Van Der Wiel

MLS signs yet another world class talent in his prime.

Welcome to the club!

at least it's not van der wiel's less-talented older brother

Good age, solid athletically, dealt with injuries but not known for being an injury concern. With this signing, TFC may very well have the best LWB and RWB in MLS. Or one of the best tandems at least. His contract is important. 2 years. That shows me that the club recognizes their window. Their window revolves around Seba and Bradley's contracts. 2 more years until Seba and Michael are out of contract and entering their mid-30s. Hence, 2 more years to compile trophies and compete in CONCACAF before a suspected rebuild or retooling (which wont be a rebuild per se but rather a search for 2 or 3 new DPs to incorporate into the squad). Vazquez is 30, van der Wiel will be 30 this year, Michael and Seba are 30, Morrow is 30, Moor is in perhaps the final year or two of a terrific MLS career, and Jozy is 28. Aside from younger stars such as Bono, Delgado, and Mavinga, much of the core is right in their prime years. This year and next year are integral, and I'm excited to see what they can do.

>we
>was
>koningenz

His tattoos are pretty good. Might fuck more slags in Toronto than Drake

>sh*tskin cant resist the call of torontistan fc
pottery

Toronto confirmed for the best city in Canada

The absolute state of Dutch football.

Nobody can resist the lure of MLS. Soon we will get Balotelli

>hotep shit
>weepy quotes
>flowers

You have autism

Shut the hell up you fake ass fan

Can't wait to sit back and laugh at these idiots in 20 years time.

I'm not a fan of My Little Sawker trash

Fuck you. Its a top 10 league !

Mls is buying all that shit players from Europe. Even China gets good players.

pls watch our sport Mr. Big Strong Bulgar

Yeah like Tevez!

>China
Obsessive planned economy

>USA
Sport of the elites

reminder that this guy played in a world cup final at age 21 and now 8 years later he's in Canada

>van der lyl

Or younger brother

Do these players ever feel sad and remorseful when they think back to 2010 or whatever when they were considered hot shit, or are they so retarded that they just live in the moment and not care?

Already did couple of years ago.

im in ecuador and i left a note under the glass of a table saying tfc mls champs. its a famous pizza place go look

lifelong Atlanta fan myself
Reminder that this will soon be the top league outside of Europe

as far as I can tell, this guy was about a 200k transfer fee and probably isn't close to their highest earner. I don't know why they're trying to make it out like a marquee signing, I guess just to get fans excited

>van der weil
>world class
>in the year 2011+7
kek

Don't disrespect PSG talent

They would be better off just playing Hasler. I don't know why they're spending on this guy.

I think the ones who go to inferior teams do. That's when you see them playing in front of a half-filled stadium for a mediocre team. Someone like GVDW is going to TFC, which is a big club with 30k attendance and great players. Some other guys create excitement everywhere so it's still big-time to them. Someone like Villa is still playing in front of 30,000 in a leadership role, I think that means more to him than being in a "big team" but in an anonymous role.

You have to remember a lot of these guys don't care either and follow the money. We're gonna see this in a few decades when MLS salaries reach European salaries and all of a sudden the Champions League won't be such a big deal because you'd rather live in literally any American city that are all better than Manchester

That's never going to happen because the uefa champions league is the biggest tournament for the sport right next to the world cup. Players around the world dream of winning the CL not winning the mls cup

i understand you but my point requires thinking outside of the box. Why is the UCL prestigious? Because the biggest clubs play in it. Why are they the biggest clubs? Because they pay the most. Why do they pay the most? They are the biggest clubs. So it kind of goes on in a self-actualizing circle.

Now imagine every team from Minnesota to Toronto paid European wages, not just to a few top players. Would the Champions League matter anymore? I bet it would take a bit of convincing, but it wouldn't after a while. All of a sudden MLS teams pay top dollar, and whatever the structure is there will become important. Because those teams pay the most and get the best talent. And become big teams... etc etc etc

Psg "talent "
Dude is the Belgian Kyle walker

You dont get it at all. You cant change the culture of a sport or decide what's prestigious with just money. China has a far better league than mls in terms of spending and giving insane wages and players still avoid them, with most of these players coming out to say "I still want to play in Europe even with a pay cut." Not to mention mls is a dumpster fire and has stagnated in the quality of the games. It's a League One english 3rd division pretending to be a big league when it cant even beat Mexican clubs in viewer ratings or club tournaments.

you dont get it at all either.

england is the top league now because of MONEY, just like the italian league was the top league because of MONEY, and so on.

also your last two sentences are showing you arent being real about the discussion

Again, look how fucking delusional and retarded you're acting. Europe and Britain specifically are the ones who exported the sport to the world. They are the ones with a 100 year history which gave them time to develop the prestige and influence of their leagues and champions league. Mls is not going to get anywhere near the top European leagues any time soon until they fix their retardation. China tried to do it and so far are failing

Also mls really is a shit garbage league not even on the level of the English Championship. Watching the so called best teams in the mls up final, Toronto and Seattle, play was atrociously and comically bad. American and domestic mls players get paid minimun wage while playing like rec league players which is why they cant even beat a minnow like Trinidad and tobago to qualify for a world cup. And I am completely right about mls being unable to compete with the Mexican league in viewership and club tournaments like the Concacaf champions league.

Get back to me with facts and not mls propaganda, doyle. Spout all you want about how "Its getting better" and "look at this sold out stadium!", mls is still trash.

Where was he during those 7 years? Shouldn't he be at peak around his age?

you sound like a faggot, i stopped reading 3 sentences in

>waaah waaah waaaaaaahh pls stop bullying my little soccer!
Kys

>implying i watch mls