Why do you people hate Rick and Morty? Honestly, compare it to most shows we have out now, its legendary...

Why do you people hate Rick and Morty? Honestly, compare it to most shows we have out now, its legendary. I mean lets not forget the alternatives are mostly terrible sitcoms or even more terrible reality TV.

Because it's popular on normie Sup Forums (reddit)

>le epic references
>Totally RANDUMB humour
>"DUDE GOD DOESN'T EXIST LMAO, LIFE IS MEANINGLESS"
Its stupid, only fedora tipping vaping edgelords on reddit like this treash

I have yet to watch an episode. Only thing i know of it is quotes my roommates always make.
>*burp noise* Morty
>Rubadubdub
Shit gets annoying

>dude it's good if you compare it to shit
is not a compliment

>clever writing
I know this thread is bait but isn't half of it literally Justin Memeland making up shit and burping and stuttering?

Because they said god isn't real and people who think god isn't real all wear fedoras and we don't want to be like them or else people will make fun of us on the internet and hurt our feelings.

>randumb humor

That's only showed up a couple times, and each time there was a good reason, which made me enjoy it more than I have enjoyed other "randumb" stuff like that new teen titans show.

In the case of the interdimensional tv episode, the point was that culture is made up of tons of memes and if you aren't familiar with it, it's going to sound like a bunch of nonsense out of context. That's what they were going for with the improvised stuff.

And in that episode with the zany characters that infiltrate your memories, Rick had a bunch of "randumb" catchphrases which were made up by the memory-implanting aliens, and the joke was that he obviously hasn't been saying these silly phrases

I don't see why you get so triggered by a character expressing views you disagree with, the show portrays Rick as an asshole with problems, not as an infallible guy. He can be a super science genius and be wrong about the meaning of life, have you ever considered that maybe that's the actual message there?

>fedora tipping vaping edgelords
Uh... did you forget what Sup Forums is?

This right here is 100% the heart of the matter. Don't let them give you any bullshit, there is nothing more to it than this

Its still good on its own, has an original idea with a lot of fun characters and interesting enviorments, it pulls off references here and there, and has a lot of science humor, but thats just what it is, every show has an identity, thats Rick and Morty's.
I don't really care if you don't like it but come on, its not that bad.

The improv parts are the best parts of the show, along with how they interact with the worlds they put themselves in, unlike some other shows that try to swap enviorments and then have the same thing happen wherever they go, the characters in this rapidly adapt and use the laws of whatever world they're on to solve a problem, and its about more than just "life is meaningless", the point is to find meaning even when there isn't any right in front of you from the start, the show doesn't encourage you to be edgelord faggot from Hatred, far from it, the point is to see that there is no meaning to life inherently, and then decide to find meaning on your own.
Thats what makes it fun.

This.
I see these long rambling posts railing against the show as 'pseudo intellectual,' and I'm left wondering what show Sup Forums watched, and how Sup Forums could be this fucking insecure.
They aren't trying to make any sort of deep statement with this cartoon. It's your run on the mill dumb, but funny, adult cartoon.

>Why do you people hate Rick and Morty

It's really just a few people who either really dislike it for reasons such as reddit or they simply like stirring shit up.

They genuinely try to have Rick and Morty say deep things. Stop being a fag. I can hate shit comedy that is funny once and then runs out of steam when they try to make it have a plot.

Spotted the triggered Christian

Show is great

Sup Forumsturds are joyless pedos

that picture is perfect haha

Yea, thats not what this show is.

Thank you.

Politics and god-botherer butthurt aside, the animation is pretty hideous.

Here you go, you earned it.

Say what you want, there is no fat and arrogance under that coat, only gentleman's charm.

