I AM THE SEA!

>I AM THE SEA!
what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bY2YRESf9eQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He is covered in seamen exploring his vast body

Along with Gollum, possibly the only good use of CGI in movies.

the fact that he's always looking wet and shit and the otherworldly characteristics about him really help with the CGI quality.

But undeniably the finest CGI in any movie I've ever seen. The first time I saw Dead Man's Chest in the kinoplex I thought Bill Nighy had makeup on him

What is the opinion of this board on these movies?

I am the Sea, ay. Eh!

DUUUU
YUUUU
FEAHR
DEATTTH

But he's prosthetics

Found some Japanese art of Davy Jones and Calypso the other day.

C (sea) I (I) A (am)

Black Pearl- Kino
Dead Man's Chest- Not as good as the first but still pretty good
At World's End- Terrible
On Stranger Tides- Terrible
Dead Men Tell No Tales- Actually could be promising

First three were all good. Stranger tides was shit though, can't see the new one being that good

>Not yet.

>tfw that stupid as fuck marriage bit in At World's End
Also giant Calypso.

Legolas coming back is a good sign

Agreed
Agreed
Gets too much hate
Didn't watch
Whatever

Yeah, no.

Silly fun that has no pretention about what it is. They're also insanely well put together in terms of set and costume design.

Huh, I swear there was some prosthetics involved. You sure they didn't do multiple methods?

Filthy Calypso is the only real time I've ever found Naomie Harris hot.

no, he's full cg
the only one using prosthetics is will's father

No he was all cgi. The best cgi.

>grows giant on the ship

You don't get to bring bad quality

youtube.com/watch?v=bY2YRESf9eQ

1 - Great pirate adventure, Sparrow and Barbossa are very likable and supporting characters are decent. Skelly pirates were done well

2 - Effectively creepy when needed to be and good character development, especially Norrington.

3 - Fun movie but the flanderization became a detriment. Everyone needed to be goofy and it was off-putting, ended up liking Jones the best. Good battle scenes but the Calypso scene made me cringe.

4 - Honestly forgettable, it didn't do anything above mediocre except Barbossa as a privateer, that was a nice touch. I liked the actor from Snatch but Blackbeard sucked ass, which is a shame because Ian is the perfect actor for the role.

Overall a great franchise and I look forward to 5.

>wasting Blackbeard
That was a massively unforgivable sin, especially as everyone built him up as someone to be feared so effectively. Ian McShane was perfect, they just didn't give him much to do.

[waves crashing throughout]

[eerie sound effects throughout]

[piano tinkling]

[Pete Townshend, whispering]
"I am the sea."

[Roger Daltry]
Forever, forever...

[French horn]

Is it me, for a moment?

Bellboy! Bellboy!

Love, reign o'er me...

Can you see the real me, can ya?
Can ya?

On Stranger Tides was filler and the only redeeming quality about it was Jack leaving that bitch on an island at the end. Shame about Blackbeard, though.

You don't get to bring dirt

I really like the 1st.

The 2nd is OK and the 3rd and beyond are forgettable.

>there will never be a pirates of the caribbean set in India with powerful moguls with four arms and shit getting played by the east india company

you're forgetting the planet of the apes movies

How could CGI look so good 10 years ago but look like utter shit today?

I mean he kind of did, around his eyes and mouth.

he's starting to show his age but still looks really good

I enjoyed this, thanks user.

I think part of it is to do with necessity being the mother of invention. From Jurassic Park up to around LotR the people who designed the CGI were pioneers and wanted to make things as good as possible.
Now anyone can download Daz3D and get reasonable results, so you have these newbies who think that adding motion blur to all scenes is great because that's what they've learned on these packages. Very few artists seem to want to go that extra mile like in PotC.

the thing is, bad cgi is noticeable because it looks out of place. When you have a ship or an environment that has the same design as davy jones, it looks good

Why does the Hobbit CGI look like so much Ass compared with LotR, is it really a case of good environment design as says?

I think it's a case of no one but suits wanting to do those movies in the first place, from the behind the scenes it looks like it was a miserable experience for everyone involved