>tease a Janeway/Chakotay pairing for the entire series
>constantly build up the story leading up to it
>lol no chakotay loves seven
explain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGvUDvZ7KyU
youtube.com/watch?v=y8-917vo9C8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Beltran was trying to get himself fired for years. He kept going in before the start of every season and asking for more money and they just kept giving it to him. Eventually, before the 7th season, he decided to ask for a love story line with Seven, figuring that this would certainly get him fired.

Well, you can see what happened.

Janeway would never cheat on Mark.

Mark left her early in the series

Interesting gossipmongering. You almost seem like a woman. Do you have any other juicy behind-the-scenes tidbits you are compelled to repeatedly share? Please disclose, I am a woman also.

he should've been killed off. honeslty his acootchiemoya shit was more annoying than any other characters' glaring blandness

Sorry, babe, I'm full dude. It's not gossip, I saw him talk about it in an interview himself. Plus he asked, I didn't feel compelled to share anything.

I have another tidbit though. Ur gey hahaloll!!!!1111ONEONEONE

>hating akoochemoya man
Chakotay was one of the good characters on the show

wasnt mark the dog?

>tfw we didn't get a Doctor/Seven relationship

This, you can't trust men. Not even a year and he already found another one

>Chakotay on paper: A charismatic leader of a rebel army.]
>Chakotay in actuality: A personality-free whitebread cuck

He was stoic and composed
Like a native american

Is it me or did none of the pairings make any sense? The Tom/Belanna pairing just came out of nowhere and felt forced. Neelix and Kess was cringe. Chakotay/Seven was super forced.

The only one that would have made sense was Seven and the doctor.

voyager was shit. don't even bother trying to make sense of it

seven didn't abandon her amphibious children behind on some planet

Didn't Beltran demand the idea as one of the many attempts at getting himself fired?

I liked Tom and B'Elanna, thought they made a cute couple. Neelix's character definitely improved 1000x once Kes was gone though.

>you will never make transwarp salamander babies with Janeway

>ywn have a bdsm session with mirror kira

Why live?

why are tholians mentioned so much but almost never make appearances

>ywn have an alternate universe version of yourself eyefuck you as soon as you meet and then proposition you to be a selfcest fucktoy
it would be weird if visitor weren't so hot

chakotay has culture.

this explains everything.

>explain
Borg nanoprobes

>voyager was shit. don't even bother trying to make sense of it
this desu. The number of good episodes you can count on one hand.

Seven was the worst idea in a long string of bad ideas for Voyager.

VOYAGER WAS BAD

If he was a true Native American he would have spent the trip drunk and smelling of Listerine.

Jeri Ryan is never a bad idea.

Patrician taste.

A bit of wankbait is fine in Star Trek, but then they made her the main character of the show and tried to give her an actual personality. That just doesn't work. She should have just been a background character with the occasional closeup on her tits/ass for the horny nerds to jerk it to.

Jeri Ryan isn't a bad idea, but Seven was. If she was more than eye candy to bring up ratings, it would have been better.

What would have been better than bringing on eye candy? Better writing...but that's too hard so let's sell sex

Nothing like a show with an ensemble cast and nobody takes off as interesting for a center of the show. So bring in a new one.

>tried to give her an actual personality
some of that was annoying I'll agree, but they did the same shit with Tuvok, trying to paste a poorly thought out, badly written character onto an actor.

Tim Russ' best scenes were when his Vulcan shit started to slip, Jeri's were when parts of her psyche were relapsing into other assimilated individuals - don't remember the names of the episodes, sry.

A lot of that was bad writing, not really the casting problem.
Tuvok's best

Why didn't Janeway just fuck Q?

Tuvok was a great character though, he was easily one of the best/most complex characters in the series. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of him if anything.

>tfw I liked the Klingon fanservice ep
And the novels expand upon it until it's Trekkino

friendly reminder that janeway was guilty of murdering tuvix who only wanted to live a normal life

Basically just read all of the post-series Voyager novels.
>Harry gets promoted
>Chakotay is captain
>Starfleet uses the Borg slipstream tech to send Voyager back to the Delta Quadrant with three other ships to properly explore it
>Plots abandoned by the show writers are picked up again (the Voth, the Vaadwaur, what the fuck the Krenim were really about)

Janeway did nothing wrong

>>Harry gets promoted
Why did this never happen in the show? Tuvok and Paris both got promoted. Did the writers not like his character? He seemed to always be getting fucked over, looking back on it.

he was captain in the timeline Janeway erased

The writers hated Garrett Wang ever since he revealed to TV Guide that Rick Berman demanded the human-playing actors portray their characters as blandly as possible to make aliens "pop out" more.

>tuvix
>murder

Kes was cut from the show for Seven.
I'm OK with that.

Doesn't really explain why nobody remembered Kes warning everyone about the year of hell though.

>it's a Q episode

I dunno, I thought Jennifer Lien wasn't bad looking, especially in Season 4 when she wore her hair down.

Really sucks her career took a dive after Voyager as well. She wasn't a bad actress in other stuff like SLC Punk

>it's Q-Less

>tfw TNG makes you feel all introspective

youtube.com/watch?v=mGvUDvZ7KyU

Yeah she was a cute for sure.
Shame what happened to her.

Q2 is pure kino

>this is jennifer lien now

JUST

Any of you nignogs play Star Trek Online?

That episode when the alien pixie falls in love with tuvok.

I do...

Tom and Belanna was the only one that made sense, it developed little by little over time and ultimately I liked it. Neelix and Kess was terrible, and so was Seven and Chakotay.

muh diq

He also had the best line in the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8-917vo9C8

Tuvok and the Doctor were easily the best characters on Voyager.

