Salty junior enlisted discovering alot of disgruntled current and veterans of the military...

Salty junior enlisted discovering alot of disgruntled current and veterans of the military. Making a vent and dark humor thread for us to vent. Anything goes. Questions, memes, someone to talk to, lets do this!

Attached: b3787e470d31ddbafd7defced1487161.png (504x704, 75K)

You can't vent something that won't change. Vets anger isn't that newage, " a man is the sum of his actions" hippie shit, it's more like "I'm going to die at 40 from exposure, I'm not spending two hours proving it and being trolled by a bunch of losers I feel bad enough thanks" oh...oh here's a vent, if I ever see one of you spitting "baby killer!" tweens out of uniform I'll color the cement with your ass.

Go to the doctor for every little thing and get it on paper. Never keep a secret, ever.

I can feel the salt and I appeal to you to trust me that I'm not trolling. I need this as much as anyone. I'm 2 years into a 6 year contract and don't know why the fuck I'm still here. The highlight of my day now is bullshitting about the dumb shit we do.

>4 year contract with 24 month extension

So you're a non conventional nerd. Buy candy bars, trade for quals, coast. Yours is the easiest mos.

You need this? What did you expect from a job?

PS if you say some gay shit like "I can feel the salt" again I'm going back to my videogames

6 years with 2 inactive. Joined at 25, I've lived life as an adult. Don't you fucking talk down to me. My biggest issue with the military is being treated like a fucking child and your attitude sums it up perfectly. Everything is fucking toxic and childish. 3 dudes I was in training with went to Korea with me and fucking killed themselves. It fucked me mentally. Yea we have mental health programs but going there comes with stigma and a black mark on drill and recruiting packets.The military only cares as much as much as they are legally required to. I came back drinking myself to death and I'm alone here.

There you go. Got the kid out of you right quick. You have to do something besides drink, you blow your health in just a few years that way.

Go to the rehab. The program sucks but you'll meet other vets. Go back as many times as you need to. You get 100% rating for every 21 days of "inpatient" treatment.

Everything you're saying is true brother. Hmm...less alone, less alone...get wickr. I'll chat.

I've a 2LT of YORKS,been a member of the British Army for comming up to 9 years now, I joined when I were 20 and did my basic at ITC Catterick. Either way my vent is I'm now responsible for training an entire platoon of fresh outa box toy-soldiers in FISH(Fighting In Someones House), for the past month now me and staff have been trying to home in to the toys the basic principles of FISH and they keep fucking up in ways more impressive than the last, I had one guy on excerise that made me question wether or not it was possible for a person to be as retarded as him.

-He threw a blank in a room ready for breach, first on stack and guess what? The cunt throws it in, and just walks in after it like a dog getting his ball back

-later in the same day the same guy is bring given instructionals by staff, he then proceedes to seeming ignore everything we told him and runs around the t-area treating it like an airsoft game, I made him pick up all his spents just as a subtle fuck you haha

In all my time as a soldier I've never met some as dumb and annoying as this guy, how's it going anyway

Oh great, a scuttlebutt nub. It was a good thread.

Canadian here. 12 years in. Current post is as Reg Force (Active Duty) staff at a reserve unit. The stupidity I see on a daily basis makes me want to fucking kill myself. Every Exercise is their first one, it seems.

This thread is for real military.

Kinda weird considering our LT's in the US are overall in charge of our "training" but they're usually the hopeless ones. They're generally overpaid privates.

I tried the Canadian Army first (Canadian citizen living in the US) and they denied me. Looking back I should've tried again because besides the silly french drill sergeants their army seems like a fucking breeze.

You mean the paper pushing, book knowledge butter bars who don't know jack about BOG that are the reason "willful negligence" charges even exist?

Not even book knowledge because land nav is 90% paperwork. I'm in Aviation which seems even worse because they are generally trained and know nothing about aircraft or the lax way we operate. If they knew anything about us they'd be flight LT's and be ghosts until a "mission" comes around.

Choke on a dick, cunt.

Hoping he meant the reserve part. We have lots of opinions here in the US about reserve and National Guard soldiers. As a Canadian Citizen and US resident in their Army I know the history of the Canadian Forces. Our numbers may be small but we've fought bravely in every world conflict since WWII and as far as I know still hold the record in longest sniper kill. I am truly jealous of the Canadian Forces.

Yeah, I'm not a reservist. I just work at a reserve unit because the Army doesn't trust reserve units to run themselves. Have been for the last 3 years, but next posting season I should be back at a real unit.

Posting season? Summers are the biggest transfer time for us because of high school students joining and it all flows up. You guys have a certain period where they move everyone?

