DCEU General

No Marvel. Make your own thread for that comparison dick measuring shit

I really hope that all this "course correction" bullshit doesn't interfere with Zack making the next great capekino.

I don't mind shit being a little more light hearted. But I want the boundary pushing. I want to see Batman all fucked up after having killed people. I want to see the world struggling with heroes.

And I hope Gotham is full on comic book.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDZKPzEnZ-4
youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
m.imgur.com/a/3Lb3d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No R-rated Red Hood movie directed by the John Wick directors

True suffering.

>And I hope Gotham is full on comic book.

Assuming this bit with Batman standing on a statue of the grim reaper is in Gotham then I'd say we're in good hands.

I want to see Lex go completely insane

I want Superman to go full sci fi again the Krypton bits of MoS were amazing

Yet.

Let Nightwing and Batgirl do well. Everyone is already sizing up R-rated comic movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=cDZKPzEnZ-4

forgot the link

You have a storyline in mind?

I suppose there's always Kandor

what course correction?

what if they meant course correction after the suicide squad disaster

I'VE

BECOME SO NUMB

Will Justice League mention the effects of the nuke fallout used to kill Doomsday and Superman have on Earth?

It was the buzz. Probably just press spin, but they acted like they were listening. Pretending that JL is going to be more hopeful in response to the critics.

Instead of it being how it was always supposed to be a la Terrio

A proper Brainiac as the villain for starters

>Batgirl before based Red Hood

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think this is it lads, the moment when no amount of Disney or Marvel bribes to reviewers can hold back Zack 'leave capekino to me' Snyder.

This is the big one. Day one 9/10 certified fresh 99% RT rating.

Batgirl was popular long before Jason "I'll piss off the fans until they vote to kill me" Todd

Any word on what role ARGUS will play moving ahead?

I hope they cast a hot one for Barbara.

I don't want to sound like Sup Forums, but please, I would appreciate it if they go racially faithful to the source material for the casting.

That shit looks amazing.

No telling. But I need more Amanda Waller.

I am really hoping KGBeast survived and gets put into Suicide Squad

Batman glistening as he stands on a statue of Death in a lightning storm, dick pointing straight into the lens. It's 110% SNYDER.

One nuke on the edge of space wouldn't have much effect on the ground. Fallout is irradiated dust kicked up by the nuke, so no dust = no fallout.

If this version of Batman is ok with killing people then that kind of defeats the purpose of Red Hood

Didn't Batman decide to stop killing by the end of BvS?

Ooooh, burn-scarred KGBeast would make a great addition. To be honest, I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see him and Bats square off, but that could legitimately happen via the Squad.

Related note: do you guys think we'll find out that Lex was somehow in league with Waller or are they just two separate visionaries seizing the moment?

You have 10 seconds.

Cast Power Girl.

Oh, dont mind me

He isn't.

Alfred talks about "new rules." The movie goes into it with how much the destruction of Metropolis fucked him up.

It'll be better when Red Hood realizes Batman would lose his shit and kill people because Superman sent him over the edge, but not when the Joker beat him to death

It'll also be poignant when Batman talks about what effect killing has on you

Mammario.

Maybe he'll come back as Firefly

Big boobs alone dont make power girl fool

>hurr more edge
snyder's movies are shit faggot. This is why said course correction is needed. Superman isn't supposed to be dark.

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM

why do they use such generic music? Fucking awful

I think they're separate.

I imagine Lex worked with the government in compiling his info on the League. But Waller had more.

And they had different end goals

Is there ever a story where Waller gets leverage/control over someone like the Flash? He was on her wish list

Hey guys, remember when Superman contemplated whether or not to help humanity even though Zod out front said he was gonna make Earth suffer consequences. What a fucking idiot lol.

I don't like the direction of the new movies. Strays too far from what made BvS and MoS great.

But Power Girl is identified by her titties.

She's Superman with big tittays.

remember when supermans mom told him he doesn't owe the world anything? Real good values she instilled in her son. Pure edge

Superman isn't "dark." Superheroes with consequences isn't dark. He's not raping people or tearing hearts out. He's dealing with the fallout of his actions

That's not dark. Just makes the world more relatable

If you want dark, check out the comic where Superman subdues Zod and then decides to execute him.

