How many of you fuckers have anxiety that isn't social and take Zoloft? It's my first day on this shit...

How many of you fuckers have anxiety that isn't social and take Zoloft? It's my first day on this shit, I'm just skeptical of the effects.

Attached: ddd.jpg (900x389, 26K)

I took it. You’ll most likely just have a hard time trying to nut but this is Sup Forums so it’s assumed we’re all virgins anyways

Not those effects dipshit, is it gonna make me less anxious constantly?

Well I mean it is a given that anxiety medicine is indeed for anxiety you fucking cuck. It will do its job but there is always the chance the side effects may outweigh the actual use

Not him, but yes, it did help my anxiety. Took 25mg for about a year then stopped needing it. At first it gave me a minor high, and took a couple weeks before it fixed my 24/7 existential dread. Worth a shot.

Its gonna take at least 2 weeks before you start getting the full anti anxiety effects, did your doctor not tell you that?

I wouldn’t recommend it. Do what you can lifestyle wise to fix your issues, by eating healthy, getting exercise, and living in line with your values. Life will never be as easy as just popping a few pills unless you pop so many you fall into oblivion and die. Learn to adapt

Made me even more anxious

Ive been on ativan and celexa for years, kinda curious about zoloft. made my girlfriend kinda lethargic for the first week

In many cases I'd agree with you, but some people do have legitimate chemical imbalances which require medication, at least in conjunction with other treatments.

As for the OP, it might take a few weeks for you to gauge its effectiveness, but the first time can be terrifying if you're starting out on a larger dosage. Expect at minimum some insane dreams.

Samefag here: I forgot to mention that I have had amazingly positive results with the generic version of Zoloft (apo-sertraline) which massively reduced some of the more obscure effects of depression and anxiety. But different people respond differently, and these kinds of medicines usually work best as part of a treatment plan, not as magic pills.

I definitely stopped having panic attacks a couple weeks after I started taking them. Ironically, the place I worked that gave me anxiety went out of business a couple months later and I no longer needed them.

If you have physically limiting anxiety, no...it won't help. If you're a bit mean c, OCD, damn yourself for thinking certain ways and can never calm down....maybe. The risks incredibly outweigh the benefits but you can't kill yourself with it and for the modern doctor that's where it's at.

If you have flare up, I can't breathe my muscles are seizing anxiety go to the ER. Again, and again, and again. Never pay, eventually you'll get some medical director doctor who isn't scared to put his nuts in a vise.

If you find you need to kill yourself, be a man and don't use pills. Some of us really are sick and you boohoo tweens screw everrrrybody over.

That's not the vibe my psych gave when prescribing them, if they're working chemically with your brain, surely I should feel something.

They have no idea how they work. Just like the way the opiate crisis was blown wide open because no one, "knew" how anti abuse drugs worked.

The ability of a majority of medical professionals to not study their material and keep a job is astounding

If they don't work for you, then either up your dosage or try a new plan of attack. They do work for specific people, me included, but they're not magic.

>some fag on Sup Forums vs medical professional

What's the difference between taking that shit and having a couple of martinis/smoking a joint to make it through the day?

>basically the same thing
>Just take more and add other meds to it, like a candy cocktail!

Kekeke

You can feel the latter one and if you moderate it will work, increase your willpower, help you become an adult, and your dick will still work

FTFY

Smoked for 2 years, weed did help. Then it gave me an anxiety attack for the first time a few days ago. Since then, I've been more prone to being anxious.

You should never plan to depend on something always/forever

I lasted 4 days on this crap. One of the worst anxiety/anti-depressants I've ever used. Try Wellbutrin out.

Didn't plan on it, reduced anxiety was only a side effect. I only liked getting high.
>assuming you're some voodoo who knows something I don't

OP no one has a "family" doctor anymore. The profession has degraded with the pursuit of money over passion and a great deal of doctors are the same thing every other profession is: overwhelmed book parrots

I have been around the block. I wish I could impart to all of you how much more insight being a medical pincushion all these yearshas given me vs. some cold, urgent care, Egyptian trainee who was told not to prescribe controlled medications, given a diploma and a slap on the ass.