I really liked Tuvok and Janeway's chemistry, they had lots of great scenes together

Kes blew him off after a little while and was safe.

Why did they give in to the demands? Did he appeal to key advertising demographics or something?

we need a Sup Forums fleet

They can't just kill off ackoochymoya THAT FAR from the bones of his people!

For years he was openly, loudly, and repeatedly critical of the shows writing. And this was in a time when that didn't happen unlike now, it was almost unheard of. He would just go on about how terrible the writing staff was and have everything wrong with Voyager was their fault. I mean he was right. I could just never believe they kept renewing his contract.

Tank girl.

Kes sucked at first but they were really turning her around by the time they wrote her out of the show by making her a more independent character after that one where she gets possessed by a bodyswapping dictator, the father/daughter thing she kinda had going on with the Doctor was ok, and he whole Parisbowl love triangle thing they were hinting at between her, Tom and Torres could have been good.

Starfleet captains don't sleep with their first officers. I mean you think if Ryker had been a hot woman (I picture swapped Ryker looking like Katy Perry) that Picard would have slept with her? Fuck no. He might have loved her from afar but he would never have acted on it. It would have been unprofessional.

>Starfleet captains don't sleep with their first officers

Why did they kick her off the show? Was she going insane already, or did they stupidly think there was only room for one hot chick?

They were either going to kick off her or Harry to clear the budget for a new cast member in 7 of 9, and then Garret Wong was named one of People's 50 most beautiful people.

>it's a doctor whines about muh photonic rights episode
but really why was it such a big deal? he was clearly sentient

>Holographic Doctor is sentient (and sapient)

Prove it. To me, he's an interactive WebMD with some weird plug-ins.

Because it wals always for stupid bullshit reasons
>WAHHHHHH! I WANT TO LEAVE MY POSITION AS ONLY QUALIFIED MEDICAL OFFICER ON THE SHIP SO I CAN SING FOR AUTISTIC ALIENS!

By the time they were even a couple of years into the mission fem-Ryker would have absolutely slept with at least half the male members of the crew so Picard might have been disgusted.

TEATSORGTFO

Oh wait... blueboard.

Better yet... just GTFO.

Definition of sentient: "able to perceive or feel things."
The Doctor exhibits these traits clearly. It may be artificial intelligence, but it's still intelligence. Your sentience is just the result of electrical signals and chemicals, the only thing separating you and a sentient hologram/android is the origin of your creation.

A goldfish can perceive or feel things, but it doesn't get rights.

>It's an everyone dies from gayness overdose excepting the gayest faggot on the bridge episode.

Wrong, he has a soul which is canon in Star Trek

"Feel" in this context does not refer to the physical sensation of feeling something, it refers to emotion. An expanded definition would be "Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive, or experience subjectively."

And I would argue those are all preprogrammed responses in Voyager's databanks, no different than a Dixon Hill gangster or French alien pool shark.

>the doctor is programmed to be an asshole, disobey orders and put his ship in danger
I doubt it.

did you forget the episode with the guy that created him?

>Poorly programmed holograms should be recognized as Federation citizens

You don't think these arguments out well, do you?

The asshole bit was poor wording, but you get the point.

Except it's quite clear that The Doctor acts on his own accord and is a sentient being.

>B'lanna Torres, Starfleet Academy drop-out attempts to expand the EMH's capabilities in the first season
>EMH almost burns himself out in Season 3 "The Swarm"

He's not sentient/sapient. He's an emergency program running far longer than anticipated, but there's no strike of lightning or blue fairy; He's always been a computer program in a database, and that's all he'll ever be.

Organics sure have a high opinion of themselves. What makes your sentience so "real"? Who are you to say your reactions to things aren't all just predetermined algorithms?

>implying humans can't burn themselves out from overworking

So did the EMH commit murder when he merged with the EMH diagnostic program? What about his rights?

Or are holographic rights only for "special" holograms? What about the Crell Moset consultant? He never committed a single sin, yet was sentenced and summarily executed by the "enlightened" EMH Mark 1.

>criticizing Voyager
it's like shooting fish in a barrel mate
there's no sport in it

They wanted to push race mixing

>Tuvok and the Doctor were easily the best characters on Voyager.

Ultimate truth.

Not all holograms are programmed with artificial intelligence. Just like there would be a difference between a mindless drone building cars in a factory somewhere and an AI robot. So yes, in a sense, holographic rights are only for "special" holograms. Most holograms do not possess sentience and simply respond to pre-programmed input like a modern day chat bot would. The EMH diagnostice program willingly sacrificed himself to save the EMH, nothing about that would violate his rights as a person. I'm not going to say I agree with what The Doctor did to Crell Moset, but it's not like Voyager had any shortage of Starfleet summarily executing people.

10/10 image.

What measurable process makes certain holograms "special?"

Whether they are sentient or not.

EMH was the neatest "accidental" character made in all of Trek.

I highly doubt the initial design of Voyager included the exploration of such a non-trek like sci-fi concept.

An advanced computer program that emerges as a major Artificial Intelligence Entity. In Star Trek universe usually such things are simply footnoted as "not allowed".

He was a better version of machine-to-man than Data ever was(no offense to Data). The fact that his physical projection was nothing but force-fields and light was such an accidentally cool design on top of it.

Ironically the poor writing of Voyager actually gave Doctor the best playground for exploration of the concept of emergent AI

I will not deny the holographic doctor isn't an amazing program being run on the USS Voyager's computer core; I will not deny he isn't an incredible tool and brilliant artificial intelligence.

Data is more important because he's fully contained in a humanoid form, not dependent on the processing power of a multi-story 24th century quantum computer.

Nothing a bit of 29th century technology can't fix