You wanna know why Morty...

You wanna know why Morty? Because he CROSSED me Oh it gets darker Morty Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures That’s my 1 one arm man I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty That was FAKE I’m driven by finding that McNugget Sauce I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce Morty That’s my series arc Morty If it takes 9 seasons I WANT MY MCNUGGET DIPPING SAUCE SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY IT’S GONNA TAKE US ALL THE WAY TO THE END MORTY 9 MORE SEASONS MORTY 9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT DIPPING ‼ SZECHUAN SAUCE FOR 97 MORE YEARS MORTY I WANT THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>lifes

Haha I audibly KEKKED at that part, I can't believe old silly me was laughing so hard! I will definitely continue watching Adult Swim's ™ Rick and Morty™

ITT: angry cuckies who wanna label a well written show was Reddit because it's not robot chicken or family guy
youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk

Rick and Morty the cartoon

Richard and Mortimer

Ricardo and Montalban

*burps*
*raises spork*
*gets schwifty*
*wubalubudubdubs*
*burps*
*Dips mcnugget into mulan szechuan suace*
*Tells memey god isnt real*
*gets reddit gold*

Holy fuck thats hard to watch, bruv needs to project his voice more, maybe then I can listen to his "review" or whatever.

>50% of the show is "MORTY" - "BURRRP" "SHABBA LABBA DING DONG!"
> well written

Dan Harmon makes his girlfriend cry because it stops him from feeling dead inside.

Seriously. He said so on Harmontown.

Fucking piece of shit. Dan Harmon is a piece of garbage and so is every show he makes.

upvoted

I'll take that as constructive criticism

Its very obvious that the people who say 'ITS JUST NIHILISM' obviously havent watched the show

You guys can call me a redditor (I do have a reddit account for political shitposting and vidya discussion)

but I genuinely enjoy rick and morty. I don't think it's the best thing to ever exist but it's also just pretty fun to watch. I like how it originated as a parody of back to the future's doc and marty and sort of morfed into this abusive crazy super genius dimension travelling grandpa constantly abusing his poor retarded grandson who he actually sort of cares for but also abuses/takes advantage of at nearly every opportunity

Not all the jokes are good and not all of the humor is good but I enjoy the characters, I enjoy the concept and I enjoy the existential shit when they do it.

Personally it's a little bit better than bob's burgers just because I hate how bob's burgers has no progression and each episode is just different variations of bob having the shittiest luck in the world and always being barely able to scrape by and make ends meet

>the thing is, Morty, is that my dialog Morty, is improvised Morty, so I need to use filler Morty, to kill about 5 minutes Morty, as I cant think Morty, of anything funny to say, Morty.

holy shit lol

Should I start watching Ricky and Morty?

Dan Harmon also said he went on Sup Forums and shitposted bad stuff about the show himself

I caught you, Dan Harmon. Now you gotta let me write an episode of rick and morty where they murder a bunch of fat redditors or I'll tell your wife you're a racist who shitposts on Sup Forums

Yea it was supposed to be. Glad I could help. Also it doesn't hurt to not to pause mid sentence to grab a drink. Finish your thoughts then you can pause.

I feel like some of what Rick said/did/recreated WAS genuine, especially his comment about "The portal gun is the thing that separates me from man and wandering ghost".
Hell, maybe Beth and Rick's wife DID die, but Rick changed something so insignificant so that he could be lazy and urge the gromflomites to stop probing his brain already because the 'information' they found was 'useless'.

If Futurama aired today for the first time ever, you autistic turbo-fags will probably call it reddit.
In fact, I'm pretty sure a few of you do regardless.

*updoots*

Why do you care?

Richie and Mortermore

Considering half if not more of the people on Sup Forums came from Reddit and/or have a Reddit account is there any reason behind calling shit Reddit besides trying to let everyone else know what a cool contrarian you are so you can fit in?

FUCK OFF JUSTIN

Futurama IS reddit you dunce

the only films I can watch are vietnamese shadowpuppet cartoons I make on my wall at night because reddit can't see those and ruin them for me

That was just for comedic effect sorry if that came off as autistic

I too am insecure and go out of my way to dislike things other people like for a reason I'm not sure of myself

I came here from YTMND.
I legitimately, unironically remember when Sup Forums was way better.

Reddit isn't the problem it's just an easy thing to point to for the larger issue: the new youngfag generation of contrarian edgelord turboautists. They think we care and they're funny.

Don't try to analyze it. Take it at it's face value. The point is to make you question what it is. Don't question it.

