Westworld S2 will not pick up from where S1 ended

>Westworld S2 will not pick up from where S1 ended
What's the point then?

moviefone.com/2017/04/03/westworld-season-2-wont-pick-up-where-finale-left-off/

>WOW NON LINEAR PLOT LMAO
when will this meme stop

hows that a bad thing? Im super glad about this. It would be so fucking dumb and awful if they continue the plot and pretend it was all just a big joke and robots were killing themselves at the end or something.

I much rather see something completely new cause that Westworld Universe has a lot of potential

Rumors say that it's gonna be about an alternative world, like asian world and shit.

If that's true do you find it okay to throw away all the character developement and twists from S1 and just move on to another robot world? Imo it would suck, since we already know the history of the park, the creators the host etc.

i fucking hope so, s1 was such a letdown

Do you mean the finale?

>that shitty fucking gunfight in the finale
really activated my /k/ almonds

>character development
o i am laffin

Was I the only one that was getting kind of bored of Westworld after the first few episodes after the novelty of the concept wore off? Like the second season will have a lot less momentum.

>What's the point then?

New stories and characters, what's wrong with that?

Season 1 turned really shitty in the last half, no one wants to see more of that.

I guess I'd be fine with showing other people. By the end, I didn't want more Bill or sassy black lady anyways and they took up a bunch of the screen time

It's like they didn't learn anything from True Detective

>You're definitely going to see the aftermath and the effects of what happened.

So it's a time jump then

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Samurai World please.

I mean what can they show us if we already know all the plot twists, the story of the park, the hosts, the creators etc.? Unless it's a prequel, obviously.
The season finale opened up many possibilities for future plot, are they just gonna ignore that?

But what can they talk about even if it's a new world with new characters?
They don't have control over the hosts anymore, are they just going to pretend like WW didn't exist and focus on samurai world?

are they going to change the name of show next season when it's not about a Western-like sim world?

Did Game of Thrones change name after focusing on the books past the first one?

yes it has

>meanwhile in samurai world

niggerworld

That's retarded. You're retarded.

you're unironically a racist

shame on you, buddy

It's literally the same thing

Of course they won't

They wrote themselves into a corner with their fucking meme flashbacks.
They fell into the LOST trap and just started doing shit because it was exciting and twisty. Anything to get the viewer dragged through a pointless episode.
At the end of the day literally nothing happened in Season 1 that wasn't entirely due to Hannibal Lecter's planning.
Everything was planned.
And now he's apparently dead.
So what the fuck are they going to do now for a plot?

If they'll set it a few years after, we'll probably see an android nation inner workings, what their society has formed into, their relations with an outside world etc.

What android nation?
The whole "They're become self-aware" was created by Hopkins as entertainment for the company elite so that he could murder them

Robots from season 1 infiltrating the other worlds as newcomers, bamboozling everyone and reddit when it's revealed.
Screencap this.

Androids gain full self-conciousness through suffering
By starting a slaughter he eventually gives birth to a new nation

Dr. Whatever was a robot too. Do you think he'd let himself get killed like that? No way.

>Androids gain full self-conciousness through suffering
We don't know that since none of the androids on the show ever gained self-conciousness

If you're not going through with autistic theories, Maeve and Dolores both totally did. That's their whole respective arcs

Dolores maybe, Maeve absolutely not. Everything from start to finish was planned for her

They didn't
We see the exact opposite
When Maeve and her cuck reactivates Bernard, he checks her code and sees that every move, even her next word was written by Hopkins.
She never made a single choice. It was all Hopkins.

Same with Dolores. When she's speaking to a dying Teddy about her experiences and how she's real and that she really loves him and all that shit, we see the camera back out to see all the company watching.
That was written too.

