Hey /b what happened to horror? Why do horror movies bar 1 or 2 suck major ass?

Hey /b what happened to horror? Why do horror movies bar 1 or 2 suck major ass?

Attached: 3e6b058a6fd095d0e84256e5767b0e0f.png (350x516, 373K)

They're all shitty, I don't think a decent one has been made since the 80's, and even those were bad honestly. The trick is somehow switching off your brain so that you forget its the fakest shit you've ever seen.

In theaters check out The Lighthouse

If you don't mind subtitles check out I Saw The Devil

Plus Ari Asters stuff like Hereditary and Midsommar were pretty good.

Hereditary
The Witch
The Babadook
Midsommar
The Descent
Martyrs
Shutter 2003
Ringu
The Blair Witch Project

Just to name a few

Well, I meant in my opinion, if you like those, enjoy.. I personally don't.

all but 2 are generic garbage, the two that aren't basically created subgenres and have been done to death since.

What's some of your favorite horror?

What's your definition of a good horror movie? I personally like the ones I can laugh at, but those aren't for everyone

Its more like modern cinematography has little brain power to develop something even mildly unsettling. It is a shame as the sensorial experience a movie can offer enhances the genres purpose.

I used to like shit like Hellraiser, but these days I get bored with that, I want to like sci-fi style horror, but it usually has a shitty feel to it as well, like Cloverfield paradox.. it was almost cool, but just seemed to miss something. Event Horizon is kind of fun to watch sometimes, but you have to be in the mood for it.

>forgetting that the shining exists

>Cloverfield paradox
sucked until the last 30 seconds they shoehorned in to make it relevant to the name

It was better than that one with John Goodman in it, but yeah, it was far from ideal.

Ever seen a movie called The Void? It's a few years old, about extra dimensional evil being used and crazy monsters and shit. The less you know the better with that one really.

boring but pretty movie.
Haunting of Hill House was damn good, imho.
It Follows, REC (not the shitty remake), and Lake Mungo are all pretty good.

Everybody go watch Devil's Rejects. 10/10 movie.

Is that the one that takes place in a hospital? I think I watched it a couple of years ago, I can't really remember how I felt about it though.

Dunno if you're aware, OP, but Uzumaki is supposed to be getting a short series. I think it's coming on Adult Swim

Read a book, child.

What’s your favorite Ito story?
Uzumaki was cool. I personally found Gyo the most disgusting. Just disgusting to read, not even scary

What was the one with the beached leviathan with human bodies in it? That one was fantastic

should've started the movie like 15 minute before the end, all the ooh scary cult stuff did was pull a knife and some demon you see for all of 5 minutes

Found it! It was called "The Thing That Drifted Ashore"
It's one thing to be frightened, it's another thing entirely to be unsettled.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (880x1262, 266K)

shame the uzumaki movie came out so early in the manga run.

top model is pretty good, the ito collection anime wasn't all bad either. gyo movie was insane

Holy shit rly???

Just finished uzumaki. There is some low key Lovecraft vibe going on.

He is turning phobias into nightmares. It takes a lot of skill to pull some of these panels off,both in understanding terror or repulsion as well as his frenetic pencil work.

Attached: 22f4dfe977cd31daa2cd9c04ad550c20.jpg (728x1070, 206K)

Not to be confused with the tomie model chapter though lol. Ye I remember that huge girl with the shark teeth. Creepy
Agree. Ive read the story on my phone which takes away a lot imo