/bi/ - Bilingual zones general

>Your cunt
>Do you live in a bilingual zone? how are minoritary languages treated in your country?
Spain
Regional languages are treated well and have classes in schools

The entirety of SoCal.
Had to take 4 years of Spanish and a lot of jobs say "Spanish preferred" , it's actually one of the recommended credentials for applying for med school.

Actually one correction: only had to take 2 years, I chose to take 4.

yes there are loads of languages here but they're mostly memes aside from english

bueno

100% of spain speaks spanish though.

i visit wales most summers and i have yet to listen to a single person speak welsh
why do they care so much about having it written everywhere if its too complicated for people to speak it anyway? same for Irish in ireland

well yes, every language from spain is a spanish language, so you are correct.

We recognize Amerindian languages like Guna and Emberá.

Spanish has 2 100 000 speakers
>Ngäbere has 128 000 speakers
English has 268 000 speakers
>Guna has 57 000 speakers
Arab has 15 000 speakers
>Emberá norteño has 10 000 speakers
Chinese (Hakka) has 6 000 speakers

>Woun Meu and Teribe have 3 000 speakers
>Buglere has 2 500 speakers
Japanese has 1 200 speakers
French has 3 000 speakers
Patois has 5 000 speakers

If you go farther west they actually speak it.

100% of spain speaks castillian

sure, what's your point?

Theres no need to make distinction between spanisg regions they all speak same language.

yes, they do, but they're bilingual which is what OP was talking about, that's the distinction.
again, I don't understand what was your objective by pointing that out.

actually I live in cardiff and if you're visiting here or south wales generally, you're less likely to hear it than other parts of the country
though everything is still bilingual or sometimes just welsh which is pretty annoying as someone who doesn't speak it (I'm a Londoner)

>flag
>do you live in a bilingual zone
Yes and no i guess? Living in the city i would say is technically supposed to be English, but everyone speaks different languages here anyways.
Also, I sometimes live outside the city where theres bilingual status.
>how are minority languages treated in your country
Native languages nowadays are getting help to teach the younger generations to speak them. most languages dont have official status anywhere other than the territories.

Valencian speaker here

Basque diaspora will rule the Northwest
etorkizuna bermatu behar dugu

Fl*mish language is disrespected here in Bruxelles and it's a nice thing, I believe

ARAGON GOT DIEGO'D

Too many to list

does Italy give officiality to any language like spain? or not?
also are they actaul languages or dialects?

Colloquially regional languages are referred to as dialects, but that's a political definition really. All Italian "dialects" are actually languages that developed from Vulgar Latin, and are older than what you would call Standard Italian itself. In fact Standard Italian is nothing but a redeveloped version of Florentine Tuscan. I'd say when it comes to knowledge of dialects usually it's strongest in the South and Northeast, and usually older people will have a better knowledge of it then young people, but then you have cases like Neapolitan where it's pretty much universally spoken in its home region.

Also:
>The following minority languages are officially recognized as "historical language minorities" by the Law no. 482/1999: Albanian, Catalan, German, Greek, Slovene, Croatian, French, Franco-Provençal, Friulian, Ladin, Occitan and Sardinian

How different are these dialects? Are they quickly disappearing or still widely spoken?

How different is the Venetian language from Standard language?

Italian dialects interest me.

Catalonia 100% speak castillian and are castillian, I will protect you castillian tribe brother

Russia
Some are treated bad (finno-ugrics, bashkir, languages of siberian minority), some are treated good (tatar, north-caucasian languages)
>tfw speak two languages ever since I can remember

I live in a graveyard of languages