Uhhhhh I need that sas

>selfmade vietnamese shadowpuppet cartoons
could you be more mainstream

typical reddit pleb

they're blind vietnamese shadowpuppet cartoons. I took out my own eyes with a rusty spoon so even I can't see these cartoons because I fear that I too may be reddit

nobody, not even me will ever see the ultimate cartoon kino

*burp* WUBBALUBBA DOO DOO PEE PEE M-MORTY W-WE GOTTA GO TO MCDONALDS MORTY *burp* AND GET THAT MULAN SAUCE MORTY WE NEED TO BE A REDDIT MEME MORTY WUBBA LUBBA

if McDonalds gets the sauce up, does that mean the next 9 seasons will be canceled?

I've seen a reddit thread where the top rated comment was some shitty joke, using low hanging fruit. And then the tree comments following were more shitty jokes, from people trying to be epic and get those internet points. You can tell that method of posting crosses over when the second post in a thread has a large amount of replies of people trying to either copy it or debate it.

There's very much a sense of conformity with the redditor, they try to fit in, but their cadence is fucked. It's like they talk to talk or to get attention to themselves, despite being anonymous.

Reminder that American Dad is the official series of Sup Forums.

Reddit and Memey is not allowed.

Reminder that Rick and Morty is considered one of the greatest TV shows of all time and is above The Sopranos on the only relevant top list on the internet. Haha, reddit, am I right?

>implying people on Sup Forums aren't just after those tasty (you) s

I would actually argue that Rick and Morty is literally Sup Forums incarnate, simply that most b-tards from back in the day have moved on to reddit.

Sup Forums nowadays is pure cancer.

Thanks for the chuckle

we need moar rm threads desu

I need to stop coming here. It's been years and it only gets worse and worse.

>well written show

>"THE NIGGERS MORTY"
How did they get away with this?

Did this really happen?

Yes but i don't have a source or claims that it's real

>a bunch of lame science shit no one watches
Yup that's Reddut's favorite shows alright.

Am I the only one that just likes the ad-lib stuff?

Big ideas aside, their voice cast has some pretty talented improv comics.

>I love science ecks dee
>Normie shit like GoT

Bravissimo reddito

how about you get to the point faster instead of spending 3 minutes repating yourself and talking.... like...... this...

We'll desu I was kinda high making it lmao

haha smoked out on that good good haha nice

You look uncomfortable.
Are your parents watching you while you make videos?

Reddit, this is why no one likes you. You just can't take no for an answer. You and your little high school intellectual crowd of nerds and frumpy women just have to have the last word in a discussion. That's why you're still here shitting up Sup Forums. Because your pathetic heavy moderation baby shit doesn't fly here and you can't stand it. You can never have the last word and you'll always be a transparent faggot redditor and the butt of an easy joke on this board. No more Reddit and Morty threads please losers. Go back to your upvote crib

That's how most of us see the show too mate the rest is just shitposting

I posted the fucking recipe, stfu just try it.

I know this is copypasta, but I actually agree with pretty much everything here.

And yet, I still find rick and morty very entertaining. I cringe at a lot of the "deep" parts, but the show does a good job of constantly subverting tired sci fi tropes. Despite its flaws, it's funny more often than not, and its absurdity was refreshing for at least the first season.

The pseudo-intellectualism is what really makes it reddit. But I'm certainly not implying Sup Forums is for intellectuals. For a show to be 'Sup Forums' it needs to be red-pilled and waifu-bait

God damn I'm cringing so hard from this reddit

But there is no pseudo-intellectual nonsense, the show is entirely aware that it's a 20 minute cartoon, so some of its themes like interdimensional nihilism/existential dread can only really be given to you on the surface, it makes no claim to being too deep or anything, just because an idea isn't fully explored doesn't mean it's pretending to be more than it is

>But there is no pseudo-intellectual nonsense
lmao, stopped reading there

>your moderation baby shit doesn't fly
>no more Reddit and Morty threads

My only regret is I have but one up boat. WUB A LUB A DUB DUB GET SHWIFTY #impeachthepeach # FUCK DRUMPF #GIBUSLIVESMATTER

Pseudo intellectualism might be the wrong word. What I mean is that the show presents its philosophies in the cheapest and blandest way: The characters simply spout nihilist soundbites. It lacks any subtlety or nuance. And the philosophies themselves are uninteresting "nothing matters bro" shit you hear from people who have never studied philosophy in their life. It's bad writing.

The defense of "it's just a 20 minute silly cartoon" is flawed as well. Nothing is stopping r&m from approaching serious topics with tact.