Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4aI9QfPnj5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>falling for this bait

>Full CGI body instead of hiring a fit actress
>Dumbed down as fuck plot
>Middle finger to the original source
>Literally the opposite conclusion of the original movie
>hundreds of millions of dollars and 30 years later but still looks like shit compared to the orginal source
Pretty much this

>I have shit taste and don't know how to greentext
Unless you can write an essay-formatted post on what makes it a worthwhile film, and disprove it being a heartless cash-cow, then "I loved it" is baseless spew.

crap script

mainly its a
>not as good as the source material

if you dont care about the source material then its a
>bland uninspired hollywood sci fi action flick

Shilling for this movie has been insane.

Its like robocop the remake

original was philosophy about identity and life and they threw it into the easy entertainment grinder.

it was expectable. they wanted $$$ and couldnt risk something daring.

but I thought it was a good effort to start with, a sequel might make the philosophical parts better.

>If you keep paying us maybe, just maybe, we decide to make something passable
That's not how it works

>Sup Forums is worth shilling to
because there are so many tastemakers hanging around these parts, right?

you forgot

>no one even knows the source

Even if you remove the existance of the original source you still have a dumbed down plot with civil war levels of special effects movie

been thinkinĀ“ Neuromancer can be great
just think about
Furries!
a movie supporting transhumanzoology can hit hard on the current socio-geopolitics of nowaday.

and make bank on furries alone.

I laughed at the tank scene, it looked like a direct to dvd movie.

>>((You))

It flopped at the box office. $19m local, $59m international except China and Japan which it has not opened to yet. But I reckon it will flop there too.

I thought the chinese watch EVERY big budget hollywood production nowadays

yeah, except The Great Wall

Soundtrack was feckin shite.
The music was always one of my favorite parts of the original movie and later TV series and movies.

Why is Motoko a jew?

It's fucking bad, I've already posted my thoughts on it elsewhere but the main problem is Scarjo. I just fucking hate her face and tone, literally anyone else would have been better.

im seeing this with a 9/10 so i hope the criticisms are wtong

>Full CGI body instead of hiring a fit actress
She looks fine in BTS. That 1 image that people post to make fun of her is the only one where she doesn't look fit but everywhere else she looks fine.

oink

>potato peels itself.webm

HHHNNNGGGGGGGGG

so does she not have any nipples/vagina/anus?

why is she overed a drink? where does it come out if she doesnt have a bagina?

The Great Wall had only 1 white actor. If you know the Chinese, they prefer more whites and less of themselves (hence why Rogue One didn't do well in China).

Since GitS stars a White European along side Scarjo, it should do a lot better over there.

>$19m local, $59m international
That's pretty impressive for a live adaptation of an anime

Yeah me too.

I liked the special effects and some of the designs and Gits dialogue writes itself at this point.

>take sad, subtle love story between The Major and Kuze in 2nd Gig
>rip everything out and replace it with generic scarjo bitch face and le tortured experiment man
Batou Aramaki, and Togusa were the only enjoyable parts of the movie. If you aren't going to do anything with the philosophy of cyborgs and cyberization beyond "you don't like being a robot" then the least they could have done was make the movie more buddy cop with all the members of Section 9 being way more prominent.

What was with Saito appearing only at the very end so no one who knew the anime would even know who the fuck he is, and the vague ethnic woman who I don't even know if they give a name. It didn't even have any of the cool political stuff from 2nd Gig.

I'd buy that for a dollar

That was the only scene where the CGI wasn't that great otherwise the rest of the movie was really great visually.

Yeah idk why they didn't go back and re-edit the scene Scarjo jumps up on the ledge cos the CGI looked fake there.

Still miles better than anything from Batman V Superman that had painful CGI to look at

I actually wouldn't have minded all the shilling if they advertised literally ANYTHING about the movie aside from Scarjo.
There are some decent things about the movie, but none of it involves her.

Anyone else feel like crying when Scarjo said the name Motoko?

This is the face I see every time I look at her... Never could understand why anyone thought she was hot.

It's among the iconic scenes ripped from the source, so you'd think they'd go the extra mile to make it perfect.

>There are some decent things about the movie, but none of it involves her.
Batou was amazing though

I loved it too user, you're not alone. Screens did not do this movie justice. Scarjo is beautiful as the major.

Don't the Chinese ban anything involving ghosts because MUH ANCESTORS or whatever?

Not that part, but when her mum said it first.
I had feels.

>they prefer more whites and less of themselves (hence why Rogue One didn't do well in China).
E7 had 0 Asians and didn't do well either

It was better than the original GitS movie, but that's not saying much.

Nobody actually thinks anime is 'deep' or 'philosophical,' right?

GitS is coming out on 2nd April in China.

Oh wait it's already out there right?

Deeper than this shit.

Is this on the film?
Tell me it is
youtube.com/watch?v=4aI9QfPnj5I

Just Sup Forumsedditors

Scarjo with that haircut makes my dick fucking diamonds.

That's from the SAC and this movie is more of the anime movies focused with Kuze being the only SAC thing in it. Batou does crack jokes and laugh in some scenes

Of course it's deep, it's like you never watched Oshii

Who is this guy?

Looks like the guy from West World

You can't possibly be serious.