Weed self titrates. It sounds gay to kids but I have to ensure greater than 80% indica otherwise smoking is very unenjoyable. We all like being high don't we? The sorry truth is if you're physically able you have to do all those lifestyle changes to have a real effect. Many mushrooms I find helpful, not magic. Things like cinnamon, lavender, sandalwood. Making physical/mental boundaries between you and stress. Taking care of yourself hot showers, comfy clothes, clean bed, non poison hygeine products....the list goes on and on.

Personally I do drugs but you won't be happy following my example. Guaranteed.

>Body rejected it in four days
>Try another one

Impeccable logic

It takes 2 weeks to work and brainwash you so you won't even know you became a zombie.

anxiety

if you are a true old fag you would'et care

Attached: image0-1.gif (128x128, 20K)

If he knew anything about the profession he'd know that continuous education must be attained if you want to practice. Don't expect much from b though.

No. Not what I meant at all. I don't typically like the idea of mixing medications unless absolutely necessary.

>
You're a fucking cuck. is right. You might as well off yourself or get on hardcore drugs you fucking faggot.

>blah blah, plan of attack, blah blah , tactical assessment, blah de blah, kickbacks eat these pills

What?

>according to another fag, and another, and ANOTHER!
>whoever acts the most apathetic and says kiddo wins!

Kiddos.

Accurate. Kek.

When something sounds professional and great, but feels like dogshit.. that's called "working in theory" aka human experimentation.

More like "I found a medication that actually works and so I decided to give OP the advice he asked for".

Go be a faggot someplace else.

blow your brains out you weak fuck.

I don’t recommend it. Prozac does wonders for my anxiety, but it’s makes depression worse, so be sure to have another drug to counteract it if you ever decide to switch

Made me yawn so much I could not breathe! It was non stop. Shit like that can change you without knowing it. It is important to have a good support group or network who know you well to monitor for changes. If your going crazy you probably will think your fine and everyone else is crazy, you know?

>I found something that uniquely works for me as decided to give op my limited, over trusting opinion, them damn anyone who isn't a zombifying placebo popping pussy.

You do you my guy.

Top advice.

Hey anons, I've been taken Zoloft since August of 2018, and I can finally say that I don't have panic attacks anymore.
Of course I would have to lower the dosage little by little because of the withdrawal effects if I go cold turkey, but my question is for any of you who stopped taking it:

Did you feel the same as before? No more panic attacks? Did you have to go back because you started to feel shitty again? I'd appreciate your experience.

And yeah the shit about lasting longer during sex is real, I could usually cum 3 times before being exhausted, now I take about an hour before cooming once and that's it.
And as others have said yes, lifestyle choices do help a lot, and I think it has to do a lot with overcoming your anxiety (depending on what aspect triggers it, for me it was health related), I feel like one day you're just like, dude, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life like this and you just kind of start ignoring it.
Meditate, exercise, stop eating shit food and processed sugar. Read books on mindfulness, read a book called Buddha's Brain, helped me tons, just throwing some advice in case any of you needs it.

Attached: madelinepanic.jpg (1920x1080, 224K)

Tried every medicine, only cannabis seems to work well. Even the ones that worked stopped working after about 3 months because my body adapted. I had to learn to deal with my feelings in better ways. That helps too.

Every drug I tried left me with permanent tweaks and my closest friends and family have shared that they never thought I was as fucked as after I started trying mood medications.

In almost all cases libido returns to normal. Things that change: blood pressure, arrythmia, EPS, risk and occurance of embolism, nerve pain, food allergies, sensitivities to certain products and materials, headaches, energy levels, ability of eyes to focus, general hydration level, ability to shit regular...

Little things that on their own could even be denied that you really have. After one medication though expect something like a two year return to base levels. Think meth and serotonin syndrome, the brain WILL become dependant on anything you make convenient and removing tracks it previously functioned on after it is mainly done developing confuses the hell out of it.

