Why the hell was Harley Quinn in the Suicide Squad?

Why the hell was Harley Quinn in the Suicide Squad?

Everyone else had a useful skill that could hypothetically be relevant for an elite team of metahumans, but Harley Quinn is just a girl with a bat. She doesn't have any special powers or anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5ezlzBvxfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is a board for films. Not your comprehension and opinion of comics which have been used to make standalone films.

She looked hot in the outfit, that's all.

Memes

Cannon fodder

She had a makeup with Academy Award winning powers

They fucked up in the movie when Task Force X was sold as a team that could take on metahumans. In the comics they're just supposed to do the top secret jobs the government doesn't want to be caught orchestrating.

because she's "popular" and a gateway for the joker to cameo.

Morale boost for the rest of the team I guess

The makeup thing was obviously for Killer Croc.

>Margot Robbie
>hot
enough with this meme

>Jai Courtney with a boomerang
>"Useful"

He basically had the exact same power as Deadshot but with a boomerang instead of a gun. He's also a brony and they're basically invincible.

Ted Bundy wasn't exactly a master hitman but if he kills some leggy blonde and it turns out she was a Russian spy then I'm probably going to say coincidence rather than government sanctioned assassination.

Maybe Harley Quinn was the only one with criminal star power that they could control, especially since the rest of the crew were basically just mercs.

>He basically had the exact same power as Deadshot but with a boomerang instead of a gun.

Imagine downplaying guns this hard

She was the only one in the group that was absolutely fearless, that's kind of her superpower I guess.

I laughed

I literally, LITERALLY shat myself from laughing so hard.

They were until 2011, which was when the comics went to shit as well as brought Harley Quinn in.

Waller needs an in-road to the Joker.

If everything was all according to Waller's plan the movie sure did a poor job of conveying that. She did not look like she was in control.

Sex sells

>Everyone else had a useful skill
>the guy who can throw boomerangs real good
>Slipnot the man who can climb anything
>useful skill

Being able to climb anything is actually a very useful skill. He can scale walls that normal people would be unable to, which is good for things like assassination.

One thing did. Harley ended up back with the Joker. Remember the scene between her and Harley?

"Are you the Devil?"

Quinn's nuts, but she's perceptive. Waller was there with a specific deal in mind for her. She needs the Joker because she's figured out who he is.

Hmm... really makes you think.

Not a single image posted in this thread, time to change that.

Harley Quinn has plot armor

That's literally the greatest superpower of all

It's how chumps like Batman and Wolverine and Deadpool and Star-Lord defeat universe-ending cosmic villains

Probably to lure Joker out knowing that Joker will eventually come for Harley, but Enchantress fucked it all up

Couldn't that guy tank an entire freight train driving straight into his face? How does Harley not break her foot doing that?

Isn't his name Captain Marvel?

She's amped up on a pill that takes everyone up near Supes levels of strength. In that same story arc, Alfred head-butts Superman unconscious.

boomerang dude is deadshot with boomerangs basically
and climber dude can get dead shot into sniping positions he otherwise wouldnt be able to

It was in Injustice and she had some pills that gave her Superman's powers.

do you really have to ask. you know why...

a pill the size of a tangerine

She has the power to make every girl dress like her for Halloween.

Waller sells them that way, but she wanted Task Force X before.

She just wanted super criminals to do her dirty work

Suicide Squad was a movie with very heavy occult undertones and overtones; and just because you didn't see a "power" on screen it dosen't mean that something "special" wasn't happening.

Ie Direct/visible vs Indirect/Invisible "Super powers".

youtube.com/watch?v=E5ezlzBvxfw

Suicide Squad 2 without Harley Quinn is doomed. You need that slutty, piece of ass and without her who do you have?

>Everyone else had a useful skill

Slipknot was good with ropes, incredibly useful combat skill right there.

Captain Boomerang... seriously.

Deadshot is really good with firearms, which would be cool in a normal black ops team, but these guys were supposed to take on Superman-level threats.

Even Killer Croc was only slightly superhuman, he could be easily replaced with a guy wearing power armor.

El Diablo was the only legit member of the team.

She's a super criminal. Olympic level gymnast, good with a gun.

