What happened to the glory of a distinct melody? film scores suck dick today, it's just white noise

what happened to the glory of a distinct melody? film scores suck dick today, it's just white noise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs
youtube.com/watch?v=9mxb3xbEJqM
youtube.com/watch?v=2rJZisFKUFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN DUN

youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs

john williams is a hack

hans zimmer is great, and everyone just started copying him

*pitch shifts your score*

durn

Get back to work Nolan

it's too hard

explain the wonder woman theme music then?
It is so bad it is almost parody

NAM NAM NAM
NAM NAAAAM

NAM NAM NAM
NAM NAAAAAM

A few years ago (might be 10 or 15 by now I'm not sure), Hollywood collectively decided that recognizable theme tunes distracted from the movie or whatever. Since then it's been almost nothing but tone setting stuff in the background.

he did lion king, crimson tide, the last samurai, the thin red line. they are all amazing and unique. even his stuff with nolan all sounds different.

The kraken theme is lit

It's not that at all, it's that it's far too much to ask of the average working composer to do with John Williams did, his music was a character that complimented the film... I rewatched Schindler's List recently and the score to that film, and the way he did the cues was mind-blowing compared to what's on offer today.

Essentially everyone decided it wasn't worth trying to copy John Williams, but to just develop a new style of film score. Hans Zimmer realized this when his shit was garbage and he decided to start making more ambient scores, or "minimalist" as those stupid fucks call it.

Fucking HACKS.

Lion King was the only passable score, everything else was 16yo kiddie bait, hyper and unfocused and distracted from the film... fucking clean out your ears.

*plagiarizes himself*
youtube.com/watch?v=9mxb3xbEJqM

youtube.com/watch?v=2rJZisFKUFI

Best up and comer? He also did Gravity, Fury, and Suicide Squad

Legit, his phantom menace score might not be my favorite (I like E.t, CEOTTK and Jurassic park better) but that shit is genious
The march theme at the end is Palatine's theme but with happy kids sinsing, the theme then goes on and anakin's theme slowly turns into the imperial march

Gianchinno is great whe he is doing Pixar

That sounds crazy, I like Williams a lot too but there has to be thousands of classical composers, surely there's a couple who can do really good movie music.