Nothing went off script. It was all literally Hopkins

She disobeyed the program when she got off the train because of her memories

We don't know that for sure yet

But if it is true, then it's retarded
If she was truly off the program, why would she go back? She has nothing there

Westworld became shit when it turned into pic related

The black brothel madame robot cranking le intelligence level to 11 was the perfect example of a shitty, stupidly written "I'm smart because it says so in the script" character whose "intelligence" is mostly showcased by cracking snide jokes at the "stupid" characters' expense and acting real smug all the time.

Pretty much

I feel like there was a good script there at some point but HBO decided to stretch it out to 10 episodes and fill it full of hooks to scoop up the GoT fans that are about to lose their show

The first episode was really good. Too bad the rest is shit

as long as they get rid of that terrible black diversity hire cunt

You didn't get the Hopkin's character at all then
His manipulations go beyond scripts
Yes, Dolores acts according to his plan, but his plan for her is to do that without script, but with self-gained conciousness

That's the point, she acts irrational because of memories of her "daughter" and it somehow overweights her script of infiltrating an outside world

SHOGUN WORLD

CONFIRMED

So Hopkins wrote a play for the shareholders that just so happened to also be exactly what Dolores needed to become self-aware?
Isn't it more likely that any self-awareness that she showed simply more of the play he wrote?

I cannot trust the show for anything since that fucking bullshit timeshift in one of the earlier episodes

It would make sense if each season had been self contained.

But this wasn't.

This won't necessarily affect season 2, but it makes season 1 seem like a half assed, unfinished mess.

Yeah. I'm not even sure I'll bother with season 2.

The opening episodes were good...the middle was dull filler, and the final couple of episodes were mixed (nice to see momentum in the plot, the revelations etc, but a lot of it was kind of dumb and sloppy).

Really mixed on the series, leaning towards negative.

Possibly. The movie titles changed.

The second one was Futureworld.

Yes?
It's a "greatest storyline" precicely because it's both the challenge for the shareholders and an instrument for androids to become self-aware, so both sides have real stakes here.

Is Leftovers the only show left on HBO that isn't DROPPEDable?

This shit is garbage and doesn't look to improve.
And so is GOT

I have no reason to believe this

Since the only "genuine" thing we've seen on the show is the other writer having a hissy fit and pissing on the park hologram
Which, by the way, was great part of the show and really paid off.

the whole shit

I mean it's the main theme of the series, as I see it
Individual conciousness born through struggle and suffering
and in the end - nation born through the same mechanism

>Individual conciousness born through struggle and suffering
That's only what Hopkins believes since we've seen nothing "genuine". He wrote the story of struggle leading to awareness. Not "reality"

hello damon lindelof

everyone wave at damon lindelof

I really liked how that character was based upon damon lindelof.

Westworld had TONS of potential, without a doubt it really shone in the first couple episodes and I think it's mostly because the robots were more "robotic;" as humans we don't really know how robot consciousness is going to develop because machine learning algorithms can act in really strange ways, especially the more complex they get. So sentient machines could be a REALLY interesting, weird, creepy plot device because it gives you an excuse to make the robots act in foreign, alien based on the consciousnesses they develop according to their "memories," which are mostly of horrific violence, as well as the semblances of human emotion that their human controllers blindly pump into their brains.

So in the first couple episodes we get the "terrors of the earth" and "GROWIN BOY" scenes but the whole point of the show is making the robots more human so later it's all shitty human emotions like "muh baby" and "william will save me" instead of Yul Brynner and AM.

Pic sort of related

Leave.

Honestly I just wanted Westworld to be a Western thriller with sci-fi elements that touched on the concepts of self, the soul, what it means to be alive, and just how valuable life is or is not.

Instead I dropped it after episode 6 because I was tired of everyone acting like literal retards around Maeve for the sole purpose of moving a cliched plot forward.

Westworld had a great premise but as Maeves unbearably flawed story arc became the crux of the show, it rapidly went downhill. It would have worked better if they doubled the number of episodes to better explore the park and develop a better attachment to the characters.

what's wrong with hating nigs?

>asian world
>Naked Asian sexbots

This is my fetish

>And now he's apparently dead.

You must be really dumb to think this.