And insanity counts for something. She's the one who walks up to Enchantress and cuts her heart out

>Destroys Weapon systems internationally

"She's threatening our way of life!!!"

>he could be easily replaced with a guy wearing power armor.

Which there is precious little of in this world, though that just makes me hyped for if they introduce Rocket Red REAL SOVIET SUPERHERO

Very occult undertones.

>these guys were supposed to take on Superman-level threats

That bit really ruins the concept. Had the Squad just be an expandable team to deal with dirty jobs the government don't want to get involved into, that would be fine. Shit, as I understand it, that's exactly what they are in the comics.

But no, we have to buy that a bunch of assholes with guns, ropes, boomerangs and hammers is the perfect defense against Superman.

If Luthor's plan had come off, she'd have been perfectly within her mandate recruiting Superman himself to the Squad, provided he allowed himself to be arrested for Bruce's murder.

*Those* guys were just what she had to work with. She used fear of a rogue Supes-level threat to sell the concept, nothing more.

not really

Demographics required a fridge for the appliance audience.

That's an interesting thought. But the Squad is supposed to be off the books. Black ops

Kind of hard to keep an operation quiet with Superman involved

Though....I guess not too difficult

Yeah I said this earlier and I got made fun of. But it's true.

Though I have to wonder, why did they put two similar characters in the movie? Especially if they weren't gonna play off it.

Superman was pretty much Reagan's secret weapon in Dark Knight Returns, smiting communists at superspeed.

Because Ayer writes worse than the people who created the characters, Boomerang's personality of being a backstabbing scumbag got turned off because he's got to be the final battle and Deadshot's cold professionalism was overruled by I'M DA FRESH PRINCE YO I'M DA HERO.

When Harley shows back up after ditching the team she shouldn't have been welcomed back she should have been despised, especially by someone as cunty as Boomerang is supposed to be.

I thought Training Day was pretty good. I don't know how Ayer managed to mess this one up.

What's funny is the deadliest threat to Superman out of the whole Squad is Deadshot with a kryptonite round. You can't hear a supersonic round coming, whether your hearing is super or not.

>tfw the Island was called Corto Maltese
>tfw Original Waynegirl went there to take photos in the film
>tfw Americans still dont know who Corto Maltese is

I lose faith in this timeline everyday

Why did she behead one of the guys from KISS? I know some people aren't fond of their music but isn't that a little much?

Potentially yeah but he'd need to lure Superman into a spot where he can snipe him from and that'd take help or a lot of planning. Maybe he can stage something where Superman has to come rescue some people and take the shot while he is distracted.

Sup Forums's analysis of BvS made me appreciate that film a lot more after the fact. I wasn't sure if people would be able to do the same for Suicide Squad, but I guess so. DCEU really is interesting.

Yeah, we are so stupid for not knowing a shitty obscure character in a shitty manchild medium. Stupid Americans!

She has super strength. Fucking capelets.

I'm a huge DC fan and I'll be the first to admit that the Squad wasn't all it could have been, but it still had more depth to it than is apparent at first glance.

She was the quip dispenser.

>shitty obscure character
Have respect for Captain Corto, you fucking piece of shit!

More useful then THE MAN WHO CAN CLIMB ANYTHING

>people itt are actually defending this piece of shit, let alone saying it has depth
What time is mom picking you up from hot topic?

Honestly, "can climb anything" sounds more useful for a black ops team than "LMAO CRAY CRAY XD girl who can swing a bat".

He was there to be killed to prove they were serious about the exploding collars

They trained him wrong, just to make a point

Christ, you actually believe you can make posts like that and come off as the "adult" in the conversation?

Especially considering they were sent to extract someone trapped in a high-rise office.

Why do people keep making posts saying Slipknot isn't useful? Look at this:
>Slipknot is a master in the use of ropes, including unbreakable ones, and a trained assassin. He created a chemical adhesive which he then applied to his ropes, making them nearly indestructible. Weiss uses the ropes to strangle, grapple, and hold down his opponents. In addition to his ropes, Slipknot is an expert assassin, able to kill swiftly and silently. He can climb anything.

That has practical value to a team. I don't see what Harley adds so I have to assume Waller just threw her in as Jokerbait.

t. literal women butthurt nobody finds them as sexy as Margot Robbie