Blade Runner 2049

>The plot revolves around LAPD Officer K (played by Ryan Gosling), a new blade runner, who unearths a terrible plot which could end life as we know it. On his journey to try and rectify this dire state of affairs he discovers Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former blade runner who hasn't been seen for 30 years.

>Release Date: October 6, 2017

Will it be kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human
bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_3:_Replicant_Night
bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_4:_Eye_and_Talon
youtube.com/watch?v=h-iwkkk6El0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ryan Gosling
No

he is a problem indeed
I don't think I'll pull it off

I hope, I like G-Dawg. but I don't think he has the acting chops for it. He just doesn't fit the bill.

Also

>a terrible plot which could end life as we know it.

That doesn't inspire confidence in the plot, at all.

He's not even trying anymore

Drive 2049 will be great

Oh and how could I forget, the only reason I actually have faith for this and am excited is because Dennis Villenvue is directing. I fucking loved Sicario and Arrival and Prisoners/Enemy weren't bad either.

>it is ok you only need to show up during the shooting of the movie and get a large sum

I blame who ever thought putting him in was a good idea.

Also, does this directly conflict with the Deckard is a replicant theory?

>a terrible plot which could end life as we know it

jesus christ, and i thought nothing could even come close to;

>rebellious troublemaker lara croft (alicia vikander)

this fuckin timeline..

I think he was a reptilian not a replicant

>Harrison, we're doing another Blade Runner. We need you.
>Sure, that'll be $25 million and I get to wear my Hanes shirts because I can't be bothered to actually try anymore
>o-okay

The only question worth asking is; will it have a cute robot waifu?

He still looks more charismatic than Ryan

He could just be another one now.

>keeping the old guy around

whyyyyyy

because nostalgia sells

read the books
rundown of extra stuff from the books aswell
>dekard is human
>Rachael lives in a storage pod to prevent her from dying of age
>the human that Rachael is baised off of gets involved in the story of the 2nd book
>she kills Rachael and pretends to be her to get the love she deserves
they live happy lives on mars
Anything the movie pulls off is a tear of the canon

I'm sure it'll be explained by him being an advanced replicant that can age a lot longer than normal ones

That feels lazy.. Also, they were programmed to die after 4 years.

Yeah, but the theory was that Gaff was the memory bank. Gaff's back, baby.

Bringing back Deckard was a mistake. This movie will not only likely be shit but it will also damage Blade Runner in the process because of Deckard.

no we know that is the human among humans in the book but shitty director of the movie told that he was a replicant in the movie
even ford got mad

they would probably just spin it like there are secret advanced replicants who dont age as fast and they are used as blade runners or some shit

I don't get nostalgiv when I watch old harrison ford though, I just get sad.

You mean the original Philip K Dick novel? Are there more than one, just besides Do Androids Dream?

Were there any novelizations of the movie that expanded the story?

There was Total Recall 2070 but that was sort of mix-n-match PKD. It was more blade runner than total recall, surprisingly.

>what I would watch
Katana wielding half cyborg cynical japanese blade runner cutting down a new line of vicious replicants

>a terrible plot which could end life as we know it.
Flop
The day-in-the-life aspect was what made Blade Runner great

>unearths a terrible plot which could end life as we know it.

Oh boy. Another "saving the world against all odds" story. How riviting.

I feel like this is just some shit generalization of the plot from what ever magazine/site that blurb was from. I can't imagine this movie is going to have some end of the world plot.

Seriously it better not.

This is going to be awful in all honesty.

I just feel like that would really be shitting on the original.

I just can't find any good reason for him to return as Deckard. I also have kind of grown to dislike old Ford as an actor. At least he was decent in TFA.

>unearths a terrible plot which could end life as we know it

Already misunderstanding the basic foundation of cyberpunk

Sorry but whats the memory bank?

I also just watched the movie for the third time 2 weeks ago.

This.

Having a slower, less grandiose story allowed the audience to full absorb the world of Blade Runner. It allowed the plot and characters to remain relatable and sympathetic while also allowing us to fully take in the science fiction setting.

The scope and pace of the story is one of the key differences between neo-noire kino and a sci-fi thriller flick.

Sean Young had the memories of Tyrell's niece. Who has blade runner memories?

Except todays audience doesn't want that unfortunately.

Trust me I know, I took 4 of my friends to see the original 2 weeks ago and they all hated it. We're all in our late 20's.

That and you can't animate grit onto CGI trash.

Fucking millenial normies

Is this just for the magazine or does no one know how to make things look grimy?

>Here, just take this and smudge a little around Goslings face. Whats that? nah don't worry about the clothes or car. And uh, if I remember right the original movie had neon lights right, like a gay club or something,right? Yea, more neon light, just shit tons of neon. PERFECT. I think we really captured the Blade Runner atmosphere. Good work guys.

Deckard can't be a state of the art replicant. He got his ass handed to him by all the fugitives in the movie.

it's just for the magazine, they always have cheaply thrown together shit

Blade runner was not a large scale film and the themes that made it great would not fit one. It's going to suck dick.

That's a relief.

if he could stop smirking all the fucking time he'd be able to cultivate a little gravitas

>Ryan, this is a serious scene, please stop smirking

>who unearths a terrible plot which could end life as we know it.

No it won't.

