Be honest: do you actually believe you are smarter than average?

Be honest: do you actually believe you are smarter than average?

Attached: smug.jpg (450x355, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-iq-by-country/)
youtube.com/watch?v=3wjAgE6CrpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

No. I'm certain I'm of below average intelligence with 35 years of data to back it up. It's just a reality I'm not being down on myself.

I have taken 4 different IQ tests over the course of 2 years with the lowest score @128 and het highest @141 averaging out at about 136.
With the average IQ in my country (the netherlands) being 100 (worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-iq-by-country/) i'd say yes..

Did you ever consider joining Mensa?

hell no

Shitty IQ tests over the internet graciously suck my dick telling me how I am smarter than average all the while selling my data to the tech overlords who run this shit, so... maybe.

Probably not considering.

I am a mensa member - no shit. So yes.

i used to, but looking at the last few years and wtf is happening i would say im getting to the avrg

Nope, I'd say I'm pretty average

my iq is 110. yes.

I'm white, so yes. True? Who knows

> (OP)
Country? :3

Did once upon a time, probably was once upon a time, but years of alcohol abuse have fucked that up.

I have a good memory, and learn things quicker than most, but I'm definitely not above average any more.

Smarter than average yes. A genius fuck no. But good God I know some fucking retards.

I completed 3 different examinations between the ages of 18 and 20. Results were 148, 148, and 151.
Pretty sure thats wicked smaaat

>and learn things quicker than most,
uhm...

I'm an alcoholic and I hate everyone. So by default, yes, since that's how most intelligent people live their lives.

I was smart enough to understand that most people think they are smarter than average, and so i can only know if I'm really smarter than average if i get tested (in retrospect, understanding all that kind of means I'm smarter than the average person) so i went for an official mensa test (the proper one, not the free online shit) and got into the top 2 percentile, which means i can join Mensa if i want.
But to answer your question, something i notice a lot with very smart people (i work with engineers and alike) is they tend to think they are stupid, retarded even. Because they see the mistakes they do and focus on their imperfections, while idiots focus on what they like about themselves and ignore imperfections (also called dunning kruger effect, but i noticed it before i knew it had a name, so it definitely exists)

I'm not the user who you asked, but i do meet the requirements for Mensa and i have looked into what benefits it has so i can also give useful input on that.
Basically you pay a light yearly fee to have a card that says your name and IQ (which i find disgusting) and you get invites to organized hangouts with other members (which i also don't care about coincidentally)

there is something in it, altho don't be confused with 'all alcoholics are smart'

Everyone thinks they're above average OP, the smarter you think you are, the dumber you actually are

I feel I am borderline autistic

Attached: 1569685222338.jpg (640x877, 624K)

we're practically twins

Average is 100 IQ. Last time it was tested, my IQ was at 138 (2 short of being accepted at Mensa at the time). Yes.

wrong lol

I know I'm in the top 5%
The only place I'm not the smartest person around at all times is at work, I'm in the top 5% there too but there's a few smarter ones.
Yes I know I'm highly intelligent and I like it.

people with a high IQ usually don't brag about it

Most people*

Theis is me
And this is true
lol
Lotta smart people cruise Sup Forums
Honetly never found anything near this experience anywhere else which is probably why I keep coming back here

having high intelligence often leads to depression because it makes you more conscious of the retarded human nature and idiocy of others around you and some people can't take that so naturally some take a downfall with alcohol, some with some other drugs or similar

correct, most idiots think they're super smart, while all the smart people i know think they're idiots

The card does not say your IQ. In fact if you take the mensa qualifiers instead of submitting a professionally administrated IQ test you don't get your results. You are either in or not.

i can attest to that, know 4 people including myself who officially meet mensa requirements and i'm confident i wouldn't know it about them if we didn't take the test together. myself i've told noone in person.

Nope. Having high intelligence makes you read "Enlightment Now" by Steven Pinker and be more conscious we're fucking awesome.

thats what my test results stated
reality is as long as dumbasses are rewarded for being dumbasses there's no point in trying really

if you wait 3 minutes i'll take a pic of the official document they send me with my IQ
It might be different from country to country, bare that in mind

No.

I'm a 21 year old college student that understands why it's better to shut up and listen since I don't know jack shit.

I'm not a smart man, but I'm smart enough to save face.

youtube.com/watch?v=3wjAgE6CrpY

Attached: wallpaper_myst_3_exile_02_1600[1].jpg (1600x1200, 361K)

I'm a CS major and I know for a fact I am not smart. Not in any sense of the word. Maybe compared to the average normie, but as far as stem goes I'm definitely at the bottom tier.

I know Im smarter than average, but Im also smart enough to know I dont know shit. Took a few tests online and 125-140. Im also an alcoholic.

>correct, most idiots think they're super smart
see: the dunning krugger effect

Attached: OPblowsNiggers.jpg (1178x1524, 122K)

I have always had above average results on IQ tests and was told I should consider mensa. HOWEVER, IQ tests are fucking stupid and Mensa sounds like soylent central so I'm going to just assume I'm average.

Attached: 1559701494195.gif (500x259, 494K)

Yes. 3.9 for my undergrad degree in computer science, 4.0 for my masters in math. It's unlikely that a person of below average IQ could do that.

Also for all the moron Anons who are quoting IQ as though it means something, there are numerous IQ tests, each with their own scoring levels. 100 in one average in some, it is high average in some. Some go up to 130 some top out around 200. Unless you mention which test you are taking your scores don't mean shit.

Attached: 1327933985819.jpg (500x655, 58K)

I'm on Sup Forums, so, no

The national IQ test I took said that I am. Classes other people struggled in were easy for me. I can handle complex problems easier than people around me. It doesnt really matter to be honest.

Yes, I sometimes regret not doing something more academic I had my own business during college and that continued on to a decent 6 figure job

I'll go take a pic of mine (if I can find it) In the states.

35 on the ACT. Hows that?

I was goimg to try Mensa a few years ago. Took their online thing and it said I could probably get in. My brother found out and started making fun of me saying that is just for bragging and being a douche. I kind of agree, so I gave up

Attached: a.jpg (901x1231, 251K)

You can do that by crunching a shitload of hours.

I have bad grades, but am over average in IQ because I was smart enough to maximize my free time and minimize my time spent studying. And in the end it does not fucking matter what grade you have in school (it's 50% about contacts, 50% personality) so I'm pretty glad I did jack shit to get my software engineering degree.

Yeah I am more intelligent than average, lsat and bar scores are proof, am I a genius? god no, am I entitled to anything because I’m more intelligent? Also no, it’s a tool, how I use it is all that matters.

lmao no im dumb as shit

base on my skin color, yes

Attached: IQWmap.jpg (1869x1598, 1.03M)

Why not?
I dont brag about it because I dont have to but its always been what defines me, hw people view me. Doesnt take very long for people to realize what they're dealing with. Obviously I secretly love being superior to the numbskull normies.
Here I'll brag you dont know who I am. Here on b I can tell people I much I love it.

But secretly I (honestly) wish I was an average IQ tradesman (electrician or something, nothing dirty) living a normal life in a normal house with a beautiful wife (like those sorts seem to get).

But here I am stuck with my bushpig high achiever wife and my smartass kid who's obviously inherited my brain.

I forgot where I was going with this. Thanks for talking to me anyway, I'm so lonely :(

Me dumb

forgot to say, this is not to brag, (where i work i'm probably average or below average anyways).

this is because user at seems legitimate but misinformed so i decided it would be ok to correct that

This

I am, the normal is 100, I have 120

Attached: 1570792320596.jpg (750x669, 69K)

Curious for anons, why did you take you an IQ test that doesn’t get you anything? (In comparison to SAT/ACT, etc). Unless your parents forced you

I'm in the US military and hence had to take an asvab. I scored a 99%, 130+ in every cat. didn't study for it and was hung over on alcohol and meth.

Attached: yozlawbgtmv31.png (640x483, 275K)

I did well in education and a lot of people tell me I'm clever. In reality I know I'm not in comparison to many.

I also hate most things and I'm doing shit.

I don't believe im smarter, i know im smarter

Actually yes, I do.

China is lying

I noticed i understand some things instantly where others around me have issues understanding them even when i explain it further. And the reaction of the toxic people around me was that i'm the idiot that has some stupid ideas that make no sense. So i had for my own inner peace and confidence. I did not brag once to someone IRL.

I was tested at 118 in the fourth grade. Definitely feel average at best

Fuck No

It wasn't hard. I've always been good with math. But all I was saying is a below average person would likely not be able to get good grades. Or run a successful tech business for ten years after graduating. And if the only measure you care about is IQ, I scored well above average.

Making contacts in tech is not easy if you are not competent. Your personality is tertiary to ability and productivity. Engineers of all kinds know this-- they are not the most personable group of people, so they tend toward strong meritocracy.

I'm the user
I'm thinking about what you said and i don't think my country's mensa offers separated qualifiers and just a test. It's the same thing apparently.
The test gives you IQ score and if it's high enough grants you access to membership

No I'm dumb as fuck

Attached: Andys shit.jpg (475x750, 103K)

Attached: 736873673873.jpg (1215x898, 209K)

A below average person putting a shitton of hours can have good grades.

