The film lacks any sort of charm and the characters are faux deep Hollywood templates who's one stern browed emotion is...

The film lacks any sort of charm and the characters are faux deep Hollywood templates who's one stern browed emotion is tiresome after ten minutes. The concept is so highly flawed to the point where the suspense of disbelief is no longer suspended.

The visuals are good but not exceptional, the story is a new idea but that shouldn't be mistaken for good.

Really, why is this film so highly rated?

I think the biggest reason is that it came off the heels of The Dark Knight, Nolan had a lot of new fans ready up to gobble up whatever he shit out.

Your only real argument there is "the characters are faux deep Hollywood templates".

its 7 years old by now. Many of its ideas have been reused by now and you think its "cliche" but its actually the reason for the cliches you dumb fuck.

Im sure you were barely 10 when it came out and with that said ... you have to be over 18 to post here

>The visuals are good

well since the budget is 200 gorillion, it better be good

>the story is a new idea

BWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

It's a fun movie.

>Really, why is this film so highly rated?
most people are stupid and easily pleased. nolan's career is built on that

nobody cares about your chinese cartoons

Implying anyone in the movie business (i.e. Adults) has time to watch your juvenile permavirgin japanese cartoons. To even think that they would rip an idea off this displays how delusional anime watchers are.
At least real children don't think blockbuster movies copy plots from their Saturday morning cartoons.

That's barely a resemblance

This. Nolan's formula goes:

Babby tier sci-fi concept + total seriousness + plotholes + "inspiring" dialogue + Hans Zimmer = critical acclaim

It's "deep", dumb people LOVE movies that are "deep". Actually deep movies are hard to understand, dumbies hate those, but "deep"flicks like this appeal to the dumb-dumb demographic because they're simple to understand but because they're "deep", the dumb people who "get" them feel super smart about themselves.

>Chris, the script is dogshit we need more ti-
>fuck off

See I disagree with your implication, Nolan himself is not a purveyor of prolefeed like Michael Bay or Hack Snyder, Nolan really and honestly tries to make interesting movies, he just lacks the intelligence to get convincing results.

>characters are faux deep Hollywood templates
film is shit, but not because of that. that was the point you autist. Inception is "dude dreams are kinda like movies lmao: the movie", and team that does inceptions mimics team that makes movies, they have director, scenographer, screenplay people and so on, so it makes perfect sense to make them stereotypical hollywood types. god people in this board are stupid

Atleast Bay knows he's making shit for teenagers

I still really like the film

People talk about it being a deep psychological thriller and talk about the dreams etc bla-bla-bla

But it never forgets its a heist movie, with an ensemble cast, and a main heroic character who's dealing with a personal flaw. Simple cinema, cinematic visuals, well executed.

I always contrast it to Prometheus when this topic comes up. That's a film that has high concepts, huge effort paid to the visuals, a great cast... it forgets its a monster movie where the crew get picked off one-by-one. Disappears up its own arse, story gets confused

Consequently it falls over itself and fall apart

and Nolan makes movies for popcorn audience adults that want to be tricked into thinking that they watched intelligent art when they in fact watched easy to understand blockbuster.
he even made a movie about that and how he makes movies, Prestige.

>great cast

and shit characters. Where Prometheus utterly fails is character motivation.

Exactly. Bay is honest in his awfulness.

Have you even seen it?

Calling Paprika a Saturday morning cartoon is like calling Gary Oldman wooden and emotionless.

(Not that guy) dont watch anime shit but you're deluded if you think that a lot of what are considered god-tier films and storylines have been thought up originally and not heavily influenced or copied from those funny little chinese cartoons. Stop being a almighty faggot and give credit where due.

kek

>looking for muh depth
>formulaic heist movie

I think I know what your problem is...

>7 years is a long time and everything that was new then seems old now
You're the one that seem to be underqge or just dumb as fuck. That argument might work for stuff from the 80s or earlier

it's pretty much basic bitch the movie. Plus set the precedent for shitty trailer and cinematography.

Post the one with duck tales.

For me the thing that I noticed and yook me away was the blatant in your face exposition. Every new character when introduced just had to fucking hold my hand and baby talk me about the story.

I wish people's minds were more psychedelic than ordinary buildings.