I'm failing Calc 2 at the moment, will likely fail my midterm, and I'm barely passing my other 3 classes...

I'm failing Calc 2 at the moment, will likely fail my midterm, and I'm barely passing my other 3 classes. How the fuck do people do this bullshit every semester? Is it just a lot of cheating and cramming?

Attached: 1563742492070.jpg (962x539, 31K)

Studying and more studying. Treat it like a job.

I have been studying though. I got a D on all of my last exams in every class.

How's your time management going?
I struggled in school my entire life but things got better when I started treating my hours the same I would my money.

Give each hour a purpose.

It's honesty really shitty. I tried to be more organized this semester and keep a schedule and calendar. That lasted maybe 3 weeks. I just hate spending most of my day studying. It's borderline pointless because I end up having to restudy all of that shit again a few days before the exam anyway.

You have to restudy a few days before the exam?
It's normal to go over the material, but if you have to try to relearn it then maybe you need to find a study method that fits you better.

Honestly even just doing your homework can be a good study method, anything that forces you to truly understand it. And studying all day can be kind of crammy and your retention may suffer.

Maybe plan further ahead of your tests/quizzes so you can just study a little bit each day instead of huge study sessions?

My major has me taking Calc 2 and Calc 3 and breaking it all up (with a few all-nighters) into shorter sessions really helped me too.

That's what I was trying to do at first. I still ended up putting shit off and falling behind. The biggest issue is that I have no interest in the subjects, especially Calc 2 and Linear Algebra. They're fucking boring to me. And not really relearning it, but just shit like forgetting formulas and theorems that I have to know.

Watch YouTube videos about it.

I'm a math teacher. Do you have any specific questions right now?

Do you struggle with concepts or reproducing knowledge on tests?

Not OP but I have a question. Why the fuck is applied math so much harder than regular math if on paper they count the same towards your degree?

I totally get that.
Well just remember that just because you tried and failed, that doesn't mean that you're doneso.

Often times the only way to achieve success is to fuck up and fail several times. Maybe you could try again and make a small alteration based on where you messed up in the past?

Or have an accountability person like a tutor, counselor, or friend you trust to check in on your progress.

The latter for sure. My calc 2 professors made the 1st exam really fucking hard. Apparently most people did poorly on it. I've been doing the review but I just don't think I'm going to do well. I have maybe 5-7 hours tomorrow to try to get most of it down as possible. I feel like if I can at least know how to do most of the problems, even if it's gibberish and get maybe full points on half the exam questions, I'll pass with around a 70. Not ideal obviously but I really want to pass this course.

That's true but I really want to pass every class I'm taking. I don't want to keep on redoing and retaking the same classes over and over. I'm accountable with my parents right now. It makes me feel worse if anything.

If you want to get ahead, use the white people method. You don't cheat, you just didn't understand the rules.

The difference really depends on who you are and your upbringing. I'm some backwoods hillbilly bastard, so applied math is super easy, but math on paper that you can't use spacial reasoning on and visualize is more difficult.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Because you have to be a few degrees more autistic than normal to understand the abstract bullshit without getting too confused too quickly. Applied math requires a lot of actual training as opposed to an undergrad abstract math degree where you basically just learn how to speak the language. It also might be the case that it's harder because you have less grasp on the underlying abstract technology you're relying on in order to apply math to real world problems.

Like if you have no clue how differential equations work, say you aren't even that familiar with analysis or you hated the course the whole time you took it, then when you're using a computer to plot the phase diagrams of dynamical systems you might be confused on how the behavior of your solutions work in general and what they can tell you about he system if all you can see is their time step values. Also the field might be more inflated so they make it harder to weed out people. Idk really.

The reason I ask is because I've seen tons of people cheating at my school, on exams and the hw. I'm likely going to sign up for chegg at some point so I can get the hw answers and study them later on. I've seen other people do this and have success.

The unfortunate answer is that you'll have to find some reason to care about it. Cal2 doesn't sound like basic level stuff, so your degree must require some amount of math. Is working in a math related field something you want to do if you don't even like these classes?

Your reason might be as simple as something like "I need to show that I can do it." But you need to want to do it or even the simplest classes will give you trouble.

School is rough. No judgement here, just an observation.

Then you ought to be slightly below average or even average on the curve. No need to panic. Make a list of types of problems you can't do, learn how to set them up. Then learn how to do them. If you write down everything relevant you can think of, you ought to get partial credit on problems. Like, if you know it's a fuckin, idk, mean value theorem type problem, then state the definition of the mean value theorem even if you don't know how to apply it then and there. Min-max your points.

Attached: received_1401768339981983.jpg (272x468, 29K)

my friend is in the same shoes as you on Electrical Eng... he's just waiting to fail on calc2 then he'll shift to either Comscie or IT.

My lack of interest is definitely part of the problem. Even going to class is a struggle. I find it to be a massive waste of time, literally. I always feel like I could just learn it on my own without going.

That's pretty much the plan at the moment. The thing is though there is no curve. I think his version of a "curve" is doing what you're saying, giving points out for shown work even if its completely wrong. I got a D on the exam but it could've easily been an F had it been graded on whether the answer is right or not. So I'm trying to at least understand what to do for every type of problem, pin point where the mistake is and clean up. Again it's a shitty strategy compared to getting every question right but I dunno what else to do at this point. There's no tutoring at my school either so that doesn't help.

I'm doing computer science and the CS classes are pretty easy. But even then I sometimes feel like switching to IT and making my life WAY easier. I wouldn't have to do a single math course every again if I did. I could drop all the math I'm doing right now even. But I don't want to do that after putting in all this fucking work.

drop out and spend all your money on crack.

Go to class, and study. If you are above average intelligence, it'll take you less time studying to get a passing grade, if you're a bit slower you'll need to commit more time to studying. Literally anyone can pass difficult classes, well with the exception of a few nuances, you just have to study more.

When I was in college I used to study with people, who literally spent 2-3x more time than me on every exam and homework assignment, that's when I realized that with hard work, intelligence is negligible.

Also there's a few types of methods of "Learning" maybe be cognizant of which you are? IE tactile, auditory, kinesthetic etc

Going to class is not a waste of time. Pound some coffee and go to class. Do not bring your laptop. Put your phone in your backpack during class. Take notes on paper. All of these things will engage your brain and body better and you will learn more thoroughly. This is all basically verified by psychology. Your attention is too easily stolen by the internet for you to learn effectively during class.

If you did not need to go to class, you would be getting a better grade. Trust me. I taught myself Differential calculus, had to go to class to learn integral calculus.

>Should I cheat?

Just ask yourself,
>What would Brian Boitano do?