What do you think the best movie of 2017 will be and why is it Logan?

What do you think the best movie of 2017 will be and why is it Logan?

Because it has a cute girl in it

why do people overhype capeshit so much

watched this flick and nothing was special about it

>movie tries to come across like Unforgiven, reflecting on what killing and death do to you as well as an old soldier having one last go at it

>uses extreme violence while begrudging extreme violence

I really enjoyed watching it but there were significant thematic issues that most overlook because we finally got R rated Wolverine.

Logan came out in 2015, user

2014*
my apologies

>Logan came out in 2015, user
ive seen in as an aftermovie of RotK, so it has to be at least 15 years old

>reflecting on what killing and death do to you

literally not a theme of the movie. amazing how stupid people on Sup Forums are that they can't even understand a capeshit flick

Welcome to Sup Forums.

>>uses extreme violence while begrudging extreme violence
So are you saying that it failed at comparing itself to Unforgiven? Because by this it sounds like you're saying it succeeded

I genuinely think you're retarded if you don't see that in the film

It sort of glorifies the extreme violence, not in a stylized way, but because it's a superhero movie they amped it up for some violence eyecandy. This wasn't in line with the way Logan, Xavier, and Logan was trying to teach x-23 about violence and its effects.

Whereas the violence in Unforgiven was continuously unglamorous and realistic, sitting in line with the theme of the film.

that's what I meant user

It's not technically a movie, and not technically from 2017, but fuck it, The Young Pope is MOTY anyway.

The film wasn't about "killing bad," it was just a story about an old Logan and a senile Xavier. The movie is depressing but not in a cheap "dere peepul 2" way.

if this is somehow the best movie of 2017 (but it's not, cuz it's not Silence) then we have reached a plateau in the industry.

a cure for wellness was better than logan.

it's not about "killing bad' as you so eloquently put it, rather it tries to take on similar themes from Unforgiven. In your vernacular it's more "killing weighs on you permanently" rather than "killing bad"

Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis have a movie coming out in December, we're not dead yet. I think it's his year for the Oscar

That movie came out in 2016, user.

sure there is a throwaway line about how all this violence might be impacting x-23 but it isnt a fucking theme of the movie. its just a throwaway line by the writers because they kind of have to acknowledge having a little kid murdering dozens of people

>Silence
>not on Jan 13, 2017

I think you watched a different flick.

We've got a Bigelow film, 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Suburbicon, Darkest Hour, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Happy End, Logan Lucky, The Snowman, and Annihalation to come this year

We've got a lot of stuff i'm looking forward to to wait for.
I got a very different feel from the film than you guys, and I don't care enough anymore to argue with yall about it.

The guy you responded to was kind of right though, Logan's past definitely put a lot of weight on his shoulders, but it's not a theme of the movie. It's just part of Logan's backstory and one of the many reasons he's a deadbeat alcoholic who doesn't care whether or not he's dead.

I wonder if Laura will have a complete breakdown when reality hits her.
Surely the illusion that everyone she kills can simply be labeled as "bad guys" can't stay up forever.

Good list. The Lost City of Z and Free Fire are coming out this month, James Gray and Ben Wheatley are always pretty good. there's also Dunkirk, Baby Driver, and Blade Runner.

To be fair, she hasn't actually killed any innocents yet so morally shes fine.

Everything I've seen with Freefire has looked disappointing so far despite the cast.

Baby Driver looks enjoyable as like a solid popcorn movie but not best of the year.

Blade Runner was accidentally left off my list, good call.

>giving adamantium claws to your 10 year old super soldier in training only to make her claws permanently midget sized when she grows old when bone claws would've done just fine until then.
>scrap project out of sheer embarrassment for being the worst evil scientists ever.

Even fucking doctor wily was laughing at them

PTA's ongoing untitled film project. Atleast that and alien are the only 2 im excited about

Alien just looks like another fucking jumpscare-fest with no subtlety or atmosphere.

Thats why i spoilered it, cheap B-scifi series and anything related to cosmic horrors have always been my guilty pleasures that i dont hold to any proper standards

Silence had a limited release in 2016, it was nominated for an Oscar. Just one, of course. :^)

John Wick 2 was better.

Killing still affects your psyche whether they deserved it or not.

Prometheus had amazing atmosphere though.

Earth has a great atmosphere too, still a shithole

It'll be Dunkirk, user. Best picture 2017

Logan is the first and Ghost in the Shell is the second best of the year for me.

I find both to be very emotional personal stories.

Clearly the best movie of the year will be The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature.

Who do you think the cutest actress of 2017 will be and why is it Dafne Keen?

Don't jynx things damn you, wait until puberty is finished with her. I don't think I could bear for her to be Chloe'd

It's gonna be sad either way. Much of her cuteness comes from being smol little bean.

She's not Mexican.