Is Hellraiser 2: Hellbound horror kino?

Is Hellraiser 2: Hellbound horror kino?

>Awesome body horror
>Great aesthetics of a labyrinthine hell/leviathan
>Deep lore (not just some shitty supernatural killer)
>Cute puzzle solving girl

Does anything even compete? Are there any other horror movies with similar depictions of hell or a horrible other worldly realm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GJE8KtGFnE
youtu.be/I6qri3HnUQQ?t=6360
youtube.com/watch?v=nTKZ3aeMZzM
waynebarlowe.wordpress.com/artwork/film-tv-game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Occult (2009) has the best depiction of Hell.

Hellraiser & Hellraiser II are good horror films. Hellraiser III is goofy fun, as is Hellraiser IV to a lesser extent but only really saved by Doug Bradley's performance.

Hellraiser V is a step in a different direction but still a solid movie, everything after this is a joke though tbqhfam

Y

I dunno, I watched it a while ago and fell asleep half an hour in

worth watching but far from kino.
its been a long time since i watched it, but it has alot of flaws.
the 2 most annoying things i remmeber was the girl who doesnt speak through most of it, and the 10 minute footage of them running down the same corridor over and over again.

yes that shot is pretty cool, and it has some grea gory scenes. but the plot doesnt make much sense. i did like the scene where u see all the cenobites in their original forms tho. tht was cool.

IT IS NOT HANDS THAT CALL US

Yes. 1 and 2 are really good.
5 is a guilty pleasure for me.

Best scene in all horror coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=3GJE8KtGFnE

>And to think... I hesitated.

I don't understand why he was so powerful compared to the other cenobites. Dude wrecked them all without so much as a fight.

>Great aesthetics of a labyrinthine hell/leviathan

Yeah it's kino for these parts.

Spoonfeed or keep your opinions to yourself.

>weebshit

no thanks

Ending would have been better with less ridiculously bad effects.

IT'S HEEEEEEELL *technicolour hellscape*

He had Leviathan's penis connected to his head.

5 is a competently made film

Huh? Nightbreed?

Maybe being a horrible cunt in life makes you a beast in hell. The other cenos were fairly normal dudes, right?

This. I've been to Hell numerous times and this movie has the closest depiction of Hell to date.

Gonna vacation to Hell next week so I can really appreciate it.

he was directly connected to leviathan the ruler of the hell dimension
the others rebelled, so their power was cut off

>81267144

I haven't seen past two, but from the original two you don't see much backstory on the other cenobites. You just see them in their human forms and see pinhead opening the box in the beginning of the second film. But that's a theory.

chatterer was a 10 year old boy
the female was a former nun
the fat one a bartender
pinhead a ww1 captain

dunno if the background info is canon, but the little background info's that the figures/statues/toys had did give interesting info

I think my favourite kind of special effect is the slime 80's and 90's monsters were always coated in.

The Blob (1988) had great special effects.

>We will never get Barlowe's Inferno hellkino

>pinhead a ww1 captain

Confirmed in Hellraiser 3.

That would be insanely awesome if done properly. What would you do CGI, animation or practical effects?

I like stuff with non conventional representations of hell

This is the film and hell sequence that he's talking about:
youtu.be/I6qri3HnUQQ?t=6360

Yep.

And the moral of that story is that you should never, ever trust a weeb's opinion on anything ever.

spooky

Heavy use of practical effects with CGI akin to Hellboy 2.

Good answer

Hellraiser 1 and 2 are all time classics. They're 2 of my top 3 horror movies of all time, the other being Saw.

Soliloquy of Good Doctor sell this movie straight from the first minutes

The mind is a labyrinth, ladies and gentlemen, a puzzle. And while the paths of the brain are plainly visible, its ways deceptively apparent, its destinations are unknown. Its secrets still secret. And, if we are honest, it is the lure of the labyrinth that draws us to our chosen field to unlock those secrets. Others have been here before us and have left us signs, but we, as explorers of the mind, must devote our lives and energies to going further to tread the unknown corridors in order to find ultimately, the final solution. We have to see, we have to know...

The whole film is great, but that fucking ending, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=nTKZ3aeMZzM

Can I get a quick rundown on the guy on the left?

>let's make an interesting movie and ruin it at the end c'mon it will be fun
fuck japs

fucking wasted 5 minutes trying to find that

Wait, did Barlowe work on Hellboy 2? I never realized before how much that looks like his style.

Yep, and a lot of other stuff you might not have expected either

waynebarlowe.wordpress.com/artwork/film-tv-game/

Holy fuck where was this lad when they were designing the new Doom monsters?

wtf i love satan now...

