Im about to give power rangers a try

I'm gonna be watching the power rangers movie and this thread is going to be me sharing my feelings as i go along.

it's a cam rip so i might post pics along the way. but shitty quality. everything will be spoiler tagged

though im not sure how to spoiler tag text on here yet is it spoiler?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXep7hzxvg
youtu.be/xGXZ_s_IAXg
youtube.com/watch?v=gkB1gJVNKfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yo the opening scene is actually legit

the opening scene good so far. I like the backstory on zordon[/spoiler

it's a him

andddd they just fucked up all the hype i had for this movie

the image before this got added somehow so this pic belongs in the comment above and that one belongs here

oh dear god no

they seriously trying to turn jason into some delinquent? wtf is this trash?

Austin St john rolling over in his grave

we're moving on. without you. we are cutting you out

soooo has this happened to anyone else? literally anyone?

I hope you get raped.

we should hang out sometime. but we dont have to. but we should tonight. im billy billy cranston

welp guess we just met 4chans favorite character

you sound like my 3rd grade bully

Oh mai gawd is that jason scott?

omg jason scott!

I saw it earlier tonight

I give it a 7/10. Not amazing but better than I expected by a mile

Elizabeth Banks as Rita is 15/10

you're a giant faggot

doing yoga. listens to heavy metal. edgy

it's interesting to say the least so far. idk i hope it gets betters

giant faggot who at least spoiler tags

hellllllo

trying to read this page makes my eyes hurt

STOP IT!

OP I don't know why you think anyone should care about your opinions but I assure you i'm not alone when I say no one cares. You're a dumb embryo that watches 10 capeshit movies a year and nothing else. Go back to your homeboard, tourist.

get the FUCK out.

they left the asian guy behind cause he tried to be a jew steal everything. these are the guys worthy of being power rangers? dafuq

DUDE i was NOT expecting this shit. shit's crazy

maybe bifocals?

everything this board is built on is opinions good sir. but thank you for yours. I do hope we can have further conversations in the future about films and television and our perceptions of them.

ok they are literally spiderman we get it. though if someone crushes their phone they dont keep squeezing bro

>good sir
Oh god just kill yourself

free your mind

lelelel black man has the most problem jumping

I don't mind this thread. Nice to see realtime reactions.

Would hate to see this become common though.

not a bad shot honestly. even in cam rip this movie is shot pretty dope

but it hurts my eyes

IT HURTS!

yeah i do kinda wish there was a way to do this without using the spoiler stuff. but hey responsibilty over glamour

I thought Rita was the worst part of a otherwise brettyok flick, I know she's SUPPOSED to be corny but her lines and their delivery were mostly just cringe-inducing.

from what i heard the reason people either liked rita is they thought she did the best of capturing the tone of the series but the rest of the actors are trying to be too serious. so the problem isn't that she's bad, it's that she doesnt fit with what everyone else is doing

>but hey responsibilty over glamour

My heart bleeds

i mean they already said she was gay so obviously it's not a spoiler to say it but is this the reason Adam was villifiied on social media as being a creep?

hearts normally do. it pumps the blood out through the body

Some of the shit in this movie is downright insulting to longtime fans.

>Power Rangers theme plays
>They're doing the classic "Zords running side by side in the desert" scene
>Oh shit get hyp-
>Autism negro is fumbling around in his Zord running backwards like "Hey guys I think I broke it!"

>The fucking megazord tripping right after they form it

Literally spitting in the core fandom's faces.

My eyes hurt

yo that command center. im here for it. it looks completely different than the show but it doesn't look cheesy at all. i fuck wit it

is this supposed to a knockoff of that midget transformer in the 1st transformer movie? i don't fuck with this

different kids. different coins, different coins. different colored KIDS!!!

ok i wasn't with this diversity shit but that line gave me a chuckle

Alpha has been a staple of MMPR for years broham. You're gonna have to deal with that.

really nigga?

they bought star wars episode 1 props from a yard sale

Not him but the ay ay ay ay's from Hader didn't bother me as much as I thought it might.

would you trust him? just cause he's a talking robot

i mean i prefer original design. this midget robot is weird
yeah but this is so weirrrrrrrrd

i gotta say i really enjoy just listening to the ancient language. it just sounds good for some reason. i could listen to them talk in that language the whole movie. Plus they do a good job with the captions

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

spoiler spoiler spoiler

I saw this about a week ago and thought it was kinda really good

spoiler
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

ok zack over here making the face i was making when i heard them talking about the fucking zeo crystal in the first movie? what? why? so is this based off power rangers zeo? wtf is happening?

It's great seeing Cranston in his role, especially knowing how he was one of the monsters in early MMPR

Zeo wasn't mentioned until the season it became relevant, they're just establishing it in the story sooner rather than later. They -wanted- sequels, and with the way the movie has been doing they might just get it.

Is that a Putty patroller?

i find Elizabeth banks to be absolutely repulsive but honestly
im a little turned on right now in that makeup more than a little actually

alright thanks. though in terms of box office it took a serious drop in 2nd weekend. it may still get a sequel but it can't drop too much going forward or they might not get one. dont forget foreign box office helps but there are fees that go along with it that takes away part of the profits from overseas profits

ex-yellow ranger

Yeah, Zeo was always something that was set in AFTER the fact. They're just trying to make it a thing now.

Of course, given the timeline, there were many things that were a "thing" after the fact. Like Samurai Rangers for instance and how they'd been around longer than MMPR.

oh shit Zordon just fucking mentioned Goldar!!! i didn't know he was in this. Get hype!!!! i can't wait to see him!!! MY legit favorite villan from the 1st MMPR legit just got goosebumps thinking about it. hype!

nobody tell 'em.

yeah i wonder now if they going to do the ninjeti stuff lke in the first MMPR movie in 1995

Dis gonna be good

It was in all the trailers

If you're a core fan of Power Rangers and only Power Rangers, you deserve it.

ok seriously fuck this cunt. [thuy trang was a true yellow ranger. you're just a stuck up lesbian cunt who keeps fucking running. you aint no fucking yellow ranger. fucking give up your coin if you don't want it bitch. You are no Thuy Trang [/spoiler]

god i hate the hate the actor playing him but just hearing zordon say "Jason you are the leader" feels so good to hear. This is the kind of attention they should of gave to Jason in the show. And he's getting the pink ranger Kimberly which i can fuck with. that part was 10/10

and i dont entire hate the backstory about Rita. Which is weird. I'm not bothered how they changed it.

I liked the idea of Zordon and Rita being former rangers, and how the megazord bitch slapped Rita into space.

that morphin was looking legit til they honeydicked us. they HONEY DICKED US! I wanna see it!

It's really not a terrible movie, and I feel like it improves upon certain aspects of MMPR that were lacking due to Sabans jewdom and the fact it was more geared towards children. That's not to say it's perfect. Could have done without the hamfisted autism or the rugmuncher, but as a whole the cast is pretty solid. And I like the pick for Jason. Swear there were a couple scenes he scarily resembled ASJ in the first season.

i dont remember the puddies weak spots being there. in fact im pretty sure they don't have anything there. too much girl power. also clear yellow ranger has a crush on the pink ranger

Also I wish they'd have thrown some Wasserman in there. 5-4-1 or Fight, literally anything. It's what made MMPR so good in the first place.

They did, my negro friend. Remember anything about "aim for the Z"? Was second season they started popping up, I think. It was too OP though. I remember Tommy poking one in the chest like a cunt.

this was just the worst product placement i ever seen in a tv or movie since youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

ps my captcha had store fronts which is kinda funny

IS this picture supposed to show something?

Just watched it, probably the same cam rip as you.

Holy shit this movie has one of the worst, most blatant product placements ever. Wow.

Other than that, it was fine. Cheesy, but hey, it's the Power Rangers.

she kicked him in the junk. he dont have junk. he's literally made without junk. he dont fuck. i can't fuck with this

ok imma throw a prediction out there. let's see if i'm right alpha said the zords take the form of the strongest thing on earth. so the zords are probably gonna change from dinosaurs to some other strong animal? gorillas maybe? i hope we see the red ranger zord fight alone though [/spoiler

Oh the nut kick. I thought you meant when alpha said to aim for center mass. I'm tracking now bub. Yeah that shit was gay, but whatever. Cheap chuckles for the younger audience I suppose. Putties were always just comic relief anyhow.

>this was just the worst product placement i ever seen in a tv or movie
>IHOP is a literal plotpoint in MoS

Uh huh.

Watching those scenes gave me that feeling too, so I'm going to save you the trouble now and let you know that they don't really address it at any time during the movie, the possibility that she likes Kim so that's probably us looking for shit since we were told beforehand that she's gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlXep7hzxvg

Based Wasserman

ok when this happened 2 references popped into my head 1. Being a ranger is the same as being a Super Saiyan where it's tied into your emotions rather than just being given. And each ranger has to be triggered in different ways.

2. Not sure if many of you are going to get this reference but the suit itself doesn't look like a power ranger suit. It actually reminds of a comic and a low budget 90s movie called The Guyver.

yeah i suppose i gotta let it go a bit. they haven't really explained them in the movie so idk if they have the same way of being created

not really a spoiler. they kinda wrote articles about it and how far they actually go with it so i'm not surprised

Someone just became my nigga.

