Bond 25: Daniel Craig 'set to return' as 007 after bosses deem Tom Hiddleston 'too smug'

Bond 25: Daniel Craig 'set to return' as 007 after bosses deem Tom Hiddleston 'too smug'

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/bond-25-daniel-craig-tom-hiddleston-who-will-play-007-barbara-brocolli-a7667276.html

"Too smug" is a great summary of why there are so few good leading men in Hollywood these days. They're all just rich kids who had the path to success laid out for them from birth, and it comes across in their demeanor. None of them have ever had to work for a living, none of them have ever even had to live in the real world, and it gives them an air of pampered entitlement.

>"These days"
>Implying this is a new development

Eh, you did used to see actors with a bit of life experience behind them. Harrison Ford, for example, used to work as a carpenter which gave him a rugged world-weary edge, and if comes across on screen.

>too smug
Isn't that how Bond is supposed to be?

this has been the norm for at least three decades, fuck off and stop pretending to be someone active in 1940s holywood

Struck a nerve have I Tom?

The names Bond, Autismic Bond
I'm back, here is my astin martin to compensate for my lack of charisma

And yes, my pants are even tighter than before

Fassbender was a bartender, Amy Adams worked at Hooters, and Tom Cruise grew up in near-poverty and was abused by his father.

There have been and always will be a few spoiled brats in the industry and a few people who actually dragged their way to the top.

he looked badass enough to back up that smugness

>a few spoiled brats

The people you listed are the exceptions to the rule, and it shows in their screen presence. All three of those actors have something genuine about them which most of Hollywood seems to be lacking.

Wish i could have been at that hooters...

There are exceptions to that rule, too

Orson Welles was a fucking brat and look where it got him

>tfw youll never be a regular at fassbenders bar

I wouldn't have minded Hiddleston as Bond, but 'too smug' sounds like a bullshit excuse. He's an actor, you can tell Hiddleston to stop being so smug. It's really not that hard. So it sounds like it was either a suits decision or a money thing. Or something.

Good, Tom Hiddleston fucking sucks.

>too smug

That's an easy way of saying Hiddleston looks too much like a faggot.

Idris Elba when?

His most famous movie is about a silver spoon kid who gets even richer, sounds about right

And it's considered one of the greatest films of all time

How about that

I wanted Clive Owen to be a Bond. Christian Bale could do it as well I think. Gerald Butler is a bit old but he could do it too. I'd love Hardy to be one but he's a bit too short (5'10 or something, right?). Jude Law could do it bit he's 5'10 as well. Sam Worthington is like 5'7. Joseph Fiennes is 5'9.

I honestly can't think of any right looking 30 year olds that can do it. Redmayne is too young. Cavil is losing his hair. Colin Firth basically played that role in Kingsmen. Garfield is too young. Robert Patterson doesn't look right and is small as well.

This sucks.

elizabeth debeki liked working with him. is she pompous too?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you're a pampered rich kid, since you're so desperately defending Hollywood nepotism. Ohhh hang in, it's you isn't it Max

It's almost as of this awful old series is begging to be put out of it's misery

Either that or we should just let Idris Elba play him already

Good, he's based

I wish

The only people who don't like nepotism are the vast majority of us who get left out of it

I just wanted to point out an example where it actually worked out. Might be the only one but still, it's there

>the only people who don't like nepotism are the vast majority of us

they don't actually mean 'smug,' they mean 'he's a wanker'

which he is

it should just be timothy dalton's son or something

Spotted the roasie

It should be me. I'm 194cm tall. My acting can't be worse than Craig.

Henry Cavill with Bond movies return to Brosnan-era badassness. Make SPECTRE haters on suicide watch again.

>mfw if Cavill will be essentially in all major spy franchise, while continue being Superman
Very good.

See this guy he's right, Cavill is losing his hair in the wrong places. But who knows. There isn't many good options left outside unknowns and no exec would risk that on a franchise which will make the money back by using a big name.

No he doesn't. Please stop with this shitty meme and go back to rëddit or r9k.
And even if he does, it didn't stop Connery.

Hi Cavill.

And Connery was a great actor, Cavill isn't desu famalam, whoa Black Betty famalam, whoa Black Better famalam.

Purposefully evading spam filters is against the rules. Enjoy your ban.

>Amy Adams worked at Hooters
Mama

Can we have a gay Bond now then?

Smug for movies, not for work.

Fuck off brainlets.