Depending on how much of the prequel comics remains canon, there already *is* a Firefly.

m.imgur.com/a/3Lb3d

I feel like it's a lot of marketing shit to attract the blockbuster crowd.

We haven't seen any of the meat of it.

I heard there might be a Braniac in Superman's direct sequel *and* a flashback to Zod and Faora fighting him off.

Also, I hope like hell that Krypton TV show is still happening.

Remember when he was given 24 hours to decide? Remember when what he was deciding was whether to let the government make the choice or just fuck off and turn himself over to Zod?

Remember when idiots decided that heroes owe us heroism instead of it being a choice they make every time they go to bat for us?

Yeah after he'd already saved the literal planet from Zod and saved thousands of others from shipwrecks, floods, fires etc. throughout his life.

She was just taking the pressure off him, reminding him that he didn't truly have a duty to others, that they weren't entitled to his help. That he should only be Superman if he wants to, and Clark knows that he wants to save people as long as there's still some good in the world, so he doesn't quit.

Heroes owe us heroism? When the hell did the movie say that?

Also is the "idiot" you're talking about John Stuart Mill or Edmund Burke?

as opposed to the figurative planet?

I like Ma Kent. They don't try to make her this perfect voice of wisdom. She's just a woman who wants her son to lead a happy life.

Good post

>Zod and Faora fighting him off.

Oh god i want this so much

>Remember when he was given 24 hours to decide? Remember when what he was deciding was whether to let the government make the choice or just fuck off and turn himself over to Zod?

Are you retarded? There's literally one answer here. Go out there give yourself up. Zod isn't going to be stopped. He does nothing and everyone dies.

>Remember when idiots decided that heroes owe us heroism instead of it being a choice they make every time they go to bat for us?

Hurr durr I destroyed public property multiple times but I don't owe humanity shit.

>so he doesn't quit.

Is that why he flies off to the mountains?

>you can save hundreds of people daily with your powers and it takes the effort of barely lifting a finger.
>but just do it if you want to. Heh fuck em.
I don't know what shithole part of the world you live in but that isn't small town American values

>That he should only be Superman if he wants to

That's what's so great about BvS. He decides he does want to. The world tries to push him away and he decides that it doesn't matter.

>Also is the "idiot" you're talking about John Stuart Mill or Edmund Burke?

The idiots I'm talking about are the ones who can't infer the meaning of "be all of those things or none of it," implying that the life he chooses to lead is no one's choice but his own. If he chooses heroism, it's his own decision. He's under no more obligation to take that role for humanity than the rest of us are to all become public servants, policemen, or EMTs.

If you watch the rest of the movie, he comes back from the mountains of his own volition and saves the world.

Why does DC movies suck?

That's a retarded argument. Of course it's his responsibility. What kind of fucked reality do Snyder and Snyder Superman fans live in? If you have the ability to help someone but you don't because you don't want to what kind of person are you?

Ah I got you. I misunderstood your earlier post.

It would be so great to see Zod in his role as an actual protector of Krypton.

unless of course you're practically indestructible and there's very little risk to you due to your godlike powers. Unlike the risk that pubilc servants, policemen and emts actually have.

But he quit didn't he? Nothing is stopping him from doing it again.

So do you defer to the power of the tallest man to rescue all the kittens stuck in trees?

They really should have started this universe slowly with baby steps instead of trying to play catch-up.

After MoS, the following year should've been Batman and the year after that, Wonder Woman. After that, The Trinity movie in 2016 instead of BvS.

From then on, Flash movie and Aquaman movie in 2017 followed by Cyborg movie and Green Lantern movie in 2018. Close off the phase 1 with Justice League in 2019.

It could have gone like that, but no, they decided to rush it. What a shame.

the edgiest reality

nice non argument. And no you defer to firefighters with truck ladders.

No. He didn't. He went off into the mountains. Thought about it, and came back. In costume. Saving lives.

And he put his own life on the
Iine twice with the nuke and then Doomsday himself.

You'd have a point if there wasn't the rest of the movie to give it context

How many starving people did you feed today? Could you have? Then by your logic, you have failed your fellow man.

Interestingly, there's a clipping on Wally's cork board about Superman doing that very thing. It serves to illustrate that 1) he really is just that caring, and 2) he hasn't quite figured his role out yet. If he had, someone else would have already been inspired by his example and looking out for his neighbors.

