Iron Fist

I'll tell you why Iron Fist is an awful series, and I'm not gonna talk about the acting, the script nor the characters' race like everybody else does.

Iron Fist is an awful series because it's ignorant about everything, they use the word "sensei" while they practice chinese martial arts, not japanese.

The hand ninjas don't use ninjutsu, but kung-fu, and moreover they use guns just like any cheap gansta nigga. It was painful to see Colleen teaching karate while wearing kendo clothes, seeing her carrying a katana while using chinese martial arts. And every student learning chinese philosophies while wearing karate clothes. Using wood dolls in a japanese dojo. I feel sorry for them, it's a disaster.

The series' creators just said "let's put thing that look very CHING CHONG everywhere" and thanks to that, Iron Fist is an awful series. Disrespectful towards both chinese and japanese cultures. It's like seeing a series about americans dressed as mariachis dancing flamenco on the Giza pyramid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjjKqJhBkdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>CHING CHONG
you have to be one lonely fuck

it's bad because it's boring as fuck just like all the other marvel netflix shitshows

You've made a great post, but one point: ninjutsu doesn't really exist. It's a made up martial art.

and ching chong to you!

>implying Americans of Mexican decent can't be mariachis.

I was kinda curious about the reason behind calling everyone sensei.

Colleen Wing's grandfather being Japanese and training her is why her students called her sensei.

Other practitioners were called sifu. This is fake news. You either didn't watch the show or are just making up complaints despite having watched the show.

you shitting on ward bitch?

sensei being used in karate is cringe

I can't believe you wasted time, thought, electricity, AND dubs for this shit show. Find something else to do.

t. great big fat person

The worst sin of Iron Fist, is that the martial arts aren't as good as daredevil.

And that is like his fucking schtick, so not sure how they fucked that up, shoulda spend another month or so on the choreography.

I don't remember if they've done otherwise with the netflix stuff, but the Hand is basically Japanese Hydra in the comics, so the people who say sensei made sense from what I remember in Iron Fist

Japanese culture is mostly bastardized Han culture.

Karate (空手?) (English /kəˈrɑːtiː/; Japanese pronunciation: [kaɽate] ( listen); Okinawan pronunciation: IPA: [kaɽati]) is a martial art developed in the Ryukyu Kingdom. It developed from the indigenous martial arts of Ryukyu Islands (called te (手?), "hand"; tii in Okinawan) under the influence of Chinese martial arts, particularly Fujian White Crane.[1][2] Karate is now predominantly a striking art using punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open-hand techniques such as knife-hands, spear-hands, and palm-heel strikes. Historically, and in some modern styles, grappling, throws, joint locks, restraints, and vital-point strikes are also taught.[3] A karate practitioner is called a karateka (空手家?).

Karate developed on the Ryukyu Islands in what is now Okinawa, Japan. It was brought to the Japanese mainland in the early 20th century during a time of cultural exchanges between the Japanese and the Chinese. It was systematically taught in Japan after the Taishō era.[4] In 1922 the Japanese Ministry of Education invited Gichin Funakoshi to Tokyo to give a karate demonstration. In 1924 Keio University established the first university karate club in mainland Japan and by 1932, major Japanese universities had karate clubs.[5] In this era of escalating Japanese militarism,[6] the name was changed from 唐手 ("Chinese hand" or "Tang hand")[7] to 空手 ("empty hand") – both of which are pronounced karate – to indicate that the Japanese wished to develop the combat form in Japanese style.[8] After World War II, Okinawa became an important United States military site and karate became popular among servicemen stationed there.[9]

>It's like seeing a series about americans dressed as mariachis dancing flamenco on the Giza pyramid.
But... Americans are the only people who actually pulls that kind of shit.

Iron Fist is a mistake so fucking bad, it actually killed my hype for the defenders, because he's like Thor for the first Avengers movie.

It will be about this bullshit Hand which killed the second half of Daredevil season 2.

here's the real iron fist guys

youtube.com/watch?v=qjjKqJhBkdY

>t. 400 lbs virgin who bought a katana off eBay

hurro

They used sensei because the bitch taught japanese martial arts. This was a different version of the hand where they were mostly thugs, definitely not the ninja division in daredevil. The actual retarded part about wing is that she used kenjutsu but is using a wakizashi. Also holding it with one hand and punching at the same time.

Calling a senseiess a "bitch" is not the best way to get others to agree with your post.