Why are arranged marriages so rare these days? They're not illegal

Why are arranged marriages so rare these days? They're not illegal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KldFGgUTqKA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arranged_marriage_in_the_Indian_subcontinent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's wrong! How could you think of doing that to a girl?! Girls need to go to college and get experience!

She's in the middle of doing John Cena's famous WWE ultimate move "You cannot see me". Prove me wrong

In the modern west women don't need men for support and safety, and families don't need alliances through marriage. Still happens in other parts of the world.

Because allowing somebody else to decide who you spend the rest of your life with is as cucked as it gets.

If you don't marry your daughter off before she graduates highschool then you don't truely love her.

>before she graduates
This implies she will later. Girls don't need to be educated. Girls shouldn't be in school at all. What is she going to do with schooling?

I didn't mean to imply she would later. I meant to imply that you shouldn't let it happen. If you let her graduate she might her it in her head that she's just as capable as a man who graduated.

Oh, okay, fair enough. I figured as much, just wanted to say that stuff.

>ywn impregnate a beautiful blonde 15 year old

State mandated teen wives when?

I give you this cute picture for the source of your picture.

It's more of a cultural thing nowdays, usually in Middle Eastern, asian and Indian cultures where marriages are arranged.

I had a good mate who's Romanian, and his parents arranged his wedding with a girl back home from his home village or some shit.

Rio Yanagawa
Here Comes the Bride
Have fun
No, man, you arrange it with her father. Really it should be arranged by the couple's parents, with the couple themselves having little to no say in the matter.
See, that's how it should be.

...the ring is too tight. That swelling looks uncomfortable.

>Why are arranged marriages so rare these days?
Because it's something that belongs in third world countries

Well, it's not real, she only wore the ring so they could take pictures. They were probably too cheap to get a ring that fit.

Where do you find one?

That whole campaign was stupid. No one forces those girls to get married, they all have a choice. They can leave their parents and start working themselves or they can do what their parents tell them. Women being women expect that someone should constantly pay for them and that they should do what ever they want.

It's because women have rights, women had no rights 100 years ago.

>islam the thread

>It's because women have rights
Yeah, that's the problem. "Women's rights" has brought nothing but problems.

because they're weird and unhealthy

Because the jewish propaganda brainwashed whites into ruining their birth rates. They see marriage and children as a luxury now that competes with their hedonistic desires. Reproduction is not a luxury, it's a duty that should be upheld for the preservation of the race. Arabs and latinos are still having arranged marriages and are now vastly outreproducing us. While whites have children in their mid-late 30s if even at all arabs and latino have their first child before 18 and have a whole family in their early 20s.

Because children don't respect their parents as much anymore. The social idea is the parents have more life experience and thus will know what's best for their child. Arranged marriage (when it works) ensures their children will produce grandchildren in more favorable conditions.

While I do feel like there is a taking away a bit too much of the freedom of being an individual, I wish it was more respected in Western society as a lifestyle choice.

How is it weird or unhealthy? A girl's father knows what's best for her, he should decide who she should marry and when.

For me any kind of marriage is a remnant of a tribal behaviour. Marriage should not exist anymore, but the Age of Consent should be banned too. Little girls/boys should choose by themselves.

That's stupid

So, you'd be okay with some guy just fucking your daughter? What's wrong with you?

fuck you the comic is shit

Well, fuck you, I enjoyed it. It's nice and sweet. What did you not like about it?

>Arranged marriages only have happened in muslim countries.

LOL, no, it was the norm everywhere till about 1900.

Morally its wrong and infringes on the participants rights of liberty and freedom.

When I was in America they wanted to arrange me a marriage with qts who have Croatian roots so I can get papers and because I'm a relative of this on guy who is a "big shot" in Croatian loby in the US

I refused because I have a life here, but I think I made a wrong choice tbqh

Kys

Don't need arranged marriages, but we need people marrying and starting families in their early 20's.

Except nobody wants to because muh lifestyle and if they want to, they can't afford to because property is so expensive. Wage parity is shit these days.

If she choose voluntarily that I'll respect it. You guys must trust that the education you'll give to your kids is good enough to let them out there.

Yes goyim! It's ILLEGAL to try to show your child morals on who she should be with. For white people that decision should only be made by young inexperienced minds under jewish media influence!.

What Netanya? You met a boy? is he Jewish? Is he a doctor/Lawyer, if not you're not marrying him.

What Freya? Dad won't let you marry unemployed negroes. That's a mark against your FREEEDOM.

Well, see, I think that's where we fundamentally disagree. You would be okay with your daughter being a slut, I want to prevent it.
>thinking you can trust girls for shit
Girls make bad decisions, that's why you have to keep them under control.

Don't tell me, tell the other faggot.

Because daddy doesn't want to know his daughter married a shitskin.

she looks so depressed, but as long as you thirsty betas have a women who cooks cleans and stays at home with the kids who cares!

