youtube.com/watch?v=R_y4aQ8kSEY
youtube.com/watch?v=OASaJVMg__I
youtube.com/watch?v=8zaQmeRlSXc
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=FRkoz2LsnLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow, 18 guys standing around, doing nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ0byEyeOA
youtube.com/watch?v=18sjlyoKfL8

this is some bullshit like Nostradamus, where you just draw lines after the fact and pretend like they knew what they were doing.

Don't you think their success would be random and not display consistency?
youtube.com/watch?v=0uHFSjHSjfo
youtube.com/results?search_query=soccer analysis

American Football set plays are no more complicated than set plays in World Football

Then World Football has a whole new level of complicated with the Beautiful Game per se

soccer is all about shape and flow, most people only watch the ball so they never see how the shapes move and interact with each other

it's less about "running plays" and more about utilizing the strengths and weaknesses of the teams

if you actually believe this you are an idiot. I don't think you do.

try watching liga MX sometime, their in-game graphics are fucking hilarious. complete with ridiculous stock sound effects

Except for the fact they're executing set piece plays they practice endlessly to make happen against an opposition set on preventing them from doing so.

Once I started watching American Football I realized that it was true. American Football isn't more complicated than set plays in World Football.

Shockingly few people who watch football, let alone foreigners who don't, really appreciate how much goes on during a football game

Better than mls. And at least our players actually know how to play in terms of tactics and formations and not just kick and run with the ball.

>that flag
it checks out

no no, you are clearly trolling. just because they have 2 or three things in common does not make that the case. my guess is you are still trolling or you do not know the plays well enough.

the difference in positions is drastic and static. just because the players are set in the beginning of the play and execute an orchestrated play does not mean the complexity is the same.

there is not confusion what will happen at the "hike". the ball will be kicked. nfl has two very different kinds of attack. after that is determined, then direction matters.
The consequences are entirely different as there are different implications for 3nor 7 points, or if you have 2 or 15 yards to go. if soccer, you are going for the goal. that's it.

im not going to write them all, I'm on a phone. and you try to abstract them away then you will be talking about another game.

that's incorrect. i suspect you don't understand what you're watching.

No, it's correct. There more I watch and read about it, the more I realize Americans were bluffing all long with the supposed complexity of the sport, and it's actually slightly less complex than set plays in football.

Why do burgers say that football is more complex? In handegg from I understand everyone has a specialized position and the objective is pass to a guy who will run to try to score while the rest of the team blocks the opposition

In soccer everyone has a "position" but they are free but usually they try to mark someone. At each point the guy with the ball is a "tom brady" he has to find a play to get past people with a pass or if he is skilled as fuck dribbles past people or makes an insane pass like this dude
youtube.com/watch?v=aBw1Zi6XZ7E

It seems to me the main difference is that coaches in handegg does all the brainwork while in football players have more freedom to show their geniality

>Phoneposter
>That flag
>That opinion
Checks out

football = Real time strategy
am football= Turn based strategy

dude you're wrong. the simple fact that every set-piece has the exact same intended outcome, whereas every football play does not is objective proof that you're incorrect.

Tips fedora

They even artificially limit the complexity. i.e.: most players aren't even allowed to receive a forward pass. It's a lot simpler than what one might imagine.

its jazz vs. symphony orchestra. they are complex in different ways. and while coaches in handegg do a lot of the thinking, there's still plenty for players (at least in some positions) to do as well.

I like both and honestly I don't really think its fair to compare the two. An NFL play is usually executed in 10 or so seconds, after which the line of scrimmage is moved or not. The players then take their positions and do it again. Association Football is a constantly shifting situation.

It's true though. You can see better from this angle:
youtube.com/watch?v=R_y4aQ8kSEY

if soccer was so smart then the world's greatest player (messi) would not be the best. He is a moron who can barely speak his own language, and moves around the field by walking and doing nothing for literally 80% of the game. He doesn't help or do anything, you can look up interviews where players like nesta, rio ferdinand, or joe hart say that he does absolutely nothing a majority of the time and suddenly he's dribbling past someone. The world's greatest player should be filled with tactics and strategy, like in a real sport like our football where you can clearly see great players like Manning and Brady disecting the enemy defense

Excellent summation.

