youtube.com/watch?v=gcI7s4WeqX4
youtu.be/jJ3Y2tt3kGA
youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ok7_KFuZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

l'chaim fatass

all of this has been memed before and all of this will be memed again

Memes are a flat circle

Was he shooting at god ?

welp guess I know what I'm watching again tonight.

that's how they beat the bad guy

God was protecting him

god damn you
>so that's it? we some kinda true detective squad

coke heist scene best scene.
The tension was insane.

Lawn mowing is a repeated central theme in every character in True Detective

but what does it mean

It was lame and felt completely out of place for this kind of show. Best scene was the LeDoux one.

Lawn mowing is a flat circle.

the only out of place thing about it is that a scene about a coke heist got the most effort put into it, it's still a good scene.

Trips
3 circles
Total evil

Why does you cut up the beer cans and make little people during the interview?

Beer can = flat circle

Little men = reincarnation

Thread archived. You cannot post new comment

Mind = Blown

Your daughter's got a fat pussy ray- I mean Marty

I just finished Form And Void for the first time since 2015. Rust's ending monologue made me tear up. Just like back then, I felt like Rust's "you ask me, the light's winnin'" is out of place for him.

I don't know why this gets as much attention as it does. I can't imagine the man hours that went into making sure everything went off without a hitch, but ultimately it was only impressive technically. Thematically it wasn't interesting at all.

Don't talk to me or my fat pussy ever again.

season 3 needs to use one director

i wish cary would make something interesting

No matter what happens season 3 won't be received well. People want it to go back its creepy cthulhu vibes, even though season 1 was much more than that. And if it does, it'll just be seen as aping the first season.

>It's out of place for him
Apparently you didn't listen to his monologue and understand he was profoundly changed by what happened.

couldn't care less about the reception

i hope for a clearly defined visual style and that pizzolato gets enough time to trim the fat

>Creepy Cthulhu vibes
I fucking hate you retarded plebs that actually thought supernatural shit was taking place and shoving your idiotic ideas around. You faggots need to go back to watching lost reruns.

Don't patronize me, man. I love the monologue. It was the perfect development for his character. I'm reading reviews now from 2014 and I'm pretty disgusted at people simplifying the ending as "Disney everyone survives."

Rust is not one to shield himself from the woes of the world and of existence. He's a well read, experienced man. He knows, more than most, that the stars we see in the sky at night will one day burn out, or have already burned out as we are looking at an image millions of years old. He is the kind of man who KNOWS this. It would've been better if he just looked up at the sky as Marty was walking him to his car, and stayed silent.

It would probably be either a direct sequel to the first season or something quite similar. Shame about it, I loved season 2 and would love to see what other different thing they could make with the brand.

I'm not sure what gave you the impression I thought that. I thought my post was pretty clearly bemoaning those people.

>le supreme reddit gentlemen
Fuck off faggots, that was the best scene in a great show by a comfortable margin. That's why it got attention. It was executed perfectly.

Reddit needs to go

>that was the best scene in a great show by a comfortable margin

From a technical standpoint? Absolutely. Thematically? Probably Rust's monologue.

kill yourself

Not an argument.

that's why he said ''vibes'' you goddamn retard. maybe if you weren't so autistic you would be able to feel vibes and feelings too.

I wasn't arguing faggot, just telling you to kill yourself. You're too dumb and plebian to even argue with.

it just needs a pinch of supernatural undertones to make it more dreamlike.

>I don't know why this gets as much attention as it does.

I agree that it was odd that a coke heist scene got so much work put into it.

I thought they handled the tension really well in that scene, the only headscratcher is why it was so well made.

Watched the first four episodes of S1 while living in Beaumont, last four living in Baton Rouge. Then moved back to California just in time to watch Ray die in the woods just west of where I was born.

Only reason why Season 3 hasn't happened yet is because I haven't moved yet. I'm open to location suggestions.

Well there was that whole thing where he stared into Carcosa and was dying and he met his wife and daughter.

It gave him new perspective in life and made him appreciate the good things more.

move to aleppo and get blown up you faggot

move in with me so we can have gay sex

A L A S K A

>King in Yellow
>Carcosa
Fuck off, the vibes and themes were obviously there, they just weren't taking center stage.

>It gave him new perspective in life and made him appreciate the good things more.
Naw I know that. I got as much from his monologue. He's finally letting himself know that there are things in the world worth living for, like family. I don't think the last bit about the light winning was in character, or necessary.

I would definitely mow Marty's wife lawn while he was away fucking Daddario and that other piece of ass. Monaghan's ass was that good. Marty was a piece of shit anyway.

Why does no one ever talk about this? Was Marty lying when he told his kids he's never shot someone? Because if he was telling he truth, that's the first time h shot someone - in cold blood.

Maybe you shouldn't take what Marty says to his girls as truth, but I'm surprised I've never seen someone mention it before.

I see what you mean, it does come off as a bit blindly optimistic, especially for someone like Rust.

Maybe he was just hyperbolizing to cheer Marty up or show that he's changed for the better.

I can't really tell where you're going with this, are you saying him knee-jerk shooting Ledoux was out of character if he really hadn't shot anyone beforehand?

Maybe.

I lived near there for a while. Deserts are spiritual places filled with broken people. Will consider.

He says that to his girls at dinner in the first episode. It stands to reason it was true.

Was Rust shooting at you?

No - I'm saying it seems quite significant that the first person he ever shot was an unarmed criminal they had under control.

It may not be important, but I'm surprised the line about him never shooting someone was put in, he then does that, and I've never seen a single post about it.

Marty, as flawed a man as he is (and he fucking is), values his daughters. He sees two children locked up, god knows how long, he sees that they could've been his daughters. So he pops a gasket and shoots Ledoux.

>Was Rust shooting at you?
w-what

Will they ever top this opening?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPpCqXYoos

I'm not saying it's out of character mate, I don't know why you are so invested in this show to defend it from someone that isn't attacking it.

I was pretty much asking am I right in thinking that is the first term Marty has killed someone, because I've yet to see someone mention it - even though it really stuck out to me.

>mfw dat ass was cgi

Naw I wasn't defending anything. I was under the impression you thought it was out of character.

>am I right in thinking that is the first term Marty has killed someone
Yes.
>He says [he hasn't had to fire his gun] to his girls at dinner in the first episode. It stands to reason it was true.

>I don't know why you are so invested in this show to defend it from someone that isn't attacking it.
that wasn't me :^)

>was pretty much asking am I right in thinking that is the first term Marty has killed someone
Yes, I myself didn't give it much thought but it definitely makes the scene more powerful.

The only above average thing in S01 was the two main actors. S02 showed that

meant for

>people bitch and moan about season 2 not having supernatural vibes
>it blatantly has supernatural elements
BRAVO guys

Opening theme suggestions? Opening theme suggestions.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gcI7s4WeqX4

He's right through

youtu.be/jJ3Y2tt3kGA

youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ok7_KFuZw