Fuck.
I just wasted two hours of my life watching this pile of shit.
My life is hell.

God damn right it does.

Why is she so perfect?

>series about bdsm
>we never got to see ashley laurence in bondage
shit series

A wild Pinhead appears!

The doctor's in!

ISHIGGHY

It was confirmed in 2. The doc had a file on him. It shows an old headshot of Pinhead's human form wearing a german WWI outfit. That's how she reminds them of their humanity.

Yeah there was a moisture to their flesh that reflected the light flawlessly, unlike CGI monsters.

Jesus wept.

Hell raiser 2 is the most insane, nightmarish film ever in the sense that it's almost entirely nonsensical. Which isn't a criticism. It's the only movie I've ever seen that exists solely as a literal nightmare.

Talk about a weird unnerving film. I still don't know if it was good or not. Creature designs were dope though.

>nightmarish film ever in the sense that it's almost entirely nonsensical.
People say this but what exactly is confusing about it? The story is very straight forward. The only part I can see people being confused by is the deal with the tentacle that attaches itself to Channard and why he get's decapitated at the end. They never once state that the tentacle is Leviathan, I wonder if the script has omitted scenes which explain these parts.

It was the best vision of Hell that I seen in any movie.

>The God of this World.

Honestly as an adult male I can't watch it, it makes me feel uncomfortable, that and the last part of Necronomicon. I saw it as a kid and it was just too much, it's not the gore it's exactly as you said- almost like a fever dream.

WE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU

>tfw Hellraiser 3 sucked dick
Is the rest even worth watching?

Bloodline was terrible but almost worth a watch for more Doug Bradley.

>Earth,a garden of Eden... a garden of flesh.

There are deleted scenes from H2 -- like the famous surgery scene that's depicted on the VHS box but not shown in the movie -- but I don't recall if they explain more about Leviathan.

is he ok?

Just havin' a laugh, mate.

Hellraiser 5 is good. It's a story where the cenobites are just a sub-plot like the first movie.

>Hellraiser 5 is good.
This meme has to die.

You need to die kys my good friend

He'll be fine.

Everything before the first Hellraiser is kino. Don't want anything else.

Rewatching these right now funnily enough. Halfway through the second film.

I feel the same as , I can watch #2, but everything about it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Fat KINO

THICC

what happens when you hit the side of his head with a board

I can manage the movies
but the few novellas I have read from Clive Barker? jeeeesus, this guys is crazy.

There's a scene where chatterer cases them into a lift but it looks awful

This guy is supposed to be the strongest Cenobite. In Scarlet Gospels, Pinhead kills him.

>skipping hellraiser in space
Why do you hate fun?

You mean 5 minutes of Hellraiser in space while the other 95 minutes of the movie takes place in present time? Moron.

You know exactly what I mean, asshole.

>tfw reading the original plot of Bloodline

It could have been KINO

True. Very ambitious movie that good shredded by the studio.

Whats Sup Forums opinion of the first one? its like the one big horror icon movie i never watched. the box covers used to scare me when i was a kid, but i just never got interested enough to make time to watch it. like i wonder how on par it is compared to nightmare on elm st, halloween, and f13

The book is better.

/ourgirl/

spoonfeed a link

Only read Weaveworld by him. I was kind of expecting something like Hellraiser, but it had almost no horror elements, or at least nothing as unnerving as his films. Still a good book though.

Why did he turn Asian?

Can you solve the puzzle box, Sup Forums?

The first two are really good. Legitimately creepy.

1 and 2 are amazing. Anything after that just starts to go south real fast.

Shit movie. Craig Shitter has to be one if the worst actors ever. I honestly don't understand how he got roles.

I absolutely adore the first one because of THIS DAMN BED IS SO HEAAAAUGH MY HAAAAAND

This. There is nothing out there in horror quite like them. They held nothing back, did not hold your hand, were unapologetic, and they were sincere. They came out in a time of campy slasher flicks and delivered these twisted, grand guignol pieces infused with the unique imagination of Clive Barker.

Even Stephen King said Clive Barker was the new master of horror at the time.

1 was much better. 2 was a bit of disappointment. I enjoyed 3 more, but the cenobites were lousy, and goofy.

lol the squids?

>I enjoyed 3 more

Whew.

Is it true that at the end of the Scarlet Gospels it JUST becomes full blown DBZ?

if you didn't enjoy Hellraiser 1 and 2 you are pleb and don't belong on Sup Forums

Also Inferno and Hellseeker were good. Hellraiser films are best watched on hallucinogenic drugs