Is atheism a belief system?

>Is atheism a belief system?
>No!
>Do you believe there's no God?
>Yes.
>So it is a belief system.
>No!

Attached: ngr3idv9a4r31.jpg (1024x683, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>my belief is not a belief!

atheism and theism are fucking annoying and especially you downsyndrome little faggots that try to rag on mouthbreathing atheists

Oh, for fuck sake, not this again...

>Do you believe there's no God?
>NO! I lack belief in a God, you fuckwit. I make no assertions.

Fixed. Now go suck off your strawman somewhere else.

This is going to come as a shock to you but atheism has nothing to do with the lack of belief.
An atheist simply refutes the existence if a god.
Doesnt mean they can't believe in things they think is right.

This. Like I believe tits are a gift off...

>atheism has nothing to do with the lack of belief.

Atheism has everything to do with lack of belief. That's literally what it is. My belief in a god is the same as a random user's belief that there is an alien race of invisible dragons that lives at the core of our son.

The assertion is that an atheist does not feel they have any reason to belief in a god. Most sensible people that hold this position will have a reason that boils down to "it's dumb to believe something without evidence or reason".

To not believe is to reject a claim. This is very important to understand.

Theist: "God exists."
Atheist: "I don't believe you."

The, "Do you believe in God?" question is deliberately misleading.

The reason we use the term, "believe" when it comes to religion is that it's a claim we're evaluating.

"I don't believe what [some holy book] says."
"I don't believe your claim that a diety exists."

Saying that someone rejecting your claim must therefore believe the opposite is fallacious.

"It's really hot outside."
"I don't believe you."
"What, so you believe it's really cold outside?"

I am an atheist. I don't "believe" in atheism. I agree with the current presented facts.

Atheism is absence of belief, not belief in absence.

theism is just the lack of belief that we're alone.

No, theism is the assertion that there is a god. The definition of a god varies greatly depending on who you ask, but everybody gives a god specific qualities that elevate it beyond just "something else is out there".

Oh, so atheism is an 'assertion' that there is not a god, but they have no evidence, while holding onto it anyway?

Sounds like a belief to me.

Give me a reason to believe there's a god so that I can change my mind.

>Not believing in bigfoot is a belief system
That's not how it works OP

"I am so focused on denying the existence of God that I don't care about more important issues such as the disgusting behavior of judgmental so-called Christians and climate change"

Attached: kys.jpg (360x261, 13K)

I'm not worried about helping you shift beliefs, I just want you to know what you are and hopefully, find betterment and maybe peace through that truth.

have you never suffered in your whole fucking life? jesus christ don't be so dense

real christians tend to keep their beliefs to themselves unless asked about them

Weird how nobody has any reasons to believe in a god.

This.

Yes, but 'real' doesn't mean 'most'. Most christians will shove their beliefs in your face 24/7

True.
If the bible is to be believed, God does seem to like people suffering...

if you've ever gone through intense suffering, and acknowledge how bad it really is, you would know that the suffering made you want to believe in a god

Course they do. You just deny every reason.

I'll just leave this here...

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish, birds, cattle, and all wild animals, yet--
GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell good from evil, right from wrong.

GE 1:26-27 Man and women were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which, in effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.)

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience as well as with the fact that God allegedly does not change his mind: NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17.)

There are more of those, but 4shit wont let me put all of them, here is the link with all inconsistencies for anyone interested

infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html

>GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light,
>GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

No-one said the light was coming from the Sun.

Then it was coming from where? A star? Oh, wait, they haven't been created yet...
And that's your only response?

Exactly

The light came from God.

couldn't it have just been coming from god himself?

Ah, yes, god is a lightbulb now, he created light, how is it 'coming from him'? Nowhere in the bible says that god or jesus or whatever gives out light

fucking jewish nigger faggot
leave Sup Forums and end it all, but take me with you, i wanna go too

you had me in the first half ngl kek

Attached: Download (8).jpg (1440x1715, 105K)

1 John 1:5-9
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

i dont get it, i'm retarded, sorry

Before the universe, there was only God and nothing else. When all there is is light, light is not. Without darkness, there is no light. When the universe of opposites was created, God, by definition, created the light first because now where was darkness with which to compare it.

He is light, doesn't give out light, different things. 'The sun gives out light but is not made out of fire.'

wasn't expecting the 'take me too'

Suffering makes me want to believe that it is meaningless.

So, darkness existed, but he also created the night and starts... It doesn't add up does it?

I'm the first guy you responded to. Personally I'm agnostic. Belief doesn't work for me and I don't know if there's a God or not. Hell, I don't even know the odds.

If you're made of light, all you give out is by definition light.

baldness is a hairstyle, black is a color and water is a flavor, yeah right retard

Then you explain what light is. Also does that mean you think people in the past were so dumb they didn't realize light comes from the sun? They might not have had the same accumulation of technology, but they were just as smart as us.

Where did it say he created the night? It said created the stars that separate night and day but "night" is just the opposite of "day".

religion is the reason for most wars
-----------------------------------------------
you can't change my mind

You don't choose to be bald. you choose to be an atheist.

Black paint exists.

The flavour of water is it's temperature.

if you think communism is a religion then youre right user!

not even close to the truth

pray for stalin

it is tho

>night
>opposite of day
>day and night a phenomenon surfaceside of any celestial body
>day and night a consequence of creating stars
>day and night a consequence of creating
>implying not creating consequences
>any of this at all

7% of wars throughout history have been because of religion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

That said, as time goes on I'm growing closer and closer to the idea that maybe knowledge isn't necessary and maybe belief is better in these regards. Not sure at this point if my lack of perception of God is an enhancement or a diminishment of my form.

You can have stars without there being a night and day. The night's sky is filled with billions of stars but we don't call it daytime. Day and night only came about when the Sun was created.

OP is such a massive faggot that he can not even figure out that believing in something without evidence, and not believing in that same thing without evidence can not both be belief systems.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 30K)

Attached: oh yeah yeah shoot the mosque.png (457x461, 340K)

Attached: 1553943664183.jpg (391x446, 132K)

here's a logic check:
Ask yourself, "Do I need a belief system for rejecting each thing I don't perceive?"
If you're not some OCD coke-head, that should be a "No."
That said, there are plenty of self-proclaimed atheists that will try to definitively claim "there is no god," but the majority of atheists are more of a default state of mind without the imposition of religion and will only align themselves with "atheism" if forced to.

It was said that God created the stars that separate night and day. This means that night and day exist when there are stars to separate... separate what? What are the stars separating?

Beyond that, you have the fact that night and day begin to exist once the stars do. What was argued, was that God is light. God is light, and light was all that was before God, light, created "a universe of opposites". God, by definition, created the light first, because darkness constituted the universe of opposites. And so, for some reason, day and night weren't also created. Despite all of that.

And your reply to this, is that you can have stars without there being a night and day, because the night sky has stars in it, and we don't call that day. user, do words mean things to you? At all? When ever was the night sky called the day sky, especially when it was full of stars that would've needed to be created before night and day were ever separated? If day and night only came about when the Sun was created, then that's exactly what happened. Day and night only came about when the Sun was created, per your testimony. Whatever asinine tangent you're going on about with the night sky and stars, is just that.

I await your attempt to argue against your own words.

shit
maybe its the modern wars religion is causing the most of
well then...
atheism is the lack of belief
-----------------------------------------------
now you really can't change my mind

>wants a logic check
>anyone who doesn't see things the way I do is an OCD coke-head

If you're aware the perception exists, then yes, you do need a belief system.

just ignore those brainlets they'll shut up eventually

observations aren't beliefs, muh dude
and the OCD coke-head remark was obviously referring to an irrational level of constructing individual beliefs against the imperceptible
if you think that's trying characterize "someone who see things the way I do," you're a bit slow.

So believing there's no Santa is a belief system?

Soo...he was behind of that..?

Attached: 7671570616170677.jpg (1610x1122, 98K)

If you perceive something and I don't, either I'm just missing it somehow or you have some degree of mental anomaly, but neither of us can readily state which unless it devolves into a game of ego. You could no more prove or disprove god than I could prove or disprove phantom limb pain. Both could be real, both could be tricks of the mind, but both are perceived by some but not by others.