/lbg/- Letterboxd General

Ed Wood edition.

Previous threads:

>Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>QotT
Has Ed Wood made anything worthwhile?

>News
Recent threads have died before reaching bump limit, again.

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/manwithonearm/
houseoffreudstein.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/hampstead-smiles-on-a-murderer-my-breakfast-with-joe-damato/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone here think lb users ate Get Out too highly?

Bruce Melvin get fucked you bitch

Yes. It's just a movie, no more, no less. Nothing particularly special about it, other than being well-made, for what it is. It's undeniably entertaining, but nothing more than that.

Are the wishmaster films any good

I have Plan 9 sitting on my movie queue for ages. Really should pop a pot pill and give it a watch.

letterboxd.com/thepartyoftea/

I haven't seen Plan 9, but Glen or Glenda? is legit great.

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

wahoo
glad you liked the doc

wow you are desperate for other people's attention bud

>his thread archived after 19 replies
HAHAHAHAH. Get back into your cage, you ape.

Got to stop watching bad 80s movies for nostalgia purposes.

~scissor door auto open to dope ass car with emley jean inside, i stemp in & vanish, leaving every1 transfixt lovvem respectem me me me not u!~

are beards actually good for anything besides collecting food

a beard can be very cool if you can pull it off

You may only post in this thread if you logged more than 2000 films.

Not so fast Smoothhands!!!!

You're not the lbgcop. I'm not sure why you think you are.

Reminder that there are anons browsing this thread RIGHT NOW who haven't read pic related. sm.h tbqhwyf

wow i should to tally read that book this instant!

Good user.

better yet: there are people browsing who don't even know Bordwell & Thompson.

why read books abut movies when u can watch movies???

why read books about anything, right? RIGHT?

go aawayy u have the worst account

t. philistine

>people react to this post, but not the idiotic post it was responding to

who's the philistine now?

I don't get it.

is that pic Smoothhands

film truly is a shit artform

Provide well-reasoned arguments backed up by peer-reviewed academic sources or I'm not giving your statement a second thought.

their Film History book is great, too

and why are academic film books so comfy?

Are Top 100 lists still a thing?

yes

no

mayby

depends

I used to like this one. Not sure about the value that endorsement at the bottom, though.

>flicks
That's not kino

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

>Mon Oncle
MY FUCKING NIGGER

Jim Jarmusch or "Beat" Takeshi Kitano?

what type of comparison is this

>non finnish people cant experience this finnkino

Where do I start with Tsai Ming-liang's filmography? Is Stray Dogs a good starting point?

its funny because he drank a big ol cup of cat semen

the humour derives from how relatable it is

Just pick one, faggot

Liz got dat azz

It's the only one I've seen and I loved it. I don't think it's a bad start, it's not like you need a huge background to get it. At least not for me. If you like Slow/Contemplative Cinema, it's a must watch.

hello loz, how r u?

letterboxd.com/manwithonearm/

>DETOUR
MY NIGGER

Pretty good actually. Havent really posted here for a while

Meant for

houseoffreudstein.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/hampstead-smiles-on-a-murderer-my-breakfast-with-joe-damato/

It is Joe D'Amato week of the cult movie challenge and to celebrate I would recommend reading the above interview, it's a really nice reflection of his career

good article

Good reviews. Pic related is how to use the diary function.

Detour sucks

Chronologically. His earlier films aren't as contemplative.

The Hole

He made that? Had no idea.

Wrong one dumbass

Man, Thora Birch was a fine piece of ass back then.

Birch > Knightley

~scissor door auto open to dope ass car with emley jean inside, i stemp in & vanish, leaving every1 transfixt lovvem respectem me me me not u!~

You already posted this. What is the point of posting it twice? It's not that great.

emley jean on ma arm so in2 me luvven me-me-me more than u!

ima say this once, and once only, because if you read through my posts i have gone out of my way to be polite, to show you kindness, and to disclose my intentions--of which you have not responded at all.

let me make it very clear: not one of you--so full of anger and insecurity--could ever, ever compete with me on an intellectual level. while i have not watched anything close to the entirety cinema, i have watched an incredible amount; i can speak intelligently across auteurs and movements; and i have plenty of worthwhile opinions, some controversial and some sanctioned. but you don't care about this. all you do is hurl ad hominems; you ask nothing about my interests, you ask nothing that would demonstrate your knowledge or challenge mine, and you don't respond when i do try to engage in any meaningful way.

you all are truly flawed human beings. until you start acting like adults, i will ignore you, and continue offering what i have to those worth speaking to.

you embarrass yourselves with your gross stupidity and lack of basic human decency.

and i know: this post will receive nothing but the same kind of belligerence. i'm not going to be surprised--but just know that, the more you post as you have, the less anyone in this world will respect you or take you seriously.

engage me on an intellectual registrar or not at all. these principles should be obvious to you; but they are not, and reaching you seems impossible. therefore, i will give up before i succumb to the same type of anger.

actually this post is wrong
I'm smarter

dude Intolerance is the first Art Filmâ„¢ lmao

>minces

> accident prone porko puppo getting into accidents
> he's crazy haha he always rolls down the stairs
> the sound he makes running into a wall is the same sound you make when you smack your tummy
> haha what a mad dog haha crazy dogman
> feel bad when he gets into a major accident involving jumping onto the sofa and getting stuck in the avalanche of sofa cushions
> almost lost him for good
> got to save this little dogman for good
> for the greater good i save his life by wrapping him in an impenetrable fortress of bubble wrap and masking tape
> he's so safe forever that when he runs into the door now he just gently pops a bubble and has fun every time
> thank you god i am blessed

Mmmm

What the hell is wrong with you?

wanna fuque dat dogse asze

That scared, huh?

what are you watching tonight

u