Found the feminist

maybe get a job? I work in a place with a lot of educated women. Strong independent educated women are hot.

Dowry is illegal though, and that's the only reason for a family to marry their son off.

Arranged marriages happen all the time. Just about every person in my family has had one. They're just not common outside desi communities as far as I know.

Again, mate, those pictures are from a retarded stunt an anti-child brides group pulled.
>a women who cooks cleans and stays at home with the kids who cares!
Yeah, because a woman can't be "fulfilled" unless she has a "career".
Okay, you are definitely a woman or just majorly 'whipped.
Women shouldn't have jobs, that's why she has a husband to provide for her.

They're the way marriage has been performed for 99% of history. Would you call that "weird"?

Also it's a given fact that arranged marriages have lower divorce rates, and are happier than other marriages. When you enter into an arranged marriage the expectation is on both spouses to work for the benefit of the Union. It's all about what you can do for the other partner.

Western marriage in it's current form is a disaster. When women are prone to delusions and are easily influenced by (((romantic comedies))) and (((Disney))). They never "find the one" in time and end up settling for some balding engineer who they don't love but who doesn't mind that they rode the cock carousel until their ovaries were nearly dried up and will give them a decent lifestyle.

Modern marriages in the west fail over half the time. Why? Because the expectation is you will end up with someone who will satisfy your desires till the end of time. This idea is a fucking myth. All marriages require sacrifice. There is no "the one".

because you don't need alliances through marriage.

what the fuck do you think? This isnt 12th century europe.

>he doesn't notice the meme arrow

You dun goofed

We get it gavin, you lost out on being a billionaire. Stop blaming others for your failures.

Maybe if you have a cuck fetish.

>pathetic virgins hoping for a wife without putting in any effort

Nice try, fags.

Nothing is free, including a qt gf

>arranged marriages
>rare

i fuckin wish

>>thinking you can trust girls for shit
She's not ready then, she will never be.

I'd prefer to educate her under some good guidelines instead of obligations and prohibitions, giving a fuck about social morals. She will decide if it's ok to "be a slut" or not.

a marriage procured by undue influence can be voided

The attitudes toward arranged marriage and women on this board really reflect the desperate and lonely neckbeards that populate this board.

It's not their fault that they can't attract a good woman, no it has to be half of humanity's fault and the jews.

It's not their social retardation, ugly faces or general incompetence

It's a jewish conspiracy than women don't want them.

God you guys might as well kill yourselves, it won't get better for you.

They are very common here

Because it made faulty people breed.

Generally, offspring are of better quality if the best men compete for the best women. Yes, it's hard, but it means that you have the best possible result.

Yes goy, there is no benefit in marrying into one family or the other.

This is definitely not a tactic wealthy minority groups like Indians and Jews use to this day to keep wealth circulating within their community and insure a stable foundation the future for their grandchildren and their grandchildren's grand children and so on...

They are not common in the west anymore because we now treat marriage as a union of love and not a union of families for financial or influencial reasons that love *may* grow out of.

Fathers didn't know who was best for their daughters anymore than they do today. They chose a partner that was a sound fiscal choice for the family that would bring land, money, and influence.

Btw, the problem of this fake (and the one I post below) is her face. She's with a sad face all the time. It will be different if she would be smiling and laughing,

youtube.com/watch?v=KldFGgUTqKA

Autism.

>She will decide if it's ok to "be a slut" or not

That's not something you get to decide. It's objectively not ok to be a slut. It's fucking disastrous for civilization.

You don't have to force her into an arranged marriage. You just lay out a simple choice. She can accept an arranged marriage with someone who will take good care of her and who she will come to appreciate more and more over the years or she will be ostracized by the family. You're not obligated to look after her once she's of age.

Exactly, which is why I'm getting married but the majority of pol will die angry bitter virgins. Sorry the gene pool wasn't as kind to you losers.

True, there's welfare and child support for that.

Too bad women do not go for the best men, but rather for the most men.

>he thinks women can't support themselves with a job

Thanks for letting everyone know that you're a total NEET shut-in.

>good woman
Women are selfish and fickle by nature.

Left to their own devices they will ride the cock carousel until their ovaries dry up cause they don't realize they are on a biological timer ticking down. They spend their best years dating tools and then once their looks start to fade they start wanting to settle. But their sexual market value peaked 5 years prior so all the "good men" will be picking from the group of girls entering their prime while she scrambles to find some beta who she kept on the back burner her whole life.

I'm in my mid 20's and I know plenty of women my age getting married and having kids. You are just so out of touch with reality that Sup Forums has made up a reality for you that isn't actually true.

Go outside you fucking weirdo.

Exactly. It's self-perpetuating.

A powerful, competent woman will seek an even more powerful man as a husband. That means that you have the best combination of factors to produce offspring.

This is why our world is now ruled mostly by political dynasties, yet without arranged marriages. The smart and powerful people gravitate towards each other to breed.

