Sup Forums I have a question posed on twitter

>Sup Forums I have a question posed on twitter.

If travelling over the north pole. Would your directions change from heading north to heading south past the apex?

Attached: IMG_20191024_030038.jpg (1440x854, 54K)

Yes.

No one travels over the north pole.

Probably, probably not.
It depends if it changes on the South Pole too.

When you are no longer heading north, your heading would tend to reflect that, yes. Unless you want to be pedantic and claim you're continuing around, in which case cardinal directions are a dumb way to describe an orbit.

Imagine this.
Your gps says head north on north pole road. At north pole head south.

>How can south be both directions simultaneously?

As far as I knew, yes.

North is the radius of a point, and not a direction specifically.
Heading towards this point from any angle is considered North, where as yes if you pass the centre of the point in this radius in a straight line, you would then be heading directly South, as you're now moving towards a different point.

East and West are derivative based on these two points, and are more directional.
Anywhere right of North and left of South is East, and vise-versa West.

Careful OP, some people here a flat earth retards and will troll you.

GPS doesn't use cardinal directions. It uses relative position. It would say "take the second left" not "go south".

Touche

Here, hopefully this makes sense.
If you are a flat brain, then just imagine it's a repeating Pacman stage and there are two points either side of the map.
Heading towards one would be North and the other South.

Don't call me a douche you faggit

Would help if the picture opened.

Attached: Compass.png (312x352, 13K)

But how are you go differentiate north from south when at the pole?

Wait how would u travel over the North Pole? Wouldn’t u fall off the earth?

And fuck you.
I'm a dodecahedron earther

How are you going to differentiate at all?
Assuming you have a ridiculously accurate compass, if you were to walk around the centre point of the North in a circle, it would keep turning to face the centre gradually as you walk.

I'm a cube earther.
Each continent is on 1 of 6 sides.
>snake eyes bitch

All 3D objects still work in this scenario, because there's two points on them at the furthest distance apart from each-other.

Dodecahedron earthers still get more credibility than disc-boys.

If you are at the locus of the North Pole, north isn't a heading anymore. Just like if you're in Chicago you can't really drive toward Chicago.