>"Harrison, what the fuck you were supposed to be in make-up two hours ago? Go get the damn costume on...Wait, where are you going? I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, COME BACK, I'm sorry, yeah, you can do your shoot with your tee on. It's...it's fine"
>"That was great, let's do another one. Harrison, this time you could look more like... Harrison, where are you going? W-we're not done yet. Harrison PLEASE...Sigh, I suppose we are done for today."

based on the fact that ford is in it, absolutely not

Just a question, but doesnt this completely ruin the concept that Deckard could have been a replicant himself? They had like 5 years of life, 7-10 at the absolute max.

Read the thread, I brought this up, also brought up it in the other BR thread.

I'm laughing so hard

You think I read other threads on this shit?
I saw the OP and asked the simple question. Who cares if its my post or your post who gets answered, so long as we get an answer.

This isnt reddit and there is no upboats friendo. No unique snowflakes.

yes.
>Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human
>Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night
>Blade Runner 4: Eye and Talon
Unlike the first (Do Androids Dream) these ones were straight up called Blade Runner 2, 3 and 4
And they were made so that you could read them thinking it was the book (Do Androids Dream) or think of it as continuing from the movie
it gets meta in the third book where Deckard is an adviser on a movie that is based of the events of what happens in the blade runner movie

Yesterday's audiences didn't like the original Blade Runner either. Test audience's didn't understand the film at all hence all the studio interference with the theatrical cut. It's considered a classic now after more serious critical analysis but remains a film that's not easily digestible by a general audience.

>. Who has blade runner memories?

Wait wait what? What memories of her where of a Blade Runner?

>You think I read other threads

I'd hope yeah, why else are you here? I didn't bother explaining since others did it better.

If hes a replicant it will probably be cop out and turn into him being a "super advanced" replicant that can age and live longer.

Not hers.

Holy fuck.

I'm totally going to read these.

Are they written well? I've never really read "extended universe" kind of stuff before.

I'm sorry I'm not getting, but are you implying then they weren't his nieces? And once again what makes them "Blade Runner" thoughts, what were the thoughts? I don't specifically remember. I just remember them being things like of her mother and being a child.

>unearths a terrible plot which could end life as we know it

There was also a game that was sort of coincident to the original film. Side-story with identical expy character but new story.

She has implant memories therefor any other secret replicant would also have to have memory implants from someone. Gaff is that someone, probably. That's why Gaff knows his dreams.

I'm pretty sure its a really shit generalization by Entertainment Weekly of the plot that they got from hopefully some PR person or someone who as well doesn't even know wtf the movie is about.

We can only hope user. Have faith, he won't let you down.

A game? What kind? Like a vidya game? Does it still hold up?

>bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human
>bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_3:_Replicant_Night
>bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_4:_Eye_and_Talon
Just read those and you should be good.

Yes a video game, point and click adventure with some great tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=h-iwkkk6El0

Westwood games, it's pretty good I guess. It's got this sort of random story generation where you're never really sure who's a replicant including the main character.

I thought you meant Racheals implanted memories were from a Blade Runner. I misunderstood.

Also, why did nobody care more about Deckard revealing to Racheal that she was a replicant. I feel like that was a big fucking deal considering she didn't know and that she was an "experiment". They seemed to of just brush it off, I forgot if someone said something to him but I dont recall.

like if Tell Tale remade Snatcher.

He didn't consider her human enough to care til he broke her on accident. Then he drunk dials her n shit.

no director can save shit writing

MCCOY 88F
MCCOY 88F
MCCOY 88F

That actually sounds really cool and it doesn't look half bad.

Telltale is shite in comparison, come on.

Thanks user.

I was pulling the piss saying its Snatcher with Tell Tale graphics
you know, like they did with grim fandango and those other remakes

>Frank Klepacki did the soundtrack
Neat

fucking sucked when they killed his dog

Well it was Westwood, before the neverending EA nightmare.
>only have 3/4 original in-box CDROM discs left
Life is hell

just download it, it won't run on modern OS's without some extra shit in the torrents anyway

Hah, I already have. Also I don't run a modern OS, I run GNU+/?linux. I am contractually obliged to mention that.

A FUCKING T-SHIRT

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

T
S
H
I
R
T

Looks like shit. Harrison Ford belongs in a retirement community.

Yeah seriously what the fuck, and its not a flattering one either..

It's going to be garbage like every other pointless sequel/remake.

I hope you are ready for another Prometheus tier shitstorm.

Its probably the one he showed up in aswell.
>they couldnt even get him to put his costume on

>the Tyrell corporation was actually created by Jesus

>Harrison Ford belongs in a retirement community.
>not museum

you had one job.

He belongs in a morgue

>October 6, 2017
WHY? FUCKING WHY!?
Thought it was coming in May. FUCK

Rachel has the nieces memories, it's implied Deckard may have Gaffs memories when his dreams align with Gaffs origami figurines, implying Deckard may be a replicant designed to kill other replicants all Along
"You've done a mans job"

>Officer K

how kafka-esque will this be?

Man I was thinking about Men in Black, not Kafka

That pic looks awful.

There's no cyberpunk aesthetic at all.

>2049 is just Gosling being told he's an android the entire movie and has a year to do his job until they take him back for 'retirement'

It's just a shitty promo image most likely whipped up my EW.

Check out the trailer, the aesthetic seems to be one of the things they will get right.