Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YDDHHrt6l4w?t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=oeFZXNDz7uA
youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

After hearing all of the criticism of it was surprised how much I really liked it. Super well cast.

youtu.be/YDDHHrt6l4w?t=7s

It was pretty gud, I had no complaints about it

My favorite capeshit film.

Who was in the wrong here?

one of the best capeshits, at least

>inb4 SQUID and "Snyder missed the point"

Still the only movie ive ever walked out of

I watched the ultimate cut and god damn, that was good.

This.
Watchmen is shit.

best cape movie on par with Spiderman 2 and Batman 89

>"""capeshit"""

Only the purest

She was a whore, and the dude in the Black Hood was in the wrong for stopping The Comedian.

Yes, the dawn of the modern age of capekino, as followed by MoS/BvS/JL. Soon one more will join the pantheon: Thor: Ragnarok

The guy that played Ozymandias did a horrible job, but I don't blame him I blame the directing. Matrix style fight scenes. Too clean looking. No giant squid.

Basically another well known comic that Snyder fucked up.

He was miscast, decent performance but just didnt cut the figure.

How do you go from this...

...to this?

>he still wants the giant squid

jSnyder was perfectly justified in cutting that out. It wouldn't translate well on film

The cuckblocker that came in

How exactly would she be in the wrong?

>The guy that played Ozymandias did a horrible job

I disagree with that. Matthew Goode was fine.

>Matrix style fight scenes

That shit was inexcusable. Why did Snyder think that Watchmen needed such over the top fights? The book was not about that at all.

>No giant squid.

The movie didn't need the squid. That change made sense.

Dr. Manhattan was poorly handled. I could barely hear him when he spoke, even in a movie theater. The scene where Laurie finds out that The Comedian is her father was also handled poorly.

I don't know why people praise this movie as if copying the comic frame for frame is somehow an accomplishment in film making. I am naturally going to compare the film to the comic if the latter is going to be adapted so literally, and the comic is way better.

Zack Snyder is a hack, by the way.

i dont get why everyone is quick to bash matthew goode for his ozzy.. hes not great or anything but hes fine..

meanwhile malin akerman is off giving one of the worst performances in film history

>inb4 the hallelujah hater fags come running into the thread

The Squid made more sense and Snyder missed the point by trying to make them all look cool.

Yeah that's a good point, her acting was fucking Laurel Lance tier from Arrow

>tfw blowie pics

He didn't portray the smug confidence that ozzy had in the comics until he asked dr m if he did the right thing. Ruined the character.

They made him too obviously evil. In the comics he kinda had a God complex.

I fell asleep during Mad Max in the theater, it was really really bad. Just thought id share.

>a woman about to be raped
>not to blame

What website do you think you're on? Almost everyone on Sup Forums has these opinions, ironically or unironically.

I liked it when I was 15 when it came out.

Best superhero movie of the decade

wasn't she in love with him???? why the rape?

Yes.

This movie actually makes me angry over how unfaithful it is.

And no, I'm not talking about the fucking squid. I'm talking about the tone of the movie and how - although it appears to be a panel by panel replay - it is the cinematic equivalent of a fanboy telling you how fucking "badass" Rorschach while missing the point of the comic.

>because you love someone, that means that you will always agree to have sex with them whenever or wherever with no strings attached.

Also Sally is canonically a pretty unstable person.

She's a woman. She doesn't have superpowers. She doesn't have resources. She has the uniform of a fuckdoll. She has no reason to be on the team beyond stress relief. If she can't put out then she's just there to cause tension and strife. I can't believe you need this spelled out to you.

IM NUTTY

not it was a movie, a film at best.

WHERE WAS THE FUCKING ALIEN

WHY THE FUCK DID HE BLAME MANHATTAN

It would've made more sense if manhattan was jewish.

She's the basic woman then.

I hate Hack Snyder but I thought this movie was alright

No. Boring movie. Rape scene was hot though.

Change the soundtrack and it's a decent movie desu.
>all along the WATCHtower starts playing
>get it???

The biggest problem of this film was the casting.

So many miscast roles and just bad acting in general.