James Bond will never be good again because they try to appeal to minorities and feminists, it's literally impossible to write a ladykiller-spy who travels to exotic locations without treating on some cunt's toes.

Probably never because Bond doesn't have a mental illness.

I think it's highly likely we'll see an "Asian" James Bond in the next 25 years

n.b. In Britain, Asian means paki/indian/poo

Hiddleston was great in kong. Just because he played Loki doesn't make him smug

Which is true. They are part of Asia. That's why it's called the "Far East". They're East Asians. What other name could be used to include the billion odd people in that area?

All the peoples of the continent of Asia can be called Asians, my point is that in the UK, this is used unanimously to refer to this sort of brown curry people. The Far East may as well not exist, Japanese and Koreans only come here to study, Chinese only exist to sell off national services and set up take-aways

James Bond has always had a receding hairline.

I don't think Hiddleston is wrong for Bond, Bond is just a shit character long past it's use-by date

Hair loss is a non-issue, he can always get a transplant.

t. Someone who has never been to the UK

Dan Stevens is an acceptable answer

Too young. Bond is supposed to be an aging agent.

the last good Bond was Brosnan.

Craig bonds have been like watching a bond film written by yanks

The lack of greentext means that's you. lol

Its a huge problem for the creative arts in the UK specifically at the moment. Even The Guardian has written articles about it and they think a diverse background for journalists means hiring from the more obscure Cambridge colleges occasionally.

Christian Bale would be cool, but I don't know if he could be believable as suave/cool. He has a working man's British accent, not a bong so I don't know what local area it is, but you know what I mean.

I just imagine him as Bond trying to be Patrick Bateman or something.

Daniel Craig is only 5'10".

Yeah I'm not sure if charming and suave is really in Bale's repertoire.

Got your new bond right here

Face is too ratish

oh shit
if he can get his accent in line he'd be a great choice

Don't be fooled, the chick in this pic is wearing heels and is like 6' without them
Nicolai is about 6'2 himself

more the reasons why Tommy Boy will always be /ourguy/

Huh. Then Hardy could do it.

He would. He has action choreograph training as well due to Batman.

To add to this. What about Mark Strong?

>Danish

Bong has always been closely related to the UK. Irish and Australian are the only non-Brits I can remember.

>it's a Sup Forums poster obsesses over an actors height and hair episode

or you want the right person for the job, pretty sure Bond was near 6ft tall, having a 5'7 guy in isn't going to work. Having the wrong hair style or type won't work either.

Might as well put fucking Noel Fielding as Bond, then. Or Richard Ayoade.

Why do the producers keep neglecting the best choice?

>pretty sure Bond was near 6ft tall

I hate to break this to you, but he's a fictional character. He's not real.

D A N S T E V E N S
A
N

S
T
E
V
E
N
S

There's something ironically very effeminate about how all the lads obsess over Bond, don't forget to buy shitty watches, cars cologne sets boys

How has nobody brought up Fassbender yet? I could easily see him starring in a great, Dalton-esc bond flick

I wish I could be the next Bond, I bet its a super fun job

He's got the wifebeating alcoholic part down at least

Good post.

Because he's an Irish-German, two of the countries which hate Britain for some reason. Having him play a British icon, based on a WW2 British officer, is a bit of a cheek.

Because he can't act and has the charisma of a potato.

Jude Law is the best desu

Handsome, Smart, Intelligent and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.l

is that Brendan?

Yes he can. Have you even seen Man from UNCLE? He was great there.

"Not tough enough," why doesn't that bitch watch him in Coriolanus? He'd be a great Bond.

>Amy Adams worked at Hooters

Pics?

She's right though.

I marathoned the first episode of The Night Manager and there was an absolute lack of sincerity to everything he said.

It was to the point where it broke the immersion because I was looking at the other characters and thought how could they look at this guy and even for a second believe he's not scheming on them?

Unfortunately dude is 4eVerLoki.

After Cregg m8

Wtf are you on about none of this is remotely true.

Most big name actors are nothing more than a restaurant waiter that just happened to Suck the right Jews dick at the right time and got a break.

Most actors come from trash except for 2nd generation like Kiefer Sutherland.

On a related issue. if dude from The Leftovers is not the next Logan then Fox is fucking retarded.

Tom is not a good actor, neither is Daniel but at least he can brute force his way through a Bond movie

John Stewart reporting.

>Clive Owen

Don't you mean Clive Warren?

And you should see this: