a sequel

hah

If sequels never made money, they would never be made.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
HOPEFULLY NO MORE ANIME ADAPTATIONS IN AT LEAST 2 DECADES
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Akira is already announced.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Akira is already announced.
And has been for a decade and each time it gets close its sent back to development hell

Even if it does get made, they're letting that nigger from MADtv direct it and it has much less name recognition than GITS in the states kek

>manga based on western movies and tropes
>let's make a westernized live action movie based on an anime that is itself western inspired to begin with
It's literally like eating shit and expecting the original food of the original shit to come out of your asshole tasting even better than it tasted before being eaten the first time. Just can't work.

I would have seen it when Scarjo was still the best girl and not an unattractive full-blown try hard loony liberal with the world's worst dyke haircut.

I wouldn't have paid for it though

Dosney wins again baby
We can't be stopped

>believing japanese animators put anyone other than white people in their animes

>no more shitty hollywood anime movies
Sounds good to me desu

Europeans will save it. Believe me, we euros have taste. I know a lot of people who are gonna see the movie.

Why won't Hollywood just give up on vidyashit and animeshit? It never works

Non non biyori is kino

Every suit think they are going to hit gold and become the hot shit but it never works.

>bombed like nagasaki
>reddit hates it for being unfaithful
>SJWs hate it for whitewashing

so does that mean Sup Forums will love this movie forever?

sometimes it does

>Being actively retarded
White people don't have green hair and saucer sized eyes.

>Thinks most people in anime are meant to be white.

dont they make their money back mostly world wide like in china?

Didn't China save that godawful Transformers 2014 movie?

And the wow movie.

I just hope that they now make a big budget Akira movie and that it fails too.
I just can't think of any anime that would be improved by a real life adaptation.

Beauty and the Beast is big budgetkino

I hate "ScarJo". It's weird that people pretend she's super hot.

Honestly relieved, I hope they never get around to making trendy pop culture remakes of shit that can't even localize correctly like yuyu hakusho or trigun

I want a One Piece Cinematic Universe where they do a film for each of the pirates and then have them come together in one film Avengers style.

They will try once more with Cowboy Bebop
They'll probably star a black guy as Spike

YES ANIME IS SAVED

underage detected

I'm a one piss pleb and even I know a live action movie would be fucking terrible

>dont they make their money back mostly world wide like in china?

The problem is that when it comes to the foreign money, the studio gets MUCH less.

For the domestic box office, the studio/distributor gets ~60% of the box office money (rest goes to the theatres), for foreign box office, they get ~25%, so it really has to do GREAT overseas for it to save a big budget movie which bombs in the domestic box office.

>now Hollywood will never fuck up an Akira movie

Feels good, man.

She at least was pretty hot tbqh senpai. And still pretty nice now.

She should stop doing that stupid 'grumpy bad-ass face' she does for everything though.

already happening

like pottery, it rhymes

Would audiences even like a faithful story?

I mean I enjoyed the first anime movie but it devoted a shit ton of time to the Major staring blankly somewhere and spewing philosophy 101.

19 million in the US and Canada, which was just below the predictions of 25 million for the US and Canada. It's made around 45 million in other territories. 60 million total so far.

KINO

I thought they just did one of these films like last year or so with the same results.

Is this a sequel to Aeon Flux or Ultraviolet?

>le redditor quip sjw clickbait writer

Absolutely not. You can't make a film like that, that also caters to the general audience. You end up like Interstellar, where Rust floats through another dimension shouting to his robot about love so that everyone in the cinema is definitely still on the same page.

>For the domestic box office, the studio/distributor gets ~60% of the box

Why do people keep perpetuating this myth? The first week a movie is in theaters the studio nets like 95% of the profit. The longer a movie is in theaters, the more the theater is able to dip into that percentage. So by the fourth or fifth week a movie is showing, the theater is getting 60% of the profit now, and so on and so on.

Anime isn't going to work with big movies why do they keep trying it?

>Maximum Ride

This one already came out. I saw that shit like a year ago. It was pretty bad.

This should hopefully pull the plug on the Akira remake that's been on life support for years.

she's a goblin

Yes.

Domestic: $19,000,000
Foreign: $40,100,000

Worldwide: $59,100,000

It still has to open in Japan and China.