How many horror movies do you have to watch before you are desensitized to them...

How many horror movies do you have to watch before you are desensitized to them? Or do you just have to watch the scariest available so the rest don't seem so bad?

I really, really like this pic.
Can I save it?

You become desensitized if you watch a lot of generic studio cash in horror jump scare fests because they all have the same structure and execution.

Then you watch a David Lynch film and you get absolutely fucked over no matter what.

How many comedy movies do you have to watch before you are desensitized to them? Or do you just have to watch the funniest available so the rest don't seem so bad?

movies are a bad medium for horror
especially if you want to make money

It's all yours my friend hahahaha.

Depends what you can't watch about them. For me it was the tension and jumpscares that bothered me, but movies have nothing on vidya these days.

If you just don't like looking directly at gross shit, that doesn't really go away. You can take a bloody diarrhea and tell me to stare at it and its always going to be gross. Just ignore loluscaredbro faggots.

How many art house films do I have to watch before I become intelligent?

its not a quantity its simply an age thing.

I understood this reference.

horror isn't a genre.

Your reaction to certain horror will change over time, as you do. You will feel more sensitive to horror involving lovers, as you take them, for example. Or children, pets, home, or other life events that occur.

That's hilariously wrong.

You just have to move onto stand up comedy, funnier than any movie ever made.

Guys, is there any way to eat a banana without utensils and not look slightly gay?

Do beards help? Or is that metaphorically gay by name association?

Past the age of 16 I stopped being scared of most horror films, I don't get the same feeling of tension and dread I used to get from them which is kind of sad. That being said there are still things that scare me or mess me up, I still can't watch the hospital scenes in The Exorcist to this day. It plays on my fear of hospitals really well. I suppose it's really about what you find scary, when I was younger I found the idea of slashers and ghosts to be really scary which is why those types of movies had such an effect on me. It's not really about being de-sensitised, it's more about what pushes your buttons.

That dog is probably dead by now.

Add ice cream.

Horror movies rarely ever scare me. The only thing that ever scares me are jump scares, and those arguably aren't even scary, but rather rely on the fact that sudden loud noises or fast moving entities startle you. I've never been scared by anything that doesn't make me paranoid about loud things coming at me suddenly.

But you're still holding it like a cock

Stick a skewer in it?

That's not a bad suggestion, actually. Kebabs are fucking manly

People aren't really scared by horror movies, right? It's like roller coasters, you just pretend you're scared because it's a meme. Of course jump scares can be startling, but that's not the same thing. Horror can't be scary while it's shot at 24fps. The poor motion quality is always reminding you that it's not real.

holy shit this dog is a boss, wtf he doesn't even blink.

I've watched a lot of stand-up, both live and recorded, and none of it was even close to as funny as Freddy Got Fingered. Stand up is mostly just talking. Even when it uses props it's very limited compared to what you can do on film.

You're kind of assuming that the first part carries any weight when you follow up with the second. Holy shit.

You what

It's a banana split, man.

It is not humanly possible for a man to eat a banana by hand and not look gay. This is a fact.

Ah. Well no, we're talking about eating a plain banana by hand here.

I can't even watch stand up anymore, I'm onto improv now

Punch it with your fists against a concrete floor until it forms a fine paste and snort it all at once.

I just get frustrated with characters that do dumb shit, or anything with women in it that just scream and run about at the first sign of danger. Yeah, perhaps it is realistic, but I'm not entertained by it.

The scariest film I ever saw was Das Boot, 2AM, lights off, surround sound... fucking first viewing. Incredible.

>the exorcist
>wickerman (original)
>deep red / suspiria / bird with crystal plumage
>classic zombie movies (take your pick)
>john carpenter movies

modern horror is mostly jump scares and gore, neither are particularly scary.

everyone wants cosmic dread / monster horror, the best lovecraft movie is the remake of the mist.

t. horrorfag

I bet you even think "drama" is a genre.

are dogs not able to see stuff on screens?

this dog rules