I didn't love it but it was serviceable, good even at times
It was an entertaining action movie that didn't feel it's length, and while Scarlett Johanson was nothing special, the ancillary characters like Batou and the Chief were great and basically carried the movie. A lot of the special effects like the Geishas or Batou's eyes looked surprisingly convincing, as well. My only main problems were that the dialogue was a little simple, to the point that anytime they said the words "Ghost" or "Shell" I felt like rolling my eyes, and that the CGI could be a little wonky, particularly in the finale with the tank.

Oh fuck he is one of the McPoyles from Always Sunny, that's why he looked familiar

what's the best way to experience this plot? the manga, or anime?

Of course I am.

That's how I feel about Emma Watson

>t. someone who has never seen anime beyond DBZ and Death Note but likes to pretend he has to seem cool on the internet

More like the guy from Always Sunny.

Haven't read the manga
Movie is great
Innocence is shit but it looks pretty and has more Batou
SAC is good
SAC 2nd gig is meh but it has good standalone episodes
Solid State Society is basically the first move but with more Togusa

Anime, the manga is good but I doubt many people would really enjoy it nowadays(it's art style is pretty dated), whereas the movie is very self contained and easy to follow and beautiful.

>Batou's eyes looked surprisingly convincing
that was 4 hours of makeup and he could barely see

parts of it are kind of pretentious but GitS is an interesting look at the implications of completely cybernetic bodies

It wasn't that bad of an action movie. If it wasn't a ghost in the shell movie I would probably see it as a little better. But seeing them use the two movies so heavily in the story while also changing it to simplify the source material kind of let me down. Not to mention scarjo felt it made sense to walk around and act robotic. The major is kind of cold, but she doesn't move all weird like she did.

That being said aramaki was fucking awesome in the last part of the film.

Man, I know this is THE worst place to actually take people's opinions seriously, but come on.

Whether its the same as the original animated film or not, the theme here was definitely about identity and what makes someone.

Even if it was a little heavy handed at times, the film states that actions are what defines someone. The Major is then shown constantly taking actions that define who she is.
>Disobeys an order because she wants to save as many as she can
>Takes the brunt of an explosion for Batou
>Hears the villain out instead of being a good soldier and mindless killing the target

Thank fucking god the film had a decent plot, and great character focus without throwing it all away for some fucking explosions.

truth is it could have been so much worse than what we got, I went with low expectations thinking that hollywood would've probably butchered the source material but I was glad to e wrong and felt surprisingly satisfied overall, I even was totally fine with the origins story they gave to the Major

Anime is shallow garbage and throwing in a couple ham-fisted pseudo-intellectual quotes is not a substitute for real thought-provoking content.

>hundreds of millions of dollars and 30 years later but still looks like shit compared to the orginal source
Kill yourself you cant be this stupid

>anime masterpiece
>foreground and background windows are the same size

List 5 thought provoking movies.

number of people who watched the original that have gotten laid: 0

Based on a sample size of 1 you are correct.

Fight Club
Fargo
Drive
Memento
Inception

Waking Life, maybe

>lists reddit movies
why am I not surprised

cannonically major is a major lesbian
movie version is just gender confused

t. /u/

Buncha faggots whining about wanting a quality movie or somethin'.

BRAVO

These were the best words for this pathetic movie.

BRAVO, user

>Adapt it and dumb it down for western audiences
>Force-feed Scarjo as main heroine
>Still flops
Good

This is the best proof of GitS's lack of originality conceptual wise. Literally 70% of innocence's dialogues were direct quotes from philosophical and religious texts. Oshii is just shoving his intellectual dick down every audience's throat and keep asking "My dick is huge, isn't it?" Allow me to be frank, I really felt being raped after finishing Innoence. And the philosophical masturbation of the fanbase is even worse: it's the purest form of secondary victimization.

Fucking awful.

who are you quoting?

started weak and finished stronger. as always Scarlett Johansson was kind of mediocre, but Batou was great

i kind of hope that is makes enough movie overseas to justify a sequel with a less Hollywood/American bend to it, but who knows at this point.

Why do you this it needs sequel?

Or maybe that's just how much bigger the windows in those buildings are, that they look the same size as the closer building's windows.

I thought there was enough potential. Obviously there should be some changes as well.

This, the foreground windows are clearly small apartment sized while the background are huge business skyscrapers.

I didn't think he was very good in the film, just my opinion though.

>She looks fine in BTS.
that is not Fit user, that is fucking pork in the shell.

>no one even knows the source
wrong, my gf that knows shit about anime nor has any relation into weeb culture, saw the cartoon in the 90's on TV and knows it.

She's in fine shape in my opinion. Not once in the film did I think she looked abnormal (of course they probably touched her up a bit).

Regardless I think she is a beautiful jewess.

>watched a director's commentary on this one scene
>rupert says yeah she worked out for this movie look at her back
>she's clearly just pushing her shoulderblades together

The manga is entirely different in terms of tone.
Its basically a pulpy cop show with cyberpunk technobabble crammed in and tons of greasy naked cyber sluts fucking and injecting drugs into their cyber brains.
Also Motoko isn't an emotionless autist like in the movie, she's more like the rest of Shirow's main characters, a female Dirty Harry.

Chinese holding companies are taking a queue from the Chinese government.

I don't recognize the third lady.

Man Arise was such a heap of shit

My question is, in the social justice war surrounding GitS, why hasn't the production company latched onto all the online posts about how Johansson is too fat for the role? Changing the conversation from whitewashing to body shaming seems like the best PR maneuver so they can get that good, guilt-motivated critical praise from the Lena Dunham crowd.