The most popular sports in the world, per country

The most popular sports in the world, per country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAQuUuxnsUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>China

Why do Balts like basketball? Philippines I can understand since it was a US vassal state

Ice hockey is more popular in Latvia than basketball

More like poomerican pootball LMAO

International Wrestling?
youtube.com/watch?v=oAQuUuxnsUg

US states aren't countries

>ottoman rape baby pretending his country isn't a shithole
lol

Why does China like ping pong so much

Still haven't managed to find that map of Europe's second most popular sports.

They don't. It wouldn't even be top 3

>you must praise the inherent superiority of Big Black Coons Routinely Bashing Their Heads For 5 Minutes Until a 50cm Hole is Created in Their Brains™ for as long as you live in le abirtrary definition of shithole I've just made up

>abirtrary definition of shithole
Your country's only a shithole if there are donkeys eating from overflowing trash receptacles in the streets.
Not so fast, Brazil.

don't they got shot if they dont get first place or some shit

No...

You might be a bit gullible

>Mongolia

They like wrestling, not WWE drama class

>Alaska
not true really, it's football same as everywhere else

What's the point of the subdivisions if you're not going to tell me the favorite sport of each province of Mongolia separately?

Intersading is a map about the second most popular sport. Here is volleball, but I have my doubts, we are good in volley, but maybe basket or even handball is more practated.

They serioulsy a xing lings real what it in tvs, or just people practise it more?

>Connecticut
>Basketball
wot? Although that explains current ESPN

Never understood why baseball is so popular in Japan.

Anyone know the reason why?

The ten year American occupation gave them a lot of exposure. They should really talk more about that in American history class.

AFL is way more popular than cricket in australia lmao.

It's AFL > cricket > rugby > wogball > tennis

don't forget that Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina all have basketball as their favorite sport and they are all revering to NCAA

>gaelic football
?

t. watches furpuck while drinking maple syrup

rugby, basketball and football all merged to become one sport, but then that sport suffered a traumatic brain injury and becomes seriously retarded

>Baseball
>Cricket
>American Handegg
Tragic

>archery

based Bhutan

It's cold, so they like to be indoors, and they're tall, so it's basketball.

i feel like this isnt accurate, im from PA and ive never seen people give a shit about kickboxing

t. Colorblind

So why doesn't Norway like it then?

>skiing most popular sport in Estonia

>most popular sport by country
>USA divided by state

hmm

I thought rugby league was more popular in australia?

oh ur right lole
each state is basically a european sized country

>Finland: ice hockey

I'm ashamed of this fact.

I've been there and to be honest rugby league, aussie rules and cricket seem just as popular.
I'm still surpirsed cricket is the one listed as oppposed to aussie rules but whatever.
it changes from city to city though.

rugby and football are a bit behind in popularity.

We're not that tall, we're in denial about being good at football, we have a large rural population compared to other european countries so we have a huge portion of the population without access to indoor multiuse halls, in the winter we focus on skiing, and basketball is gay.

you're not good at football

Yeah I know, I worded it poorly. We're in denial about sucking at football, is what I meant.

It all depends on your metric
Ratings Rugby League
Attendance AFL
Participation Soccer

Cause they want to be dominant in a sport, and what could be better than a sport that no one gives a shit and athleticism isn't that necessary.

ah, alright.

what makes ping pong necessary?

What?

eyes so small that you only see the ball

ok, I think you might've meant "necessarily".
your prhrasing meant something else.

I meant that being an athletic person is not necessary to play Ping Pong.

When trying to find the most popular sport for the entire USA, the electoral count and the popular count gave different results, so this was a compromise.

I'll never understand why countries that don't put footy first always seem to get shit by countries that do. Like why would they even care?

>each state is basically a european sized country
why are my country, Brazil Russia, China, India etc not divided?

BASED NORTHEAST
>Connecticut

Entirely possible they are, but all had the same answer.

at least he fought and chased away the ottomans unlike you 56% mutt who let your daughter get blacked by jamal every night

Can't believe Gaelic is the biggest sport in this country, its a fucking awful sport, for peabrained idiots. Hurling is slightly better but its still just scrimmage smash it upfield scrimmage, goal/point.

based guyana

Or china

>bhutan
Da ti go nabutam

no they're not.

fuck baseball

>Baltics
>Cold

Umm no sweetie

>Ausfailia

>Pajeetswing

You need to do your research about the "Barassi Line"

why is that comrade?

We can create our own. Fill in your country

>jpg
it's not like people would've done it but you fucked up big time m8

Because ice hockey gets way too much attention and public money in Finland even though it really is played competitively in pretty much just a couple countries in the world.

Ping pong is very cheap and doesn't require much space so schools can easily train hundreds of kids.

Meanwhile footie and basketball requires large courts/fields.

Also Ping pong popularity is decreasing even in China thanks to their dominance.

>basketball is gay

amerilards when they will ever learn?

My heart belongs to my state before my country

what a shitty provincial opinion lmao

p p please dont forget about as g guys

lmao imagine not having football as your favourite sport

absolute fucking nonces

#respect
#footballfamily

I was never exposed to pajeet swing as a kid from California. I did see some guys playing it at a park recently. Might go and introduce myself one day.

Why do non free countries play soccer? Is it just a way to keep the slaves in line?

leave your echo state

what is that little country beneath bolivia?

paraguay?
thought it was free desu

Bolivia is like Venezuela but it never had a functioning economy to wreck

It is the libertarian paradise to be completely honest

Seething after getting btfo

mad cuz fat LMAO

Why is the northeast all baseball? I get that Connecticut like basketball because of UConn but there's no reason for the entire northeast to like baseball the most. That can't be right, especially not when the Patriots exist.

UConn basketball. They're definitely affected by the professional sports teams around them in other states but UConn has a giant basketball fanbase.

Red Sox. Plus baseball is a more patrician sport than football and New Englanders fancy themselves the Brahmins of the US

The top 15 or so states are basically European countries by themselves though. And besides, the demographic difference on there is real. Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and Connecticut really don't give two shits about anything other than college basketball. The schools there get 100x the support that any professional team does that is close by or in those states.

>per country
Nevada is a state dingus

College football ticks a lot of those boxes too tbqh. All it's missing is a grand finale game and a lot of positions come down to physicality, but that's not a bad thing.

>i-i-it was h-h-her turn

I have a few friends from Boston, from the way they talked about sports I always figured they were football fans first. Huh.

Pure ideology

/asp/ is the board for other types of wrestling too. The sumo threads are the only good thing about the board.

At the risk of sounding like that one brain damaged Costa Rican poster, is there any province in Argentina where football ISN'T the most popular sport?