If you're getting moved, you'll usually get the message in Apr or May for a June or Jul posting. Not always, but that's when the bulk of movement happens because that's when the least amount of exes are happening.

its about the same here. I'm only on my 2nd duty station but orders came in January both times and I flew out in june both times.They call it the "summer swell".

We are supposed to get our orders 6 months out. If we got them 1 or 2 months out like you our guys would bitch to no end

There's really no reason to fight other than incentives like education, pay or status.

Other than that your just fighting someone elses fight for nothing. You are just a number in the governments book, remember that. Leaving your family for pride is the most selfish idiotic thing to do. Leaving your kids for pride is just stupid.

We're supposed to get them 30 days out for a TD (Temporary Duty - any posting or task less than 6 months) tasking and 60 days for a posting. In actuality I've gotten TD orders 2 days prior in some cases.
When I got my last posting message, I was on a 6 month Ex and my wife had to do all the leg work on finding and buying a house at our new post because we didn't want to live in the Married Quarters.

Sorta ironically I guess, the reason i joined was I felt unfulfilled every winter (typical depression in hindsight) and had an image of a Canadian UN soldier walking in a convoy in the desert. I wanted to be the modern "white knight". I believe in what's right, I believe in humanity, I believe in the Truman Doctrine. But jokes on me, that's not what we do anymore. But now I'm deep in it, no further education since joining, broke all the time, and junior enlisted. The one upside is I came home. I'm in Ft Drum, NY and my home is 2 hours away. The pride is fucking strong though. Its the only reason I'm still here. I can get out at any point, anyone can. But mentally we fucking can't. It's like Stockholm syndrome.

Is married quarters on post housing or like a weird barracks? Our married soldiers are fucking spoiled and I wish I was one. Triple the pay and a house no one can come "inspect". The reason our divorce rate is so high, Privates will put a ring on any girl that breathes.

After 12 years, I don't know if I could handle civilian work. Sure the military is fucking dumb sometimes, but at least everyone around you gets it, and you're not working to make a profit for some company - at least not directly. Your value isn't dependent on your ability to make sales. Also, the Canadian Military is one of the best paid in the world, so I'm not hurting financially.

On post housing, but most of it is old as fuck. Our quarters on our last post were built in the 50s, so we bought our own place. We get what's called PLD - Post Living Differential, which means we get paid more if we're posted somewhere that has a higher cost of living than the national capital. I live in one of the most expensive areas in Canada, so my PLD pretty much covers 3/4 of my mortgage.

I've only been in for two years. I remember the civlian side vividly. Wtf is my boss going to do, counsel me? Make me do push ups? The only advantage we have in the military is it's difficult to fire us.

We get COLA for expensive areas ( Cost of Living Adjustment). I got $100 every two weeks for it living in the barracks, it was fucking nice. Our on post housing is run by civilians which immediately means better quality than the barracks. Korean apartments were fucking niiiiice. You always have a choice though. You cant live on post and lose all of your housing allowance or live off post and get paid it in full and pocket any difference.

Another reason I want to go back to a real unit instead of babysitting reservists is so I get my LDA back. Land Duty Allowance. We used to get Field Pay when we were deployed on Exercise, but then dudes started complaining that Navy pers get Sea Pay even when they aren't at sea, as long as they're posted to a ship, so now Army dudes get field pay even when we're not in the field, as long as we're at a field unit. That's pretty much an extra $500/month.

500 for the chance of going to the field? WTF? Thats just a given for us. And what do we get? Wet underwear and socks and some shitty MRE's.

Here I am thinking I'm in the lap of luxury because I'm in my own bedroom with a common kitchen and bathroom and you guys get paid the majority of one of my paychecks to go to the field.

The actual amount you get for LDA is some arcane calculation that depends largely on how much time you've actually spent in the field during your career. A new private would probably get a couple hundred bucks if he was lucky, while a crusty old Warrant who's been in since Jesus was a Cowboy would probably get closer to 700. 500 was just an estimated average.

Here's an idea: if you don't like it then maybe you shouldn't have been such a fuck up that you had to enlist at 25 you fucking retard. The system isn't out to get you, it's just lazy fucks not doing their job just like you're a lazy fuck who doesn't do his job. Get rid of the victim complex you rucking pussy

No no...it's easy for you to BE fired. It's impossible to GET fired. You have to be a special kind of trash not to fullfil the military's warm body requirements

Not biting.
Going to bed, thanks for showing me I should've pushed with the Canadian Forces. Good luck to you and your family, they seem to be treating you well!

If you can tie your own boots and mostly show up on time, that's all you need to be successful.

2/1?