/who/ - Doctor Who General

Cyberbring edition
Last time:
Parallel universe:
>>/mtv/15289

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmsafe5d4oM
youtube.com/watch?v=F7KbqE_EzJM
lissy-strata.tumblr.com/post/158704639821/the-movie-could-have-been-much-much-different)
youtube.com/watch?v=wt2Mgz8sufE&t=2s
twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/848613234965966848
twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/848593148775411712
twitter.com/elijahkraling/status/848203316056248320
mixital.co.uk/channel/doctor-who-fanfiction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's mtv /who/ ?

Did Sup Forums get a movie board?

How do we "fix" Big Finish?

Sup Forums and Sup Forums merged for april fool's

April fool's combo board. Sup Forums + Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmsafe5d4oM
reminder

>Cyberbring

>>>/film/
Film nearly exists

Get Paul back on the main range. Give another Doctor a chance for an uh epic side series.

Sorry
Parallel universe:

>>>>/film/
That was meant to be a link but looks like it auto fixed.
Just amend it in your URL bar.

>Give another Doctor a chance for an uh epic side series.

The Fifth Doctor Boxset?
The Last Adventure?
The FDAs?

I do actually agree with you but thought I'd point out what maybe kinda sorta fits your suggestion already

Was it fun?

youtube.com/watch?v=F7KbqE_EzJM

Best cliffhanger in Doctor Who history above.

Ruined with a sonic screwdriver cop out.

>Fuck Briggo off
>Make like 3/4 series instead of pumping a story out every 3 hours with a plot equivalent to a pile of jizz
>Hire more decent writers
>Pcaps and Jenna series

Fox didn't want a regeneration scene, and the BBC wanted Tom Baker to play the old Doctor in the TV Movie. Huh.

Subscribers get more, at BigFinish.com

(src: lissy-strata.tumblr.com/post/158704639821/the-movie-could-have-been-much-much-different)

no

>Implying Death To The Daleks part 3 isn't the best cliffhanger

Big Finish.
We Love Stories.

To put those into perspective. The 8th doctor got four series of EDAs and three (Dark Eyes, Doom Coalition, The Time War) major arc chronicles you think of a better name for them

Briggs Finish.
We Love McGann.

The BBC wanted the movie to ignore '80s Who completely. Could you imagine if that happened? Damn, the TV movie could have turned out even worse than it did.

Give it to me so I could finally make it into my autistic fanfictions. They'll all be Natural History of Fear knockoffs and people will love them.

I don't know where I am

I don't know where I am!

Cancel all the spinoff ranges and fund a Shalka Doctor meets 8 box set

I forgot how god tier season 5 is.

Cut down on the amount of spinoffs

How do we "fix" Nicholas Briggs?

How do we "fix" Chris Chibnall?

>worse
But ignoring the 80's is a good thing

How do we "fix" Nardole?

make him the watcher

How do we "fix" the Watcher?

Looks like he's saying "us"

you will be like us

I'm pretty sure this features in the new title sequence

Based Sylv aside, the 80's were pretty fucking shitty

How do we "fix" the Valeyard?

That's Bill

1. A new sequence would be silly since it's his last series and Moffat's last one, too
2. Why would the companion's face be in it?
3. WHY WOULD WE HAVE TO SEE HER WITH HER MOUTH STUPIDLY HANGING OPEN EVERY FUCKING TIME WE WATCH AN EPISODE

I could see them doing a new sequence, even though it's Moff's last series. They've certainly gone to various lengths to promote this series as all brand new, ep1 title included, so a new sequence would help sell it as fresh.

Also, half of Series 7 had a title sequence all to itself before changing again for Series 8.

my sources tell me this is also part of the new title sequence

Sup faggots

>tfw the Class theme song is about you
What have I been waiting for,
Been wasting all my time
Watchin' my youth slip away
Surely is a crime

What the fuck are they gonna do with McGann after the 4 Time War boxsets?

It's an incredibly serious cliffhanger that goes through with the literal destruction of everything, including the possibility of any more Doctor Who, in the most fatal event conceivable. As in the universe actually ends.