Shit I forgot about some of the Space songs. Guys a fucking legend.

youtu.be/xGXZ_s_IAXg

youtube.com/watch?v=gkB1gJVNKfI

ok i kinda see why Rita is so divisive now she's some kind of voodoo witch kinda character which is kinda weird with how the rest of the movie is but. But not saying it's the worst idea in the world. The building Goldar thing sounds kinda weird but hey just as long as i get to see that ugly mugg again i dont care! I also wouldn't mind seeing Scorpina

that's legit what it looks like! That movie was actually lowkey sick. Mark Hamill even has a small cameo role in it

alright we breakfast club now also if Billy blew up a lunchbox he'd be in fucking jail not detention. That''s just bad writing. That country music loving fool would be getting ass pounded in prison.

Also funny how he's all autistic and stuff but all of a sudden they around a fire and he's chill and funny as fuck

I still remember laughing about that. The promotions had to bill Mark Hamill as the big screen name, so of if you didn't know any better you'd think he was playing the role of "Sean/The Guyver".

More to the point, the picture I just posted is from the sequel, Dark Hero is also fantastic in it's own right. If you haven't seen it, I strongly implore you to consider making that next in your list. Also, that young man in the picture is the future voice of Solid Snake.

the timing of Rita and her coming into the yellow rangers bed as she just came out of the closet felt very deliberate like they were trying to have a rough lesbian sex scene in their movie. which i fuck with. i haven't looked but im gonna guess there's plenty of adult fanfiction of them together already

there was a sequel? damn i didn't know that. I gotta get on that. If it's a 90s move i'm keeping my expectations low but i still want to see it just to see where it went, thanks for the heads up

Is alpha pregnant on the left?

Of course, knowing what we know about the Yellow Ranger it was really fucking difficult not to get images and scenarios out of my head.

>"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

they knew what the fuck they were doing. It low key makes sense when you think about it, considering Rita seemed to know what everyone was doing every second of the day in the mmpr. Of course she'd know Trini was a carpet munching bitch she could try seducing to the dark side.

>low budget 90s movie
It started as an extremely well known (in japan) anime. So catering to that audience might actually help the movie sales in Japan, where it could struggle since PR's plot is actually 100% american made.

that's because hacks write "autistic" characters as OCD, not actually autistic.

Alpha's a qt grill, so maybe

wait this scene legit confused me. i rewoned it and watched it twice

did she punch a girl in the face and then sent the picture to the guy? is this something about bullying? i legit dont understand kimberly's story about what she did wrong

it seemed like she was trying to really drill home how alike they were. im guessing rita is also [homosaxual]

hard to disagree with you, that was just weird and clearly a idea of being spectrum when convient. as if us REEEEEE can really turn it off when we want

dude....no fuck way! O_o cute/10 i wanna fuck alpha 5

>idea of being spectrum
wait, is he asperger and not autistic?
they're just using the term "autistic" so they can get bonus points?
Cause no one ever considers aspergers to be "diverse"

also, where are you from, you have some interesting phrases.

power rangers plot is not american made is it? well maybe the plot is but the fighting parts were all taken from the japanese series. which btw if you guys don't know original japanese power rangers was not as kid friendly as the american version. that shit was kinda brutal

not sure. he didn't call himself autistic or asperger. When he and jason go to the mine he just says "i'm on the spectrum" then they also show him arranging his pencils which is weird OCD

the correct term you're looking for is "sexting", user.

Or, at least if I am remembering correctly. She had a picture of a former friend nude and sent it out.

They took some of the fighting sequences, and the zords, from a japanese show, but the entire plot was made up by the americans.
Hell, the yellow ranger wasn't even female in the japanese show.
In the japanese show, Rita (Bandora) was a prehistoric witch doctor who sold her soul to the devil to avenge her dead son, who was killed by a T-rex (don't think too hard)
the 5 human tribes each put forth a champion, and those became the first rangers
Zardon didn't exist, and his role was taken up by a japanese office worker who was secretly a super old sage.
He literally revived the original 5 rangers, and the show's slice of life segments were about them adjusting to the modern world.
The dragon ranger was literally the big brother of the red ranger, who were both part of the tyranno tribe, which is kind of why the dragon zord looks closer to an iguanadon than a dragon.
There's a ton of plot changes.

i'll be honest i didn't really care

ohhhhhh. see i was trying to piece it together with the story they talked about earlier where she punched some guys teeth out. it didn't occur to me that that was the issue. though she did just straight up show jason. which was kinda dumb on her part

i had seen a few of the original japanese episodes on youtube. i actually didn't know a few of the things you talked about. the witch doctor part is interesting cause it kinda puts rita in this movie into perspective

Well, she did because that was her trying to get over what she'd done and "forgiving herself" as Jason was trying to put it. She's gotten to the level where she can trust coming to terms with WHY she's a fuck up, so yeah, she's gonna show Jason.

Not him but did you also know that Tommy had to go away for a while because the green ranger ends up dying and loses footage for MMPR? White Ranger isn't even part of the power ranger's japanese counterpart.