Dr. Manhattan was awful, so was Ozy. Specter was really really fucking bad, both versions. Only Ror and Comedian were good. Owl was merely serviceable. Manhattan should have been wearing his underwear the whole film. It was distracting as hell to just have a giant blue glowing dick center of frame while something dramatic is supposed to be happening. The sex scenes were laughably bad. Even in the comic this shit was minimized because it was goofy looking. Ozy's costume was a sin. I have no idea why Snyder decided he should go full Batman and Robin, was because Ozy was subtly referenced as being gay and what's his face who directed Batman and Robin was gay?

soundtrack was straight from the comic book, Moore wrote song lyrics to match the story after each chapter moron-san

*cringe*

>Only Ror and Comedian were good.

Not really, Rorschach was pretty damn big in the comics, yet in the movie the prison cafeteria scene looks like Poor Little White Guy intro.

>It was distracting as hell to just have a giant blue glowing dick center of frame while something dramatic is supposed to be happening.
That's because you're a hellbound homo

It was certainly a risky film
>R-Rated instead of PG-13
>Big budget of $130 million
>Relatively unknown actors
>Running time of over 2 and a half hours
I'm surprised it was even a minor fiancial success.

Nigga he's 5'6" canon. He only seems bigger because he wears lifts and lots of layers plus the hat putting another few inches on him. That is what helps hide who he is.

You are aware that in the comics they put Manhattan in a ton of medium shots and hid his dick in shadows, right? Even Moore knew that it was distracting and its only purpose was to make you go, "Oh, so he's like the Thinker or the Statue of David, got it." That's literally it, even the underwear was commentary on the prudishness of Americans, but he couldn't justify literally putting a giant glowing blue dong center of frame for several hundred panels. Penis and Tits are attention grabbers, and he wanted you to look at the dialogue.

Yeah, but trust it to Snyder to fuck it up anyway. Place songs at the wrong place, ignore some songs in favour of another (i.e. traded Iggy Pop for Nena), or lifted music from better movies to make his own look better (Philip Glass, Raging Bull, etc.)

In the comic, Rorschach and Owl crash the ship, then make a walk towards Ozy's place. They're both nervous, scared even, because they don't know what's going to happen once they get there. As far as they know, Ozy is trying to kickstart WW3 and he's good enough to beat them both up. It's a tense, mostly silent walk, and they only pause for a moment to reflect on how they're marching towards the heart of darkness.

Meanwhile in the movie... DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN! ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER!

could have been the greatest superhero movie of all time. the silk spectre and hawk dude side stories ruined it. We should have gotten more flashbacks, more comedian, more Ozymandias, and made Rorschach our main character.

Outside a few minor nitpicks it's a damn good movie. The ending was better in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=oeFZXNDz7uA

Rational people: The Comedian
Edgy Teenagers getting ready for middle school: Silk Spectre

Childhood is idolizing rorschach

Teenage is ozymandias

Adulthood is realizing comedian was right about everything, and the only objectively good guy

Ozy's costume is a reference to Batman and Robin, but it is also meant to look Egyptian.

Also you're really gonna criticizing Snyder for changing the comic and not changing the comic at the same time?

Rorschach was a manlet in the comic too the fuck you talking about

No thats manchildhood

True adulthood is not taking any sides with the characters in the story and just enjoying your own unique place as the viewer with no stake in the plot, seeing events unfold through the eyes of a god and contemplating the human contradictions that make up these characters.

I think we can at least agree that the comedian was the only one right

Remember when youtube videos used to just end instead of padding the entire last third of the video with HEY GUYS THANKS FOR WATCHING BE SURE TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL, AND THANKS TO AUDIBLE.COM FOR HELPING OUT

I get the feeling that when hollywood is supposed to adapt a highly charismatic guy from a book/comic/whatever they always fail to meet the expectations.

And why didn't its success cause studios to open up more with R rated comic book movies? Why did it have to be Deadpool? Cause it made more money on a lower budget?

this

>Dr. Manhattan was poorly handled.
I don't know how an actual person can have this opinion
>The scene where Laurie finds out that The Comedian is her father was also handled poorly.
Alright I'll give you that one

>I don't know how an actual person can have this opinion

When the audience can't even hear half the shit he is saying, then yes, he was poorly handled. I'm sure there are plenty of mental gymnastics one can go through to explain why Dr. Manhattan was barely audible, but at the end of the day, the audience should be able to hear what he is saying, loud and clearly. He speaks slightly above a whisper almost the entire movie, which is why scenes that should be impactful aren't.