Good luck.

Read the fine print under adverse effects OP. It says homosexual tendencies. So, it will make u gayer than u already are.

No offense anons but in many instances mood medications help you not grow up.

I'm sympathetic, but it's hell everywhere honestly. Everyone learns to deal with it a different way. You MIGHT have the ability to control moderate your rollercoaster with simple uppers and downers, bug taking something that offers you the promise of making you less responsible for your mood does just that...makes you less responsible.

Ever see a 20 year ADD get pregnant and go off their meds? Natural disasters got nothing on it.

Shit man, this makes me want to stick with it.
I understand tho, it only makes sense, what kind of "tweaks" are the most noticeable?
Didn't tapering off work out tho? I mean, to an extent it's probably better than just straight cutting the meds.

I clearly and outwardly identified my success as being situational at best. You'd know this if you didn't possess the reading-comprehension skills of a 2nd-grader.

It helps, but in laymen's terms, the brain only "adds" it never "deletes". You can always learn more, but you cannot conciously forget something. Giving your brain a hand and taking it away...well, fuck that puts you at risk 40 years down the road the same way cancer does.

Tapering is always the best...and I apologize but they're all very noticable. If anything these meds help you calm down by teaching you to be thankful for not being MORE disabled.

Playing God is called playing God for a reason. EPS, continence, sensory dep, and breathing issues are probably the worst if I had to say.

No...try and get off it. The body is an amazing organ and regardless of what you hear me saying here it is always better to let the machine run as it was designed

Depending on how bad your anxiety is they should help. May take about 4-8 weeks to kick in though. But also your body may not respond and you'll have to find another medication.

However, keep in mind that it is best to take these with a treatment plan, as other anons have stated. They help you get a grip on things, especially if your anxiety is really bad. However, they won't take it away completely. They're merely a tool. Whole it's up to you and your psych, I'd suggest, once you have control over your anxiety and learned the best ways to deal with it (through techniques, changing thinking, practicing coping, changing your habits) then taper off.

That's what I'm planning on doing now that I have my shit under control

Comment hidden.

When I was going through some shit during college i was on generic zoloft (paired with welbutrin) for a few months. Not a magic-bullet by any means, but it did help me fall asleep without laying in bed for 3 hours. I didnt see much effect out of it for ~3 weeks though.

Not a surprising result coming from somebody like you.

>The best thing to do is shotgun all forms of treatment so that the likelyhood you discover the meds are bunko is substantially lower.

Kekeke

Or...try every form of therapy and use medication as a shit flinging, wall scrambling last resort

(You)

:D

Retard.

Thanks for the advice user, I’ll keep that in mind. Appreciate the honesty above all.
I also have Xanax but I’m only supposed to take them in case of a panic attack (which again, I haven’t had one in like 5 months).

I’ll try to get off them and keep the alprazolam just in case, it sort of acts as a placebo without even taking it just knowing you have a plan B in case all goes to shit.

No u!

Fair enough, same idea. Just different suggested therapies

In many cases antidepressants are only needed for a few months, or perhaps a couple of years. They're best used in extreme cases where simple therapy or lifestyle changes won't suffice on their own.

You sound like you have an incredibly good head on your shoulders. I wouldn't put that much truth and passion into a response unless I felt very strongly that it would help you. That is EXACTLY how anxiety (on label) drugs are supposed to work. Proud of you and shit.

Make your own small changes and accomplishments and get used to congratulating yourself when you do. It's healthy behavior.

Oh...and lie to your doctor for as long as possible for that prazolam. If you're responsible, it is a GREAT medication to have on hand and sadly, when you very much need it will be the exact time a doctor won't give it to you. Lying won't hurt shit. You take care of YOU. Never ever drink and take that pill. Don't drive. Standard liability be smart.

Faith in humanity slightly increased

I wasn't talking to you. All doctors have all their own personal little creedos on how where what win and your ideal worlddont exist

Thank you.