Making contacts in tech is easy with a minimal professional presence online (LinkedIn. Stack, etc.) and going to conferences.
For any normal company, ability and productivity goes below personality; You can be the best dude in the world, if you can't work in a team you're out.

>Be honest: do you actually believe you are smarter than average?

OP is bad at statistics.
IQ has a normal distribution, and thus half of all the people are smarter than average, and the other half is dumber than average.

A more reasonable question would be: do you actually believe that you belong to the smartest 10% of the world population?

But... is IQ even the right way to measure how smart somebody is? I would not say that being smart is synonymous to being intelligent.

nope. smart ppl dont live in their car when they get fired every 6 months.

100 is average. IQ ramps expotentially after that. Most of you ARE NOT above 115. 130 is the top end of functional intelligence ie Jodie Foster. Einstein/Tesla/Van Braun top out socially applicable intelligence around 150. Above this you're talking Pythagoras, Delphi, and people and shit this society is no longer aware of.

115 is clever. I don't want to hear 130 from you asshats unless you literally operated reactors or made plastic from bananas.

Yea. 92 on the ASVAB and a 4.0 in university studying cyber security. Shits easy, it’s literally just recognizing when to use shit. You don’t even have to know what the shit is, just use it.

>I'm a vegan atheist.

*eyeroll*

wut makes u think pythagoras is smarter than ed witten? i bet theat nigga couldnt into string theory

>thinks delphi is a person

lol leet. u are a tru haxxor

you'd be surprised how many extremely intelligent people do nothing useful with it. Something about having very high intelligence makes you want to procrastinate profusely. I'd bet anything that most of the masterminds you mentioned did what they did because it was the only interesting thing to do.
Today is endless shit to do online that is more interesting than thinking about how will the pressure of a gas change if you keep it at the same temperature whilst compressing it or some similar shit that started thermodynamics (that+s the gay-lucass or boyle-mariotte law or some shit like that).
The most intelligent person i know dropped out of college twice and is now at home playing videogames and rotting away.

Sounds like you are working at shit-tier companies.

Team work is important, but that comes down to competence in the end: follow the standards, make life easier for others on the project, get it done. Yeah, if you're an insufferable asshole, you'll get canned. But if you're somewhat autistic and focused on work, you fit in.

If you ard not competent and productive you will never make it past the first interview at s good company. You have to show what you've accomplished in your career, solve problems on the spot, as well as fit in with the interviewers. Average will never cut it.

we are all rotting away u fgt

> you will never make it past the first interview at s good company.
That's why contacts are #1. Interviews are for dummies who go through the front door.

Megalulz. Your Trumpsmart.

Attached: image-1458464-520_poster_16x9-mdyj-1458464.jpg (520x293, 26K)

That was a full facial. 0dem chess at its finest.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com(4).jpg (474x261, 21K)

meanwhile the smartest people i have talked to work shit tier jobs/don't work at all... but hey, muah company is beta

assuming you really are super intelligent, not just some idiot who is lazy and thinks he's a genius: not all of you are rotting away.
I've met some brilliant people at my university that are doing just great in life. The kind that makes me (iq 131) feel like a toddler that keeps hitting his head against the table by accident.

I don't know what is it that separates them from you, the rotting-away kind. They seem to somehow just not suffer from depression and extreme introvercy and lack of will to do anything.
One thing i noticed as a pattern (but i'm not declaring that is the always the case) is that they, even thou they are very obviously geniuses, they do not ever think they know everything, they always assume there is more to know, and they never discriminate less intelligent people by imposing their intelligence.

While on the other hand, most rotting-type geniuses think they're the smartest and everybody else is retarded shouldn't even have the right to speak. Generally your type tends to use your intelligence as your own identity and a way of measuring your worth against others (as if intelligence is all a person was)

Ditto. Doesn't mean I condone it.

fuck no i barely now how to read

>thinks saying "no" is intelligent

Smarter than the average bear!

of course i am. most people aren't very bright at all, i'm a genius compared to them.

kek

Are you really smart or just denying your retardation? Solve this, there is one instant win legit answer to it.

Whats the difference between a kid and a dwarf?

the amount of phosphorous in their ears

Yes, but I'ma one trick pony, and that slim beast has carried me

I know it. I had a proper IQ test by proper IQ test people and they said I was “well over the 95th percentile”.

the kid is a kid and the dwarf is a dwarf. what a stupid question.