Is this the shittest fucking robot ever to feature in a film?

Is this the shittest fucking robot ever to feature in a film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yptoaCKZ0Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cq9IKsH9BXg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off then

yes*

*until the eventual borderlands movie where claptrap gets shoehorned in as main character

god yes

actually that robot was the only good thing about this film

You can tell they wanted him to be funny, but no one was laughing

That one Robin Williams robot
BB8
That leg humping thing from transformers
The gangster transformers

The robot in saved by the bell that fucked Screech.

>Fuckin millennials don't even know...

>Pic from the movie.

He was pretty bad, but I do like his design.

>gangster Transformer
That is probably one of the few thing I remember about those movies.

Did he have a single line that wasn't a quip?

This
Good robot design and literally the only memorable thing about that movie.

i didnt see the movie but i really like the design

Nope, TARS

Yeah, he was basically TARS with the humour setting at 100%.

I've seen this, but didn't know it was a Disney movie.

CLANKED

I don't think I'd even give him that. K2 and the blind guy were so committee-approved it was like you could see their action figures making poses every time they moved. I wondered why I didn't feel a single thing for this character who was supposed to be charming as I left theater. It feels like K2 didn't even interact with anyone. He existed in his own bubble where, in a strangely fitting way, he spouted snark only that sounded like it was generated by a computer.

>Vincent and Bob
>Shittiest
Shame on you, my fellow oldfag.

Just appreciate what we grew up with.

Plus, you seem to have forgotten this guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=yptoaCKZ0Tw

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q

/thread

I win
youtube.com/watch?v=cq9IKsH9BXg

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
PAULIE

Paulie went to his grave only wanting a sports car...

this
C3PO was the shittiest robot o fthe saga along with ballon bot of TFA

>character is popular
>TV naturally hates it

>TV
>not Sup Forums
Holy shit, please go back.

LOL that was my first choice. But was there a Buck Rogers movie?

>CGI robot is the most human and likable character in the film

really makes you think

go back to where you actual fucking idiot...?

Didn't deserve to be part of this movie tbqh

I liked him at first, but he just devolves into unfunny quipmaster 9000

Even my pleb sister disliked him

not even the worst robot in star wars

>underrated kek

Post pics of your sister.

This

>not like quip droid
Better than that homo C3PO

>Sup Forums didn't like this movie or its characters

why do we let you live

You know the movie got shit actors when the robot had the most emotional death.

>Characters

That's a rather grandiose term for a collection of nondescript humans void of any discernible personality traits. Fuck this film.

At least with claptrap he's a piece of shit in universe

Epic win!

His open opeming scene was bad. Don't know why they made him sound so retarded

The blind guy was there to get the Asian demographic, and to satisfy the "technically no Jedi but here's cool melee shit"

I, personally, found him very cool, very cool. Along with the great vistas and the great action, K-2SO™ was what Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™ an 11/10 movie in my opinion.

It felt like the Kotor games where they try to force you to be something other than a jedi for the first half of the game in I, and offer you the chance to be an unarmed guy in a fucking Jedi came in II.

That's not why people come there.

Shittiest robot comin' through
>me on the right

fellow old fuckers!

I guess I should have read the rest of the thread first. Well done Sup Forums making me proud

I believe the TV pilot and second episode were edited together and released in theaters. Same with the original Battlestar Galactica.

Pic related still objectively the coolest robot and the best depiction of what advanced AI would actually look like in cinema.

All others have been equally shit as far as I can remember, Rogue One's SarcasmBot 2000 is no worse than many others.

The only things I didn't like about K2 is that it's CGI and that the eyes moved. I don't think the "quips"were that bad.

Something like a utility version of a Matrix squiddie with many different sized arms for work would be much better.

Humanoid or doglike is idiotic, and that thing is going in the wrong direction. Long hinges driving single-stick, single-axle limbs without so much as a wigglable hip doesn't work well for moving, and sucks even on a perfectly flat surface.

fuck you TARS is GOAT

No. Skid mark and Mud flap, The Coonbots, from transformers are by far the worst robots ever on film

I agree. Who would design a robot like that. Painted shoebox crap.

>shittiest robot
Didn't Interstellar just have a robot made of planks?

>he doesn't like Claptrap
Go fuck yourself.

>without so much as a wiggleable hip
But the movie showed it has tons of joints and moving parts. I think the design is great. It's like its full physical functionality is hidden in plain sight. It's a box because it's supposed to fit into the ship. Makes perfect sense.

That movie scared the shit out of me with its grimdark as fuck atmosphere and fucking MAXIMILIAN!.

The late 70s and early 80s were a total horror show foe me.

Holy fuck, I'd completely forgotten about that utter trash.

I agree about the design but he wasn't memorable because he was good or particularly entertaining, he was memorable because he was the only character who wasn't completely dull. I watched the movie two days ago and the only things I remember are the battle at the end, which was actually pretty well done, and autismbot.

>8 1/2 inches tall

wow, sick reference, bravo

He and Krennic were the only characters remotely interesting or charasmatic.
Everyone one else was generic and melodramatic.
That director is intensely mediocre and his typical approximately 60% rt score movie got a bump from being a part of the Star Wars franchise.

this movie terrified me when i was little

this

clearly not enough diversity. good thing the jews own disney now

>Only character with any charisma and it was a robot
>Only character that really had a heroic sacrifice

I couldn't believe that they gave the only noble sacrifice to the robot. Everyone else died incidentally or in a way that felt completely contrived. Like Baze? The blind guy's buddy? He dies because he just decides to shoot at 6 other stormtroopers that really weren't inhibiting anything as there weren't any other objectives there.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is the most juvenile piece of shit ever made.

It's awful even when compared to all the other Bayformers.

>Obnoxious tagalong character walks out of a public restroom with pants around ankles, telling nearby guards that he ran out of toilet paper
>Brings one of the guards back into the bathroom stall with him, uses a taser on the guard, then tasers himself for no reason

I don't remember what the context/purpose of that scene was, only that it made me cringe.

ever seen "Lost in Space"?

srsly man

if the movie wasn't "Star Wars" it would have been a complete bomb

Just run it over in your mind. Imagine Star Wars had never been released and this was just some sci-fi movie.

ill raise you

They're cyborgs, not robots.

> Bodhi: This is Rogue One
> Space Traffic Control: A star wars story?

Seriously?

Best robot coming through

I can't disagree. TARS (pictured) and his robot kind are designed as highly functional mechanical monoliths with their science-fiction but not far-off fantasy "variable magnetic joints" giving them a huge range of adaptable motions from singular giant wheels to bipeds with arms.

Then from a behavioral aspect it plays up the "chinese room argument" to it's fullest extent. With perfectly mimicked dripping sarcasm, jokes, and independence, TARS is convincingly anthropomorphized despite its incredibly inhuman design. Yet despite all of its personality, it remains as selfless, adjustable and programmed as we would expect any computer to be.

So despite TARS being centuries ahead of our current robotic technology, he's by far the most realistic advanced robot character ever made in film. He's both back to back believable and amazing.

that's not Johnny-5

how can meatbags even compete?

why does Sup Forums keep shitting on everything i like

Short Circuit is pure distilled KINO

>tfw a real woman will never love you this much
a cute, CUUUUUUTE!

He basically was Claptrap.

ITS NOT A ROBOT
ITS CLEARLY A DROID
LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE!!!!!

That movie was kino.

star wars was never good

Right, what has that got to do with the question, you reddit pleb?

>borderlands movie

nobody remembers BL these days, only truly AAA titles like Assassin Creed will get a movie because they released a trillion games for it and every normie remembers Ezio

he's right.

everyone else is just shitting up a pointless thread. including myself.

Donnie Yen was the only good thing about it. Him and the weapon.

HHAHAHA HA PROBABILITY JOKES

>dude magnets lmao
>dude lets fuck up all the electronics on our ship to make a bad 2001 reference lmao

Go to bed Chris

You're literally just parroting RLM. Do any of you faggots ever form original thoughts?

>if the movie wasn't "Star Wars" it would have been a complete bomb
it's a prequel, so no fucking shit. it was never intended to stand on its own, but it serves its purpose fine in context.

Jesus christ I didn't need reminding

>AI would actually look
>AI
>look
please.

True, apart from the crappy ending.

It was like somebody read the literal definition of deus ex machina and thought, "Shit, that's a great idea!"

Johnny 5 is the reason Chuck is electro-hypersensive.

SHINING
METAL
COCK