No, instead, they're all still waiting on the man in the sky to come save them.

These threads make me aware of not only how poorly some people understand these characters, but how poorly they understand the spirit of heroism in general.

Yeah, cause he TOTALLY sacrificed himself because he loved humanity. What are his relationships again? Oh yeah, Martha, Lois......................

Arguably a Batman movie would've made BvS better. Given better context

But this one by one thing is stupid. It's not the only way to do it. I kind of like that a lot of the universe is already there.

Flash might not time travel until his solo. Or beyond. But we already see that it affects the universe before we even meet Flash

I always get annoyed when shows or movies introduce something new and are like "this has been here the whole time!"

And I think, "no because it hadn't had any impact on the world til now"

"This is my world."

And he went down swinging for it.

Perry. His father. Pete Ross. All the people at his funeral.

Not only that, I'm willing to bet they won't let Barry time-travel on his own steam. The tighter the leash they keep on that, the better.

What's more, I think we already saw what it is he needs to do it.

Did you get it? The rock?

Father is dead. Perry is his boss who shows no emotional connection with Kent. Funeral people?
This getting sad.

Father Leone, too, for that matter.

Fuck RT. I don't care if it gets 10% or 100%. Critics are the enemy of cinema.

I just said This is my World.

I am ready to sacrifice myself for humanity.

Seriously, does showing not telling mean anything to Snyder fans?

People say they want to be "shown, not told" but then think the dream sequences are unnecessary.

If you could have Snyder direct a non-Batman DC property what would it be and who should he cast?

Why does Batman respond "I'm rich" when asked what his superpower is?

Yes, it's a bit funny (although they ruined the joke in the first trailer). But what if he said "I'm Batman"?

That's both funny AND badass

Now you can't tell the difference between unnecessary filler and story points that are actually necessary. Snyder fans never fail to surprise.

Does Flashpoint count as non Batman?

I've come to understand that Superman lives in the eye of the storm. There are people in the world who see him as an exclusively American symbol and will irrationally hate the character based on nothing more than that, whereas others look at him and see an ideal for all mankind to strive toward.

Hate keeps a lot of folks out of the sun.

>unecessary filler

Proves my point.

>How many starving people did you feed today? Could you have? Then by your logic, you have failed your fellow man.

At any point did you realize we don't have superpowers? Seriously the retardation with Snyder fans is fucking incredible.

And if you think those scenes were "filler," you should find a franchise that's more your speed.

You need powers to feed a homeless family?

I'm so glad we got a visionary like Snyder to lead the DCEU. MCU has Kevin Feige who is a talentless cuck while we have a great director to pave the way forward. BvS was a silent revolution. People will learn in time.

No, he's still under no obligation even with all those powers. Snyder is an individualist.

No.

No, but the point being is we don't have any superpowers and we can help and make a difference, but someone with superpowers decides meh not my problem and doesn't do anything so that's kinda stupid.

Ah my last post was shitty.

Story encapsulates a lot of things. Plot, characters and relationships.

BvS deals with a new Batman (to the audience) under unusual circumstances (i.e. losing his mind and plotting to kill Superman).

Now obviously you can't just go "eh the audience know Batman, they'll figure it out."

So they have to show you what's going on. Now they have things like his talk with Alfred (classic Batman characterization device). But Snyder uses the dreams to show you exactly what is going on in Batman's head

So they're very necessary

You don't need superpowers to make a difference, user. Ask anyone who volunteers on a weekend instead of jerking off on a Malaysian theater board

Exactly my point. And Superman is given a gift, and he's contemplating to squander it??? You use it for the good of mankind. Seriously, even the Raimi Spiderman movies had this message.

>You don't need superpowers to make a difference

And I honestly think that's where all of this is headed. Is anyone else here familiar with the old comics miniseries "Legends?"

>No Marvel. Make your own thread for that comparison dick measuring shit
Thia thread will still have the same three Marvel Pakis desperately try to reach for plot holes and then fail and still reach for more plot holes in a neverending cycle. They are here.

He has an inborn need to use it. And the world constantly gives him shit for it. Discourages him. Acts like him saving lives is a crime.

Anybody would have a little doubt.

That's the -man part in Superman.

But he sets that aside. Rises above his doubts. That's far more inspirational

No, they didn't. They had "With great power comes great responsibility," which sounds nice until you start breaking it down.