Rick and Morty is more Sup Forums than Reddit

Daily reminder that there was literally an episode of Rick and Morty where Jerry's dad was a literal cuck, and the episode portrayed it in a negative light and portrayed the women (Beth and Summer) as stupid for embracing it, and even Jerry, the worlds biggest beta, knows it's degenerate. Rick and Morty is more Sup Forums than Reddit.

Mulan McNugget sauce.

I always thought the show was pretty redpilled but there is no denying that the humor caters to the leddit crowd

What is this new meme?

>Lol random McDonald's reference/advertisement

So funny and original

People who give a shit about this Sup Forums vs reddit stuff are fucking retarded.

They're literally children.

Only Reddit complains about the Sup Forums vs Reddit discussion

>meta humor
>lol so random humor
>hamfisted emotional moments
>pseudo intellectual dialogue
>panders to the "I fucking love science" crowd

It's 100% Reddit

it's literally youtuber-tier humour with all those fast cuts and you should feel bad for liking it

Takes one to know one.

The way they draw the pupils in this show bothers me more than it should.

This. You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>there was literally an episode of Rick and Morty where Jerry's dad was a literal cuck, and the episode portrayed it in a negative light and portrayed the women (Beth and Summer) as stupid for embracing it, and even Jerry, the worlds biggest beta, knows it's degenerate
wow, so fucking redpilled *burps*

The entire artstyle is grating as fuck, it looks horrible

Like another user said, there are some redpilled ideas in there, but there jokes pander to the lolsorandom crowd.

Stfu user, redditors will try to argue you with retarded falacies and tell you shitty "blurp" jokes they took from this tasteless show, believe me user, these morons won't use logic like you, don't waste your time, they're too 'smart' and 'nihilistic' for you.

i always assumed this was a 3way situation.

>im not reddit i swear

This

You don't understand, it doesn't matter if Rick and Morty Sup Forums or Reddit. Sup Forums today IS Reddit, there's a very little difference between them.

that's an oldfag right there if i ever did see one

Reddit is better than Sup Forums because it's not comprised of autistic neets and retards. don't even bother replying to this post it's inarguable

>Reddit is not comprised of autistic neets and retard
That's where you wrong, kiddo.

No. They actually did it. They actually fucking made a cartoon about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this cartoon that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you plan on voting for Bernie Sanders this cartoon is for you. If you own a fedora this cartoon is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this cartoon is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit cartoon is not for you and given the fact that there are no cartoons like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this cartoon.

The show was redpilled in a few episodes but also they brought a bunch of female writers so idk now.

When you put it that way this show is indeed pretty reddit.

More like they copy all the shit that we do.

Idk there's overlap in a few subs and ours but i do see some distinct differences.

I don't like Rick and Morty but you are one pedantic bitch faggot.

>every line is a meme
>a bad thing on a board that is dedicated to finding memes in tv and film and spamming them ad nauseam

on the face of it this should be tvs favorite show

>getting this mad over a pasta

jesus christ reddit

imaging not being able to enjoy Rick and Morty, because it's a Reddit show

Sup Forums is down the hall and to the left

>board that is dedicated to finding memes
If that's why you come here you should honestly kill yourself

Never heard of it and suddenly come across it a half dozen times in days.

Is there anything more pointless than shows about food tasting and world cuisine?

"Hmm, that really tastes delicious!"

Really, asshole? You travelled the world to eat something I never will and you're describing the taste as if I'll somehow be able to taste it, too? As if your verbal description will somehow magically trick my brain into experiencing it?

That's why you love it so much.

>reddit
>>>reddit

Noy all female writwrs are amy shumers there are some Tina Feys

Every time R&M is in season we get swamped with threads about how this show reminds people of a website they don't like. There are more shows on TV than you could ever hope to watch in your lifetime and you waste all your energy on hating the ones that trigger you.

What website would that be?

>is what appeals to it's audience.

ooooooooo you were so close

stopped reading there you fucking retard

Every one besides Sup Forums.

>tfw society is so fucked up that thinking cucking is bad is considered being an edgy Sup Forums contrarian

how else do you get people to take the redpill? you have to lure them in with familiar elements they enjoy then they can see the actual important things

Yeah, it's compromised of fat neckbeards and fedora tipping atheists. Much better.

I don't get it, is this some kind of new meme? It's the fourth time I've seen it today

They mentioned some hot sauce so it triggered everyone with the blatant product placement.

See They mentioned some old hot sauce and there's a new Milan movie coming out. It's obvious product placement.

>Redpilled
>That episode where they say that women get 70 cents out of a dollar compared to men

>there's a new Mulan movie coming out
Holy shit

>I fucking love science
I never understood those types. "DUDE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT BILL NYE SAVES THE WORLD? FAR OOUUUT MMAAAAAAN WOAH DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT *HITS BONG*"

>Thinking Time Warner would shill for Disney
sad

there's nothing wrong with consensual cuckoldry. you would think a bunch of deviants on a Nepalese Itchy and Scratchy board would be less judgmental.

A fun game I like to play in Rick and Morty threads is to search how many times the word "reddit" is used.

As of right now 23, including my own.

Not gonna lie, those are some pretty dank moves

What exactly does Sup Forums hate about Rick and Morty besides the fact that reddit likes it?
I fucking guarantee you, if reddit hated it for whatever reason, Sup Forums would be all over it like the contrarian kiddies they are.

A good example of this is the fact they like Sam Hyde which is the same nonsensical garbage but increased.