Why?

We're living in the age of pseudoscience. 34 scientifically-proven genders but if you change a gene in your crop to make it produce more food prepare to be hated

>to make it produce more food
That's what the advertisement tells you, in reality it's mostly used as a form of DRM.

>to make it produce more food

technically, it's to make it more tolerant to the roundup or equivalent.

So it's more protecting their market and spread their own cheminstry in soils.

This. We don't know the long term effects of eating crops laced with pesticide that would kill a normal plant but not one that is biologically resistant to it.

Throw in the fact that these plants don't germinate and farmers end up paying subscriptions to GMO crop companies to get their supplies each season and you have a recipe for a handful of companies owning or having direct control over the vast majority of arable land in the world.

Ruskies know what's going on.
"No matter who cook the soup, all matter who distribute it".
Control on food production is essential to sovereignty.

You hippy faggots are retarded. GMOs have all kinds of benefits aside from pesticide resistance.

Every fucking crop is already sprayed with pesticides, this is nothing new you ignorant cunts. The particular type of pesticide sprayed on GMO crops is in fact LESS harmful then normal pesticides.

You luddite cunts are a fucking blight on humanity.

I worked with a Dutch company that went up in an american conglomerate of Seed production (americans buying up means of production in global food control? well I never!) and it's true, you pay for these resistant seed subscriptions and if you stop paying you cannot get the crops anymore and will have to defer to another but sadly the world is in hands of these large multinational mega corps that run world food production.

It also seems that seed coating also makes sure that only resistant seeds from that company grow there, so if you go off subscription other company's shit won't grow on your land anymore.

>Every fucking crop is already sprayed with pesticides, this is nothing new you ignorant cunts.

The difference being older pesticides didn't require biological manipulation to make our foods survive them.

I think it has more to do with the corporation than the science m8

>t. Monsanto shill
Get fucked you parasite

It's to protect domestic agro business.

t. americattle

kys

Monsanto isn't the only one that makes GMO crops you know

The big push now is to modify crops to resist drought better. You guys probably eat a GMO food source every day without realizing it.

Nigga literally everything in a can, bottle or "fresh" is now GM food.

the farmers are the ones asking for plants that don't germinate because it guarantees them a fully optimized seed every season

To clarify, I do not like Monsanto for there business practices and how they treat their customers, I do not however dislike the work in the agricultural field to help improve our food sources through science.

Therefore it's in the interests of every country to strategically own the rights to their own brand of seeds to be independent from foreign economic warfare using food production.

This is correct

If I took two plant that could cross pollinate with each other and create a totally new plant, then I have genetically modified these two plants so to speak.

If you mess with the plant in anyway, your modifying it is some form or fashion.

Thats not what GM means you mong

Assuming I continue with the new plant created through cross pollination and discontinued using the original plants

I could have worded that better

That's what GM means dawg.

What they're doing with crspr kits and dna assisted marking is just the refining of older methods of genetic modification through breeding or marker assisted breeding.

If plant A had better seed production, but poor stability due to a weak stem and root system. While plant B had a strong stem and root system, but poor seed production.

If I cross these to obtain a better plant, then I am genetically modifying it to be a better plant. You don't have to gene splice to modify, there is more than one way to genetically modify a crop you know

GMO products contain a shitload of xenoestrogen literally pussifying the western male population. To the ban, I say well done.

Science is not God. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do something.

the arguments given are good enough to take a step back, but this is a very slippery slope, the kind we can't come back from.

>Why?
commerade Kaputin will provide plenty of krokadil to fill the empty stomachs of russkies in winter

no one has ever outlawed that friend. FrankenCrops™ is what needs to be questioned and scrutinized. Even if it is just irrational fear, its better to wait and watch what happens to the stupid fat AmeriBurgers.

So just because we can go to space means we shouldn't never do it?

They still do this with GMO crops too, they never stopped doing that

Just because we can't do something doesn't mean we shouldn't.
Empty words.

Do you understand how gene expression works? Final food products contain the proteins, the modified genes won't affect you.

FrankenCrops is a propaganised term used by shills who do not understand even the basics of gene modification.

Ivan got a brain.

Burgers don't care what they stuff in their mouth as long as their mouth is stuffed, and they are massively brainwashed.
>fuck the bees you stupid treehugger

Dubs of truth

>we don't know the effects of DEET
>IT MIGHT BE REALLY HARMFUL GUYS
>science: probably not, but we should limit exposure just in case
>NOPE ALL OUT BAN
>6 months later: 20 million dead in Africa and India due to UN-ban on DEET
>hasn't changed since the 70s

Never understood the bee issue, my area has planted GMOs for a long time and I have never noticed a drop in the bee population

everyone wins

In fact, I know 10 individuals that ease bees in my area, not once have they complained about losing mass amounts of bees

>subscription seeds
>being defended by people here

I just can't believe the idiots that populate Sup Forums sometimes.

That raise bees

this
it is just an excuse to ban us companies

I buy all my seed corn, soybeans and wheat from Beck's Seed Company, based out of Atlanta, IN. Been buying from them for 5 years now and not once have I ever had to pay a "subscription fee" to plant their products. You thinking of the people who buy straight from Monsanto, they are the only ones that do the subscription thing.