Word salad.

literally wtf lmao

Plus I agree with you looking back I wish I had just started with therapy. But medicine did work well for me. I just want to make sure I can ween off since I've already taken it for too long

cuz lol well dont i not understand when like your word not everybody not what win then know like you lmao

Too much Xanax

Took zoloft for a year.
Many friends took max dosage and it just makes you feel numb to emotion.

Don't hurt yourself snowflake

Are any of you fucks on Paxil?
I'm on my second day and I feel like it triggers my anxiety, I'm a sensitive bitch though.. ):

You'll be fine user. Keep going a few more days and if it worsens, suggest changing med or stopping. Remember, we make ourselves anxious.

Had panic attacks for years and was just perscribed 50mg zoloft like 2 weeks ago. The first 4-5 days were awful. I went to work on it as well. It was miserable, all I wanted to do was lay on my couch and stare at the cushions. Day 6 and onward have been fantastic. Havent had a panic attack at all since the first day, but man. The side effects were awful but thankfully they all went away. Also, going outside feels really nice now, its weird as fuck.

Mm...I err on the side of disaster. Which is what all doctors SHOULD do. Very simply however, they don't want you to feel like they are doing nothing. I am sure snake oil we really have no exact idea about DOES work ok for some people. Many people are seeking ANY kind of mental change just to feel something at the point where they are desperate enough for meds.

I am glad it gave you a little kickstart in the right direction. Best case scenario. Have a great day.

check those, trips don't lie. Very happy for you user.

Checked!

Attached: 19-47-48-1572477995257.jpg (660x532, 90K)

Oh my god you're so nice
I could cry thanks.
I'll push through ily

Too much sucking your dad's dick and wrapping your two-foot rectal prolapse around his dick in order to get him off.

Thank you! Also the worst side effect was insomnia, I started taking it about an hour before bed because it makes me sleepy. Helps a lot.

Whoa friend. Don't feed the ballsacks.

I've take 150 mg for probably 10 years now. I'm stress free as fuck. I take the generic Sertaline. 3 x 50mg at night.

I'm social but still have anxiety/panic attacks so I'll throw in my 2 cents. Was put on Zoloft 2 months ago for panic disorder + agoraphobia/anxiety

First week was AWFUL, but after that the bad side effects cleared up. Panic attacks stopped at 1mo in, got prescribed Klonopin prn for anxiety if it gets bad (only taken it once), and it has worked AMAZING for me!

That said, before this I also tried Prozac Buspar and Hydroxyzine and the two SSRI just had awful side effects. Worth it to stick the week out though

Well I'm taking off, and I disagree with mood medications. Expect the thread to fill with success stories of people who still stay at home all day posting loli, logs, and frogs.

Be careful what you put in your body anons, you can't take it back.

I tried that and a bunch of others. I had to get off them. I felt I was living in the 3rd person.

That's not what I'd call a "success" story.

You have caught the implication. A winrar is you.

Does anybody seriously still use winrar?

It may surprise you, but people have even been so far as to the whole thing

You mean buying it to get rid of the stupid popup? Yeah, that does kind of surprise me.

Ohhh I read that wrong and thought OP was asking only for antisocial people lmao

Perhaps you should lurk more

Zoloft made me suicidal.

Wellbutrin was fucking horrible

That's one of the side effects

take it and find out, pussy..

Ativan for years. Fuck user how's your brain doing, are you well done at this point or just medium rare

Not the person you were talking to but... I had loads of fucked up symptoms that could never be touched by simple talk therapy or "counselling" or any of that shit. The only thing that worked was medication. It's a fucked up last resort for some people, sure, but it's done wonders for me. So just remember that everybody is different and some of us are fucked up enough to actually need these shitty meds.

>some of us are lucky enough to run into doctors that prescribe them long term giving them freedom from guilt as this equates to having a "real problem".

Isn't it incredible how much power doctors have over our mentality and how haphazardly they use it?