Post your views and perspectives

Post your views and perspectives.
What's the meaning of life and what are your personal philosophies.
Let's make this an interesting thread

Attached: 20191030_202731.jpg (720x805, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
youtube.com/watch?v=HaFuJr0IE5k
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't believe in a hell. Being punished for eternity for decisions you made in a lifespan of 60-80 years is like punishing a toddler for the rest of its life because it had a naughty day.

We most likely won't find an answer to these questions in our lifetimes, so better make the most out of it.

I don't really believe in self or personality.
I think they are just a tool we use to make sense of reality and avoid an existential breakdown.

The purpose of life is the replication of desire. Basically, the only thing that makes life livable is having something you desire, and pursuing it. Any other lifestyle will eventually destroy your sanity. Desiring in the only thing that'll save you

The universe - all is mental, all is mind

Attached: 75121A2C-940E-475E-ACA8-7F9336ADEF38.gif (400x533, 32K)

You... I like you.

well, maybe in the end reality is like punishing a toddler for the rest of its life because it had a naughty day... who knows

actual true philosophy inbound

Attached: 1474233509560.png (3630x1615, 783K)

tell us more about what led you to this

Wtf is this pseudo-historical bullshit

The meaning of life is... you know sometimes I wonder!

hey watch your mouth there laddie

Attached: 2b1ff4ee2193372a0a389f612b4f84bb.jpg (587x480, 46K)

I agree with op! work for something you desire and you'll find yourself satisfied when you boil everything down you are left with 7 we are all connected through sin find out what your desire is and build on that you'll eventually be a satisfied individual

Attached: 2357267257_1eca15c03f_b.jpg (784x1024, 265K)

The closest I've ever felt to enlightenment is playing a board game.

Attached: goseigencumple99ac3b1os.jpg (638x925, 83K)

tell us about it

Attached: B0C55DC7-8FDD-4885-831C-AF86B1133C5A.jpg (897x900, 289K)

What about Buddhist monks? Are they all insane for getting rid of desire? Or is their pursuit of enlightenment a desire in itself?

Attached: the-earths-magnetic-field-at-the-surface-from-the-world-magnetic-model-for-2010.jpg (640x427, 82K)

from my experience the purest form of enlightenment is to desire to take what you want, we are an odd bunch so go with the flow and see where it takes you. Buddhist monks are the work of another race they got everything wrong

When I play a serious game of go with a worthy opponent on my fine floor board and slate and clamshell stones, I swear to you it's dual meditation. Two individuals enacting out the entirety of the cosmos on the goban. New ideas, perspectives, solutions hint at themselves, encoded within the game. A deep understanding of the other player is also exposed. With a familiar opponent, I can feel their frustration or whimsy, their attitude and emotion, their experiences and naivety.
Not a word needs to be said but a solid hour or two game feels so introspective yet conversational.

Attached: meditation.png (810x1080, 1.48M)

sometimes i think the pee pee cannot exist without the poo poo

Even If we are nothing more than collections and atoms and strings of molecules doomed to replicate until our very genetic coding fails, then our lives can still hold meaning.

If you're not living for the benifit of others, than you are not living at all.

Attached: 13-21664-large-b12e81ec59ec77bd24c6abc7cf6a221346ed3bdd-s800-c85.jpg (800x599, 110K)

If you live for the benefit of others you'll have nothing for yourself in the long run take care of yourself first then move onto others.

Attached: l5uvkzxzuqo31.jpg (960x749, 78K)

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby Lao Tzu.jpg

okay see ya later guys this was cool

Attached: file.png (1280x960, 1.71M)

We were created by something beyond our comprehension and our lives have no purpose.

first the biggest mistake people make in trying to understand life is expecting it to make perfect sense when consciousness itself is a paradox. Second multiplicity is a illusion, there is only one aware sentient being, no you, no us, only the "I" one single point of awareness, the perception of multiple "others" is a il/de/lusion. If I/you want to test this, lock my/ourself in a sensory deprivation chamber for a week, you will get a nano perspective of the ultimate reality. reality is ultimately just a conglomeration of simultaneous perspectives of the "I" the more I/we understand this the more we/I gain a cohesive ability to effortlessly direct my/our existence.

do you have any reasoning to show this?

Reason, to save some time, speed up the process perhaps, if you ponder enough you'll likely come to the same conclusion.

We are on an electron spinning around an atom, which is in a cell (the galaxy), which is inside of a person. As they get older, they expand, and then they shrink and die. The Big Bang was quieter than a rock concert, because it was a birth. Since there are at least a 100 million other atoms in our cell, most with planets, and there are 37.2 trillion more cells (putting the number of atoms at around 1e+25), the odds for life on other planets is very high.

The issue is travel. We cannot travel in this universe faster than our bodies will allow us.

Let's say we're a cell in the stomach. And then, let's say there was a cell in the lungs which has an electron that harbours life. It would still take several hundred million lightyears in the fastest spaceship, with the right coordinates, for people to make it there, because of the vastness and the expansion of the universe. Once the body starts to decay, the electrons will then have a chance to explore other worlds, due to the shorter distance.

You got it the wrong way round

What was deleted?

Everything is actually known already. Just because religions are demonstrably silly, it does not mean that materialism is true and that death implies oblivion. There is a tremendous amount of empirical evidence that suggests that our mind or consciousness continues past the point of physical death and that there is an infinitely amazing afterlife awaiting unconditionally around the corner of a ceased heartbeat for everyone.

Easily digestible tier:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=59OOCGzd6fE
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
youtube.com/watch?v=HaFuJr0IE5k

World-leading research tier:

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
newforestcentre.info/uploads/7/5/7/2/7572906/science_and_the_afterlife_experience-_evidence_for.pdf
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf

In essence, the purpose of these lives is to learn to be an infinitely loving and kind person despite the fact that the world is demonstrably shitty and it is really hard to develop character here. But the person who is infinitely happy, kind, loving, accepting, and forgiving while they are being tortured, to take the ultimate example, will quite figuratively explode from happiness in heaven. So use your challenges as gifts to develop your character. After all, you had the multiverse as your smorgasbord while you were still in paradise, and yet you chose this life; being this character, in this society, in this world.

Attached: 55.jpg (4000x2667, 1.76M)