I finally got around to watching this, i don't understand why it got such high praise

i finally got around to watching this, i don't understand why it got such high praise.

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-1.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>why it got such high praise
Closet paedophiles and the anime-esque infantilised appearance of the main character.

who gave it high praise?

Honestly I didn't mind her appearance. It was the hokey direction/angles/sequencing of the movie that made it shit. It had all the feel of the fucking Lost In Space remake from a few years ago, or the fucking Riddick garbage.

go ask Sup Forums

Did it get high praise? I still cant believe they animated her eyes to look like animu eyes...

It went up against Captain Marvel at the time.
Wouldn’t be surprised if people just liked it out of spite.

Not saying it was bad; I haven’t seen it, but it’s the only reason I can think of.

Maybe it just has a niche appeal.

Graphically it was pretty impressive. Story wise it was fucking stupid. The plot felt like an afterthought rather than the focus of the fucking movie.

i like anime grils but this shit gives me nightmares

Attached: 2E7CFB3F-38B9-4C41-B4D8-41EB32C4D7A9.jpg (876x719, 119K)

it isn't bad. i didn't like her at first but she ends up having a cute personality. movies don't have to affect your life like you just climbed mt. everest. it feels that way when you're young but you need to stop expecting it. you'll never have that again and if you do, it'll be very rare. i watched "good boys" last night and laughed my ass off and shook my head at losers who were annoyed and disgusted that they made the kids do a film like this but i bet those same reviewers would be shocked at what "south park" has become.

user ratings

Attached: alita.png (1303x1412, 148K)

>i finally got around to watching this, i don't understand why it got such high praise.
Its an ok movie, mainly because of the actress having really good emotional depth. Otherwise its just a super-female-from-birth type movie and she's surrounded by cuck subservient males.

It's a fun movie and Alita a C U T E

Attached: 2019-02-01-12.png (1920x788, 532K)

she seems retarded and the writing is terrible.

Not enough r34

Alita is for hugs, snuggles, holding hands, kisses on the forehead, walking arm and arm, and all things otherwise pure and wholesome.

ALITA IS NOT FOR LEWD!

Attached: 1567200568433.jpg (2000x1067, 242K)

Alita: WHAT AM I, I KNOW YOU KNOW.
Ido: wtf bitch, you're more than 20 times older than i am, the fuck am i gonna know.

Attached: alita_trailertwo.jpg (1100x620, 88K)

character development is terrible

Attached: Capture.jpg (1920x795, 89K)

Because earnest caring women are hard to come by today or forever. She was willing to give him her heart 'literally'

kekkles

It wasn't a perfect film by any means, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

One reason it gets high praise is because the MC is a decently done female character, the kind of strong female lead that SJW Cinema fails to capture.

Tbh, the story is kind of cramped, some stuff happens too fast, and some scenes are just kinda embarrassing (that chocolate bar makes no god damn sense, why was it so huge?) The boy's story line was pretty predictable, and the scene where OTHER CHARACTERS lead her to a sunken ship for the lolz ends with her getting another memory flashback, turns out she's related to the people who had been on the ship and there was one robo body remaining that she could take home to upgrade herself. That scene was just way too convenient, way way way too convenient.

But, despite the flaws, the movie was a lot of fun to me, I enjoyed the action. Not perfect, but it was good.

But yeah, I'll admit, MC makes me rock solid, so maybe I'm just biased af.

Alita came out around the same time as Captain Marvel (CM). Incels/autists hate the CM feminist roots so they tried to prop up Alita while review bombing CM.
Is what it is I guess.

Attached: Sprite.TrollFace.Votar4Me.png (1280x1024, 718K)

It was a woman playing the role. Media gets so hard on that.'

Same here, OP. I came across it on the menu screen and thought, "Oh, I heard people liked this. I feel sort of in the mood for this. I'll rent it." Meh. I was too old for it. It's made for a young audience, which I'm sure is fine for them. But for older viewers, it won't be as satisfying.

Who would have thought a bunch of sex-deprived nerds would give a niche movie catering precisely to their tastes high ratings?