What does Sup Forums think of Japanese film?

What does Sup Forums think of Japanese film?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

onik

when ever there is any CGI in a japanese film, it's always terrible, my main gripe.

help me I think I'm turning into a weeb

Was GOAT until it went to color.

tbqh I haven't seen anything other than Kurosawa films and Tokyo Story

My favorite is this one.

一人の少年がとある少女に恋をします。

直接告白することはできず、なんとか彼女の電話番号を手にした彼は、変な電話番号にもあまり気にせず電話をかけるのですが、実は彼女も彼のことが大好きで、両思いだったのです。このことに気づいた彼は大喜びするのでした。

しかし翌日、彼が昨日のことについて話そうとすると彼女は困った顔をします。昨日彼が電話で話した相手は今彼の前にいるその女の子ではなかったのでした。実は、電話機の向こうの彼女はこの宇宙には存在していませんでした。彼女は並行世界の者だったのです。その並行世界では、逆に彼女が彼に片思いをしていたのですが、並行世界の自分は彼女のその思いに気づいていなかったのです。

何だかんだで、電話で知り合った二人はある取り引きをします。自分のもっとも深く、プライベートな秘密を分け合うことで、相手にいわゆる「並行世界の自分の必勝攻略法」を教え合うのです。

その作戦をもってそれぞれ好きな人を追いかけまわる間に、彼らは自分の世界よりも電話機の向こうの相手のことがもっと好きになってしまいます。お話はそういう恋の本質について問いかけます。

Go watch Twilight Samurai.

>A boy falls in love with a girl in it.

>Can not be confession directly, he was to somehow get her phone number, strange power you make a phone call without too much worry to talk numbers, but in fact she is also his things Daiyoshimi in-out, both It was a thought. He realized that when he realized this, he was delighted.

>But the next day, when he tries to talk about yesterday, she has a troubled face . The other person he spoke on the phone yesterday was not that girl in front of him right now . Actually, the other side of the phone did not exist in this universe. He woman I was a person of parallel world. Conversely, in the concurrent world, she was unrequited love to him, but in the parallel world I was not aware of her thoughts .

>For some reason, the two of us who got acquainted by telephone make a deal. Their more deeply, that share a private secret, so-called "parallel world to the other party you each other teach their winning capture method".

>While chasing each person's favorite with that strategy, they become more fond of opponents behind the phone than in their own world . The story talks about the essence of such love.

fuq he got me too

ケイト愛方法を見つける

His death scene is pure heart warming kino.

Nobody likes your stupid meme, Sup Forums.

あなたはそれが存在するため、ということ書き込むのをやめるべきリマインダー。

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

I just finished watching harakiri and I would definitely recommend watching that

Sometimes I think about Ozu and I cry.

audible kek

K I N O
I
N
O

Alot of the Japanese films of 1945 to 1960 or so are way overrated like 99% of French New Wave films. It's just a hipster faggot trend to gush over anything FNW for some reason. Most of those films are all style and zero substance.

Mizoguchi and Ozu are good places to go next.

That movie rules. Too bad they didn't get to make part 2 and 3.

what I like most about them is their proximity to ancient traditions even post-war, it's like looking back to ancient Greece or something similar

They do science-fiction and cops really well.

what films have substance?

what do you think you're doing?
*teleports behind you*
*unzips katana*
Did you really think you could get away with disparaging my nipponese kino? Did you think I would show mercy?
*beheads you and bisects your torso in two simultaneous slashes*
begone, fiend

As long as Japan isn't part of the plot/setting you're gold.

I don't think I can name a film where that is not a case

>Ozu remained single throughout his life and lived with his mother until she died, less than two years before his own death.
>Ozu died in 1963 of cancer on his 60th birthday. The grave he shares with his mother at Engaku-ji in Kamakura bears no name—just the character mu ("nothingness").

Tokyo Drifter is cool

you're not wrong

that's too much
why was he so depressed?

>mizoguchi
>naruse
>ozu
>kurosawa
>shindo

le overrated xd i hate movies look at me go

Kitano Kino

Style is substance