With a development like this, the tone with which it's responded to is more important than the arbitrary plot details. Any manner in which you un-end existence is going to be bullshit, but the way you choose to do it reveals what your story is actually saying. The decision was, in the face of all consuming darkness and oblivion, to resolve it with irreverence, fun and trickery.
Don't think it's anything other than totally deliberate that the super-imposing Pandorica can, when all's said and done, be whacked open in 2 seconds by the sonic screwdriver. We've been set up to see it as a grand power symbol of the Daleks and co., and it gets utterly deflated.
The Doctor being imprisoned in a cube is really no more than a silly spatial inconvenience which, when the notions of space and time have been obliterated, becomes trivial to solve (i.e. by cheating, complete with comedy music).
Even River's predicament, which seemed inescapable, becomes harmless when we realise the TARDIS wouldn't just let something like that happen.
And Amy's death is turned around by taking something horrible about the Pandorica (it doesn't let you escape into death) and recasting it as something hopeful. When the story culminates in ultimate destruction, the Doctor Who solution is to subvert the pieces of the story to create a better outcome.

Instead of maybe some dour-faced and portentous battle in the quantum realms to save reality, the episode that results is basically a romp running away from a Dalek (maybe the most basic possible form of Doctor Who). But each major beat hinges on the emotional bonds between 11 and his companions, this is important because it's 11 who must risk oblivion to atone for his own hubris. Basically The Big Bang is the best finale.

WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON NEVER KNOWING WHE NEVER KNOWING WHERE WE GONNA WE GONNA WAKE UP IN THE MORNAYY AYY AYY

where's this from?

The slitheen one is pretty cancerous

go to bed sandifer

I'm Bill, I serve chips.

If Chibnall's era is marked by a colorful synthwave wonderland aesthetic then it will be GOATest on that alone.

Capaldi should release a solo album after he leaves Doctor Who.

Maybe go back to more main range type stories earlier in 8's timeline or continue the novel adaptation range and start adapting some of the EDAs.

the latest trailer

*David Tennant voice*
WHAT?

"The Time War: Divergence" in which 8 never dies on Karn and never becomes the War Doctor, so he has to tackle the Time War by himself. This will be 4 boxsets.

Following that, McGann will star in "The Time War: Divergent Divergence" where basically he jumps a time track and has to face the horrors of the Time War but in a different coat. This will be 8 boxsets.

Before fixing it we must diagnose the problems.

What would /who/ say is wrong with Big Finish?

ahh thanks

They go on about casting the right person for the part regardless of gender, but here Steven admits he thought of the gender swap twist before anything else.

Don't you forget about this.

excuse me sir but thats the 2005-2009 era tardis TRY AGAIN

It'd be hard adapting EDAs (the few that aren't cancerous like Alien Bodies, Seeing I or Camera Obscura) as they're trapped in the huge Mad Larry arcs. I haven't listened to any of the VNA adaptations so God knows how they did Love and War or Original Sin.

SIMM/MISSY TWO MASTERS STORY CONFIRMED FOR FINALE

How based would a Beevers/Simm/Gomez story be tho?

>Oh dear lord the children
Moffat's mind is a very strange place.

Macqueen's master would make it GOAT

How GOAT a 12/Gomez 8/Macqueen story
Also nice digits

>mfw we get The Six Masters with Missy, John Simm, Alex Macqueen masking his debut as based bureaucrat Master, the return of Derek Jacobi, Ben Miller as Ainley, and Beevers in GOAT crispy makeup
>mfw Missy casually kills John Simm at the end because she remembers that's how she herself came into being

>mfw I forgot to include based American Master
>Eric Roberts will now never return and it's all my fault

twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/848613234965966848
Shits kicking off :0

Reminder that the series 9 soundtrack isn't happening

and nothing of value is lost

im sure an user here said he "rebranded" and ... twitter.com/Da_Whelan/status/848593148775411712

whelan browses /who/ confirmed

The TV Movie isn't canon

twitter.com/elijahkraling/status/848203316056248320

mixital.co.uk/channel/doctor-who-fanfiction
Someone upload Shit Trips Vol 1

>identical white triplets, dead white and levitating
That's a really fucking cool image desu. I seriously wish Moffat based an episode on the Master's selfcest and children, it'd be a lot better than another fucking Gatiss episode.

Moffat made it canon

They probably have mods. Best post it under another name, or just add the SFW stories.

This post has given you out, Sandifer

Nardole big finish spin off when?