>8 year old meme
>Still the only defense you can muster for your silly fairy tales
I guess if it's all ya got, stick with it

What's with all the redditors shilling this fucking show on here lately? The show is shit. It's fucking garbage that panders to the same kinds of people who liked The Office post season 3. The Rick and Morty youtube video was pretty good. The show is written by low-test men, butchy females who don't want to get married and corporate men in suits who sit around a board room all day and hamfist as many internet references as their time slot will allow

You seem pretty mad about a cartoon, do you get this mad about every cartoon you don't enjoy?

Why do you people hate Rick and Morty? Honestly, compare it to most shows we have out now, its legendary. I mean lets not forget the alternatives are mostly terrible sitcoms or even more terrible reality TV

>cartoon
Comics & Cartoons

Actually its a well written show with compelling characters and interesting dialogue, interspersed is a lot of fun and crazy wolds in the multiverse, space, and everywhere else that science could ever possibly get to.
All the characters have a relatable goal, and it stands out from every other show of its kind for breaking the mold.
It just does so while mainly appealing to people you don't like, so you try to make up shit about it being low budget and "muh liblul prupuganduh"

I've never used reddit in my life, actually.

It's not great but it's not really that bad either.

Because it's well liked by most people, and Reddit likes it, thus plebs here must do the contrarian thing and hate it, just like with everything else.

We are deep into the platinum age of television.

No, user. The only options for shows are NOT shitty sitcoms or reality shows. There are so many channels giving so many different writers chances. There are so many good shows on right now that you're just ignoring to make a dumb meaningless point. YOU like rick and morty that doesn't mean everyone has to. YOU don't know how to find other quality shows, that doesn't mean every one else is as inept as you.

This doesn't even make sense. There are basically an unlimited amount of good shows every year, it's no ones fault but your own that you choose to watch shit tier comedy.

Hello L

aw yeah everyone who disagrees is a contrarian
how typical

Sure, but people don't watch good shit, they watch garbage. Something as good as Rick and Morty becoming wildly popular is a good sign that maybe people are willing to watch something that tries to be clever instead of safe and clean.

Hello R

This. Nihilist masturbatory garbage needs to be removed

hating it turned into an easy obnoxious meme

>*BURPPP* God's not real Morty
>the redditor takes a step back from the laughter to remember that G*d is indeed an opioid for the masses
>Y-y-your parents are fucking idiots Morty every*URP*body is stupid except for me
>the redditor laughs at the joke but knows deep down that he and Rick are one in the same, misunderstood geniuses with no need for human companionship
>WUBALABADUBDUB SCRUPPY POOPY DOOPY DOO
>The redditor gets Rick's edgy sense of postmodern abstract humor and posts a detailed review of the episode praising it's artistic merits
>mmmm get schwifty
>the redditor's mind buckles beneath the weight of its own genius and he escapes into a state of intellectual nirvana

Comics & Cartoons

Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons
I seriously wouldn't give two fucks about some shit cartoon show for kids if it wasn't spammed here when there is a fucking board for that shit.
Protip: if an animation is on a cable tv network, it's not as groundbreaking or quality as you think it is (this goes for Samurai Jack too, should've been left in the past).

tl;dr: go back to Sup Forums

Because Reddit has flooded this place. Look at the site statistics. Even when accounting for mobile users the monthly visitors for most boards have nearly doubled in a short amount of time and so have posts per minute. Where do you think all these users came from? Sup Forums is already confirmed to be flooded with over 20k Redditors over the past couple years.
Sup Forums has met with a significant influx of redditors, it's all in the numbers.

>The alternatives are bad so this must be good

>unironically shitting on big network sitcoms reality TV to make any sort of point
Redditcore post

I post Cartoon shows on Sup Forums because I'm not like those immature people who watch kids cartoons over at Sup Forums lmao!

>most things that are popular I dont like
>something I like is popular
Maybe it's shit like everything else that's popular, ever consider that

there is nothing more safe and clean than proclaming your love to a mcdonalds product.

>Muh strawman
try again faggot.

>being this level of hipster

Everyone has that one thing in their memory they like a lot, and Rick's is a Chicken McNugget sauce. He's a genius, but hes not beyond human vices.