How can a moron do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=OASaJVMg__I

Messi is Brady+Kaepernick together

His doing nothing is strategy, he's so good that they usually put 2 or 3 players on him, so he tries to disappear so they forget about him and give him some space

Also his doing nothing is old as hell, when he was still a forward. Now he's playmaking all the time, but he dropped deeper into the midfield.

I think that americans that aren't used to football focus only on the ball instead of what's happening around the player.

ahhh, it's the messi is a midfielder meme again

Look at his completed passes and his heatmap, he clearly is.

He also has more tackles and interceptions than your golden boy Ronaldo.

and how many national trophies?

oh thats right no bribed refs to give messi back the ball after he gets dispossessed...

How can anyone doubt that Messi is a genius of football? Do you guys lack eyes? Dude does impossible shit that you see NO ONE else doing.

Average football play

1st down: Run it, gain a few yards
If fewer than 10:
2nd down: QB attempts a pass to the
If failed:
3rd down: Run it / QB attempts another pass
If failed:
4th down: Punt / Attempt a field goal

Linemen keep each other at bay. If they don't, the QB is fucked.

Sometimes they try a meme play like pretending to run it, but passing instead.

The most complex sport, ladies and gentlemen.

Give him Burruchaga or Valdano and he would have more trophies than Maradona

Perfect analogy. Everyone knows that real-time strategy requires far more intelligence but for those that can't handle it there is turn-based strategy. It's the same with football.

I used to try do what Messi is doing with the 12 year olds at school when I was 16. I will gather 5 of them and will try to dribble past them all and score a goal. But to do that against proffesional footballers on the biggest stage is crazy. just unbelievable. Messi is genius!

They're just contrarians trying to get a reaction. It's like the people who claim Federer isn't the GOAT.

that's the TVAzteca so called technology, i read somewhere that they just stop paying the licence for real sport infographics technology (or any name that hing has) and start developing his own technology... it looks terrible indeed

I'm sure you'll be catching a lot of Liga MX games live soon enough

CHI

Canadians on Sup Forums have some sort of identity crisis. They talk like they're Americans.

The farther south they are, the less likely they will come here. They simply need to go back

Messi is a good player, but definitely not the GOAT.

How well has Messi performed for Argentina where the players there a little bit more reluctant to play his one-twos and the midfield is not as adept as Barcelona at keeping the ball? Messi is the point of a very sharp spearhead but that spear was wielded by the definitive soccer team of the late 2000's.

WC 2014 was supposed to be THE test in putting to rest the eternal argument of Messi vs Maradona. Argentina struggled in every single match, despite having arguably the easiest road to the final: O.G. Against Bosnia and last-minute goal, last-minute goal against Iran, not decent match they had was against Nigeria. Messi is a product of the Barca system and he struggles outside of it. This is shown by his lack of silverware in international competitions. He used to be the greatest player on the planet, but teams have figured him out. Add in the fact that Neuer had more completed passes than Messi and his constant stubborn refusal to run when the ball is not at his feet not only takes away from his performances but also his status as a professional football team player.

To be completely honest, I think he's not even at the same level as Zidane or Brazilian Ronaldo. CR7 on the other hand is on a whole other level, he's faster than Messi, more explosive, more complete player, better defender, and has better composure on the pitch. Comparing Messi to other GOATs is like comparing Marco Borriello with Ibrahimovic.
I don't know why but UEFA, Platini and FIFA is simply in love with this kid, described as perfect boy with a good soul, while CR7 is portrayed as the arrogant rich swagger, while it's actually the opposite.

cr7 needs a WC to be goat lmao
until then R9 is goat

OL:
>A set of different techniques
>Have to deal with a huge amount of variables that a DL can use against him
>Protection Schemes
>Run and pass types of blocking
>All the different skillsets and body types that OL players can have

And this is for just a set of positions. Now imagine that every position on the field can be as intricate - or more - as this.
There are too many variables at play in an American football game compared to a soccer match.
Maddenbabies think that the game is only about zone/man coverage

What would soccer be like if all the players had headsets and the manager could talk to all of them at once/individually one at a time to give instructions. Would that be a very large advantage? Would the game move faster, slower?

i think it would be a clusterfuck and would reduce the lifespan of the average coach by like 5 years but it would be fun.

