Transhumanism

What do you guys think of transhumanism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PPDuie5CIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do any jews support it?

I want on that ride asap

I don't know, I'm just asking a question. I've only been on Pol for about a month now, haven't really learned anything, although I like the Happening threads. I'm really looking to learn more about politics, and different viewpoints.

Literally the only thing that can save humanity from humanity.

drips confirm

A bit culty, but the central ideas aren't bad.
Pretty sure we're not going to reach a singularity in a few decades though, we're probably going to be fighting a Muslim apocalypse.

It is a disgusting thought

people will voluntarily practice it when the time has come.

The only hope for humanity.

A entirely repulsive ideology based around rejecting the human condition and the potential that comes with it for dangerous, unfulfilling, and completely absurd "upgrades".

It is as arrogant as ideologies get, claiming we can master our own humanity and leaping headfirst into uncontrolled, untested procedures to "improve" themselves quick and easy, instead of working for progress and improvement, without thinking once about the uncountable ways it could backfire.

it's the future of humanity
it is also the chains that will utterly bind and strangle humanity.

it's inevitable at this point. the rate of progress doesn't even have to speed up to see it in 15 years.

It seems feasible that over the coming century human nature will be scientifically remodelled. If so, it will be done haphazardly, as an up shot of struggles in the murky realm where big business, organised crime and the hidden parts of government vie for control.
—John Gray, Straw Dogs

I am 100% for it. "Futurism", the future of medical stuff, as well. I am not afraid of death but I figure why not live as long as I can or want to, there is no reason not to.

I am most excited about the possibilitys that stem cells and nano bots can bring to the table, some Harvard guys think we may be able to stop and even reverse aging so get rich now so you can afford it later- some guys are even saying humans will be able to competley alter their appearance by 2070, even to the point of switching biological sexes and reproducing that way. It's all crazy mad shit and I am tots for it if it happens.

No, but I think indians do.

What do you think of Transhumanism?

>your daughter brings home a model TYR-0N3 cyborg for dinner

Filthy Luddite detected

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE

______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

POST THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE TONIGHT

>liberal progressive detected

I am not sure what to think of it, I really do believe it has good points, but I'm unsure how many of its goals could be achieved in a reasonable timeline

28 PAGES SCREENS DUMP!!!

FUCK SAUDIA ARABIA

Shut the fuck up before you spoil everything. It was supposed to be a fucking surprise

(((Transhumanism)))

Technology will complete us. As we unlock the secrets of the brain and create technology to access it, we will have fundamental control over ourselves. We are nothing but biological machines. Every part of our bodies can be replaced. It's only a matter of time.

it could be argued that we've been post-human since we discovered antibiotics. we are the only species we know of that reaches out for the next branch, into the ocean and the stars. it's in our nature to want to improve ourselves endlessly.

more like Trashumanusm

A fairly sound ideology.

We're already delving into the world of replacing psychical capabilities with bionics and robotics, it won't be long before we start upgrading them.

Mental technological interfaces will only be a short span of time after that.

Anyone who disagrees is a luddite and an anti-intellectual.

I'm a musician that's been interviewed by that magazine. It's ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=2PPDuie5CIs

lelerino

Christfags on pol hate it, I think it's a natural step in our evolution. It's either that or we die off on Earth as insignificant pests.

If there was a god I believe he'd want his creation to eventually ascend to godhood. Every parent wants their child to surpass them and reach greater heights.

more like an unnatural step of evolution

>Sock has a hole in it
>Patch it up
>Keeps getting holes
>Keep patching
>Patch until none of the original material is left
>Still the same sock
>Start replacing body parts until we're like T-800s
>Still humans

>Thinking they will allow goyim to have intellectual transplants

Oh fucking wow.

go fuck dirt, Neanderthal.

>1776

Nah american quads do though

Why put a fucking computer in a safe when you can easily use your fucking eyes and hands to do the exact same thing but safer.

Shill

>still the same sock

No, tis a different sock.

Just like every 8 years or so every atom of every Humans body will be replaced. We grow, and become new people, unlike the old, not the same.

It's going to happen in our lifetimes in a big way. Think of the people born around the beginning of WW2 who lived to see current times. But as has been mentioned in this thread, it will be the end of humanity. Not that we'll die. It will be the end of the human condition, which defines us.

Also,

>ship of thespius

This is an ancient question.

Religion for atheist techies afraid of death; also, even if such technology came to fruition, no one posting on Sup Forums would have access to it. Only the most affluent would have privilege. I think is telling that Kurzwelli, the prophet for this ideology, also peddles alkaline water.

They need a better damn logo, that shit looks like an association for the elderly

I was really hoping for a transhumanist world where people could augment themselves. Instead I received transsexuals and traps.