Why aren't NFL divisions based off geographical location? Why are the NFL divisions like how they are currently?

Why aren't NFL divisions based off geographical location? Why are the NFL divisions like how they are currently?

I hope Dallas stays in the East forever just to trigger these same threads for eternity

Money

Map is outdated. Also, the NFC North looks just as it does in your picture.

>Deflatriots and Stoolers in the same division while the other two teams are eternally fucked
Terrible idea

why don't you suck my dick, bitch?

what would you do for conferences? East vs. West?

>he doesnt wants to see eli and brady fight it out every season

>eli
nani?

>
great post

Buffalo, Pittsburg, Detroit, and Cleveland should be in one division since they're basically four copies of the same city

Both of these do away with what is arguably the south's greatest rivalry, so I don't see how it would ever stand.

>take Cowboys out of NFC East
>most classic rivalry in American sports is undone
Smart!

>the south's greatest rivalry
I agree, Saints and Falcons is ruthless

> What are pre-existing rivalries?

I'd rather see north vs south

Because they were made back in the 20s and the league didn't want a massive realignment over every few years.

>saint louis

>Chiefs
>AFC West
>Past the Mason-Dixon line.
Retarded

Because travel and timezones are irrelevant in the NFL since they only play once a week on Sundays. Having nearby teams in separate conferences also gives casual fans in the region a greater variety of visiting teams.

why doesn't the NFL bring up a single team for each different state and make it 4 conferences???

Which states get half a team?

Because teams are placed where they would make the most money, not based on arbitrary borders. We aren't yuropoor communists.

Virginia already has only half a team :(

some states are literally like Mongolia

Move another team to SoCal and we could have a division along with the Clark County Raiders

Here's my idea. I think the NFC and AFC Souths would be cool but im not completely satisfied with the NFC East without Dallas. Thoughts?

>Changing the current NFC North
>EVER

>St. Louis Rams

>No more Steelers v. Bengals shitfests
>No more Giants vs. da boyz
Not terrible, but we lose a lot of fun

Find a flaw

Pretty good. Why not keep the old nfc/afc west?

Keep California isolated from the rest of the US

They play 1 game a week. Travel isnt an issue

smaht. Even if it's for 2 years it's worth it.

>""""""""great"""""""" plains

Because nobody wants a florida plus new orleans division.
What should it be called? The hurricane division?

The NFC South

NFC east is basically just non flyover states. If you aren't in NFC east you're a flyover pleb.

>Bills in division with Colts, Bungles, and Clowns
god yes keep talking

Money.
The cowboys are the most valuable popular profitable team so having them play east coast markets is ideal for the nfl.

move the rams to Boise, the cardinals to Portland, and the ravens to Albuquerque

Horrible idea

Why are all you guys so autistic that NFL divisions have to be based off of geographical location?

Because we've been waiting for the Owl for almost two weeks and we're going out of our minds here.

Name two good reasons why it shouldnt be.
Keyword on "good reasons."

Why don't yuro's stop bothering everybody with their horrible ideas?

Baltimore to the East, Miami to the South and Indy to the North

>No more Broncos/Raiders and Chiefs/Raiders shitfests
Swap the Seahawks for the Raiders, and this would be better.