They don't have that but our managers are always yelling instructions like crazy to players

youtube.com/watch?v=8zaQmeRlSXc

putting a headset on messi would do nothing, he wouldn't even listen and would just keep playing his world class autistico style

well that's all true and I didn't mean to claim otherwise, but it doesn't change the fact that the in-game analysis stuff is absolutely ridiculous

Your argument falls apart the moment you realize Messi was just an Higuain / Palacio not choking moment from winning the WC

Or when he wins in 2018

>better defender
Messi has more interceptions and tackles, sorry bro, you're just delusional because he has big muscles

All that proves is Barcelona is a better team that Argentina, which no-one denies. The fact that Messi has taken Argentina so far in tournaments despite having shitty managers like Maradona shows how good he is.

Also you can't claim Messi is not the GOAT because he has no world cup then claim that Ronaldo is. Ronaldo has only managed to win Euro 2016, which was considered the worst Euro for a long time considering how Portugal finished third in the group stage and only managed to win 1 (one) game in 90 minutes for the entire tournament. And Ronaldo was injured for most of the final anyway. His Euro is as worthless as Messi's Olympic Gold.

>Have to deal with a huge amount of variables that a DL can use against him
It's a pain in the ass plus you are immediately at fault for messing up once but don't recognize you for all the good blocks you get

I'm inevitably going to catch flak for this, but if you want a lesson in how football works, watch the Bellichick Patriots. It's really amazing how well he does it

Aaah, this meme again.

Give Maradona Higuaín/Agüero and he would've won 1 more WC and 3 SA

But Argentina always have world class players

*has

Higuain would have missed against Germany, and we wouldn't have 1986 WC

>be Higuain
>be world class
>miss a sitter against Germany
>miss a sitter against Chile
>miss an open net against Chile

>be Burruchaga
>get one chance against Germany
>score, 3-2, world champion

Horrible comparison for gridiron football. Saying turn based implies that every use of one play turns out the same when that couldn't be further from the truth. There is definitely real time strategy on the gridiron.

Unironically this desu. I suspect that he purposely did it to prevent Messi from surpassing Statpadnaldo

>be Burruchaga
>get one chance against Germany
>score, 3-2, world champion
>no one remembers you
>maradona goat lul

really makes u think huh? higuain did himself a service.

This may be the best post I have ever seen from an Australian, well done.

He's loved in Argentina and a hero. The world doesn't remember him because Maradona was the better player the whole tournament.

oh look another argentine fag with a messi fetish

higuain was not even born in argentina, doubt he cares

>wing back gets forward
INCREDIBLE

>4-4-2 is outdated and dead

What's the Combat Mission of sports then?

>barca uses 4-4-2 against alaves
>that means it's still pretty good

I like claiming soccer is better than football but theres no argument about complexity. Soccer formations mean literally nothing, gameplay is just pass the ball and score

do you seriously not understand that graphic?
it was genuinely made for mongoloids like the amerimutts to understand formations.

AzTech is good because it's satire. I love when it comes up and there are those nonsense beeping and sounds. It's one of the many beauties of Viernes Botanero if you ask me.

Yes they are if you have players like Drogba or peak Torres

Shut the fuck up you idiotic fat poster.
Just because you can't see what it takes in training to make those plays doesn't mean they aren't hard as fuck to pull off.
This isn't your fat sport where things are very very less dynamic.

Luckily some clubs allow footage of what it takes to make simple plays of finding space and release the ball in conditions to make a decent attack out of a dangerous situation.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=FRkoz2LsnLs

Now, fuck off.

in a thread that promises shitposting from the beginning, an Aussie makes a good post

What a time to be alive

>tf
>tp

I've seen this exact post on leddit desu

These are professionals, there's millions on the line (getting a CL-spot etc.). But according to you the managers and staff don't try to maximize their chance of success, they just tell the players to do random shit? That seems very irresponsible

>recognizing posts from reddit

They've been using it the entire season. They got Dembele to stick with 4-3-3 but he died. They replaced him with Deulofeu in the beginning of the season and realized he is bad. Then Valverde switched to 4-4-2 and hasn't looked back.