Everyone else, no-one really cares.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about women not being able to support themselves.

You think the only reason a woman wouldn't want to be ostracized by her family is because she doesn't want to work?

Can your job give you the love and support of a mother and father?

Yeah, and how many will still be married in 5 years? 60%?

Just wait until Sharia law is implemented in Europe and you may get a child bride in your next trip.

Literally the only way anyone would marry you faggots is if it were arranged. Arranged marriage is okay to an extent but not taking love into account is fucking retarded and would only result in extremely dysfunctional relationships.

You were implying that a woman needs a man to take care of her.

Probably more than that. You're guaranteed a loser faggot if you want arranged marriages, why can't you just find a woman on your own user? That's right, because they don't want you and for good reason. If you can't spread your genes by attracting a mate, you shouldn't spread your genes.

Well, yeah. Generally, arranged marriage is a poor idea. A lot of people pushing for it are those who will literally never ever get a chance to have sex otherwise.

Look, it's like hunting. It's generally more rewarding if you bring down your own prey than if someone brings you a deer in a cage you can stand thirty feet away from and shoot.

Majority of the marriages in India are arranged. I'm not complaining, atleast I'm happy that I'll not die alone and a virgin.

Based ancestors knew best
Ain't getting none of this dick without paying dowry upfront

>You were implying that a woman needs a man to take care of her
Because she does.
>not taking love into account is fucking retarded and would only result in extremely dysfunctional relationships.
A couple arranged when they're both sufficiently young will be more loving because she will grow up around him and know from very early "this is the man I will marry". How could a couple who just finds each other be more in love than that?

The post right below yours lol
Also what makes a bunch of edgy neo-nazi neets think arranged marriages will work in their favor?

Why can't you find a mate user? You are the snake that gets left out of the breeding knot, you are the elephant seal who gets kicked off the mating beach, you are the lion with no pride, you are the lone wolf with no family, you are a fucking loser and you don't deserve to pass on your genes. It's the law of nature and you aren't cutting it.

That's not how it works, have you been in a relationship? Not trying to sound like an asshole.

Found the fat neckbeard who is literally so pathetic that the only way he can get a wife is to have her parents force her to marry him. Arranged marriages are for cucks, sorry.

Wow this is such a contentious topic.

Lol obviously he hasn't or he wouldn't believe the absurd shit he's spouting.

Dude, look. I don't want to be harsh about this, but you're sounding insanely desperate.

Familiarity breeds contempt. If you arrange a marriage, the couple might be able to tolerate each other, but it's simply not as exciting as finding your own mate.

You are literally going "A girl can be brainwashed into loving me because she has no other choice." I mean, come on dude. Don't you have any higher aspirations than something your parents have to arrange for you?

The real answer is the rise of globalist inspired consumerism. Consumerism that applies to love and families. Expectations are higher than they've ever been and divorce rates reflect this.

There's no going backwards with meme arranged marriages. As soon as you get a taste of the (((market freedom))) it will fall apart.

Blaming feminists is quite rational conclusion. Sexual liberation and social security for single moms has fucked up chances of getting laid for bellow average males. Before those things only worst 10-20% were fucked, now it's entire bottom 50% if not bottom 60%.

There isn't punishment for women for bad choices anymore.

>bad choices

We're letting them make choices for their mates now and have for a long time.

If you can't get mate, that is a you problem. Bottom line, you're an inferior specimen and nature has determined that you should not breed. Sorry you didn't make the cut.

>:3

as it was done mostly for economic reasons the concept is outdated now in Western countries.

>we should behave like animals

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arranged_marriage_in_the_Indian_subcontinent
>In India, marriage is thought to be for life,[38] and the divorce rate is extremely low. Only 1.1% of marriages in India result in a divorce compared with over 45.8% in the United States, though the Indian figure appears to be rising.[39][40] Opinion is mixed on the implications of this change: "for traditionalists the rising numbers portend the breakdown of society while, for some modernists, they speak of a healthy new empowerment for women."[40] However, there are no credible research reports or surveys that provide authoritative data on divorce rates yet.

>for some (((((modernists))))), they speak of a (((((healthy new empowerment for women)))))

Yes goy, divorces are good for society!

>They're not illegal
They sure are.
You know who loves arranged marriages?
Gypsies and the """"""asian""""" community in Britain.
Check out "Exposure: Forced To Marry". It's a pretty interesting documentary about it.
It also features a couple of people dropping redpills about the police and school teachers doing nothing about it for fear of being labeled as racists.

>You know who loves arranged marriages?
Pretty much everyone until 100 years ago.

>A girl's father knows what's best for her
uh huh

>he thinks girls know what they want

On long run it becomes whole society wide problem, because men can quit working hard and instead work as little as they need to support themselves. That erodes productivity and taxbase. That leads to gibmedats for single moms becoming unsustainable.