The scene where Laurie finds out that The Comedian is her father was horribly done. Doctor Manhattan is whispering and Laurie randomly starts spazzing out. I was so disappointed watching that scene in theaters, because it was so poorly adapted.

Reminder that if it was made today it would be hailed as the greatest film of all time.

Yeah but they'd throw in another hour of bullshit 2d comic book nonsense for added capeshit value.

>Reminder that if it was made today it would be hailed as the greatest film of all time.

The movie isn't even 10 years old. What the fuck are you talking about?

No
Funny you start with that pic honestly, probably the most glaring example of Snyder completely fucking missing details in Watchmen

Snyder cut the squid so it's shit

>there is literally nothing that sets the movie off because comedian never visited the island with all the artists, plans and the squid
>it made sense
kinoposters are fucking retards, who would have guessed

>t is the cinematic equivalent of a fanboy telling you how fucking "badass" Rorschach while missing the point of the comic.
This is pretty good description of the movie to be honest

He was the 2nd smartest human alive and guessed it. That's what the fillum implies. He condoned what Ozzy was planning and then was resigned to die out of shame.

>the viewer with no stake in the plot, seeing events unfold through the eyes of a god and contemplating the human contradictions that make up these characters.
so Dr Manhattan

>and guessed it
Just out of the blue, Comedian thought Ozy is going to kill all of NY, blame it all on Manhattan and went insane?

Damn, it really was kino then..

Yeah, exactly. He canonically confronted Ozman I believe before the shit went down.

>Comedian is suddenly the second smartest person in the world
>He confronts Ozy about the plan
Are these actually in the the directors cut people keep spazzing about
jesus fucking christ it sounds even worse than I imagined

No, I'm not even sure which I'm pulling this from either. Comic or film, it's all sort of distant memory at this point. The director's cut literally just added the bullshit pirate cartoon.

Now I'm going to have to rewatch it, too.

The mere fact that someone felt the need to ask this question makes me love Sup Forums that much more...

In the comic at least, the reason Ozy found out about Comedian knowing about the Island was because he drunkenly rambled about it to Moloch and Ozy had bugged Molochs apartment as it was implied he was originally part of the cancer victims plan.

You have triggered me, sir. I do not even care if I fell for your bait. Fuck you very much and have a good day...

It was to me.

KREE

And those events happened in the film too, not sure what's what at the moment. The letter was definitely not part of the intro in the film.

But Comeditician was NOT surprised to be jumped in opening sequence, he knew why. He gave up in despair, not just assasinated. That's at least some evidence he knew what was up with no explanation how or why.

Except there was no Island in the movie and we never ended up knowing what and how he knew what he did

Yeah, thats where the autism helps. It's definitely implied he knew and all that so they don't have to spell it out. That's perfectly fine and in no way detracts from the story even without that knowledge from the comics.

Not saying it's a GOOD film, that guy from hard candy was somehow even more pedo-tier in Watchmen. I can definitely see how rorschach gets the edit-bias which passes as fanboyism. More of his content was left in than others.

The loss of squid is an improvement, Manhattan was a eunuch (on all levels except physical) who was a bad casting choice. Probly bad CGI integration added to the trouble.

Disney will make a scene this good soon, 14 strikes are not enough y-you just have to give them time
youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo&t

Philip Glass brings forth the erections.

>Dr. Manhattan was awful
objectively incorrect
>Both Specters were bad
I will give you that one
>Owl was merely servicable
eat shit and die
>I couldn't stop looking at a penis
That's your problem - not the movie's
>sex scenes were laughably bad
That was quite literally the point you cunt
>Ozy's costume was a sin
You answer your own question. Yes his costume is a reference to B&R. It's a kitschy 80s superhero costume with nipples.

I thought the old spectre was quite good. Ozzy is literally marketing his cliche as fuck costume so that's a plus. Manhattan was a shit though.

If they actually got an interesting and ambitious director on board then maybe it would have been. As it is, Snyder's Watchmen is incredibly boring and overlong, and ultimately redundant if you've read the comic.

That's a penis!