To be fair, not alot of people here are farmers (I think)

>coming from the guy that probably still eats fast food, deli meat, and soft drinks LMAO

enjoy your 75 year life span blue pill boy

>implying 106 noble laureates are all paid monsanto shills
>implying you would not become one of the most famous researchers if you could proof that GMOs were harmful
>implying that targeted gene editing is less natural than MAKING A NEW FUCKING SPECIES BY FUSING TWO ENTIRELY DIFFEREN PROTOPLASTS
>implying that targeted gene editing is less natural than using radiation and all sort of super toxic mutagenes in conventional breeding

because slippery slope. If the technology becomes easily available there can and will be bio-terrorism

better than people who pine for turkmen in makeup

>being a literal luddite in the 21st century
why

Could you give a reasonable example of such bio-terrorism?

She's in Japan right now user. Why don't you go find out yourself?

There are a few here, but I don't talk about here cause agricultural is not one of Sup Forumss biggest issues to worry about at the moment

t. Thrid Generation farmer

really where? I'll get dick pics

A better question is "Why not?"

GMO's for the 3rd worlders, everyone else can eat the tried and tested good stuff.

>small seed companies
>I want to provide a service to my community and country and get honest pay for it
Good
>big corporate conglomerates
>I want to corner the market at any means necessary
Bad

GMO isn't bad guys, it's just who does it and for what purpose.

>Science is not God. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do something.
You shit eating retards have been using this argument for the past millennium and you've been wrong every single fucking time

If Americans are so dumb why is the US the only western country of considerable size whose official position is generally favourable of GMO?

you do not need genome engineering for bioterrorism.

You can produce all sort of pathogenes with standard molecular biological methods already. The technology for this is widely available. You literally need only one plasmid to change bacillus subtilis into bacillus anthraces.

You are confusing molecular microbiology with genome engineering of eukaryotic organisms.

Are you a fucking retard? People can buy 140 dollar CRISPR kits to genetically modify yeast at home.

Get fucked luddite, even with bans people will make this shit, it's not like the fucking niggers tell you that "stolen knowledge" suddenly disappears.

Thats more of a fuck the european commies than a matter of intelligence

>buy 140 dollar CRISPR kits
Shit really? I didn't know they were that cheap.

Can't see a problem

creating famine with gm locusts is the first thing that comes to mind. they're already bad enough without genetic meddling.

U.S. companies own most GMO patents, and much of the U.S. food supply is GMO. This is simple protectionism.

If we were still using horse and carriage, all those people in France wouldn't have had to die.

Beck's has been a really good company to work with, family owned and been in business for 50+ years

They at least treat me as a human being, and not some account number like Monsanto did

Its a smart move if thats indeed what they are doing

All food is genetically modified you moron, have you ever seen wild version of the stuff we eat? They are shit.

Guy from google broke off to "democratize" the science of genetic engineering, I say it's the right choice, like 3D printing, or metal working tools, or any fucking knowledge really.

The government regulating what knowledge is forbidden and what isn't is bullshit.

Because we're the only ones who are any good at it.

>creating famine with gm locusts is the first thing that comes to mind.
u wot?

So you're idea against GMO plants to help countries with famine is because you can easily create GM locusts which can create famine. Am I getting that right?

>gm locusts
what kind of gene modification are you talking about?

You sound like a fucking idiot

Monsanto owns 23% of the global market ya dingus, Beck's is local.

Holy shit the rest of the world is actually retarded.

it's the effect of islam

only retards are for importing gmo
you need more pesticide for gmoTM(R) foodTM(R) and only a special gmo-pesticideTM(R) is fitted to to the job
oh also farmers are not allowed keep the seeds

>Not genetically modifying locusts to spread locust aids.
>not having rid the world of a giant menace.

or go green
>Not keeping shitloads of locust eating birds.

I'm pretty sure Japan have them too.

I know there's lots of ways to tackle that but I was just trying to wrap my head around it.

And your point is?
If that's such a downside then they wouldn't fucking buy them. But the increased yields and ease of farming are worth the stupid regulations and buying every season. Well, unless you believe farmers are trying to not make money.

Yup, but we monitor our terrorists

nothing to do with that nigger dumbass, someone explained this to me but i forgot, cant remember if it was about competitiveness or something involving their agriculture sector and the fall of the rubble

the guy is right 140 for crispr, or ~100€ for a TALEN flash assembly kit.

You need very basic equipment though (centrifuge, pipettes etc).

Yeah, that stuff's easy to get

>there are still people demonizing GMOs in the current year

Yes, I know that, I was describing my experience with both, I did not like dealing with Monsanto. Their customer service was poor at most.

anyway you do not need this for bioterrorism.

Standard molecular microbio is much easier.

Nonsense. The crux of the whole thing is Monsanto's runaway dishonesty. You cannot make free market arguments while demanding a million exemptions.

Ejaculating onto a culture's even easier

Yeah yeah I know, I just didn't know there were commercially available CRISPR kits.

What does the russian government know about GMO that we don't?

Dumb leftist faggots hate GMOs.

Every western nation save America is run by dumb leftist faggots.

What have they been dishonest about? All the obligations he was bitching about are in the contract.

Right, so if I then buy your plant and harvest it and collect the seeds and replant, I shouldn't have to pay a license.

Russia is leftist now?

>Forgetting we are ruled by King Nigger

>people thinking only GMO are subscription based

making infertile crops is god damn easy and has been done for AGES. Anyone with a highschool biology education can do it.

>We don't know the long term effects of eating crops laced with pesticide that would kill a normal plant but not one that is biologically resistant to it.
Sure we do, cancer and sterility.

I think its awesome that they are introducing GMO on the market. Only subhumans with

>kosher
>falling for the IQ meme
>doesn't realise organic products still use harsh pesticides

Thank you for your service, Sweden.

>>implying 106 noble laureates are all paid monsanto shills
Implying you need to pay smart people for them to realize that there is to many fucking plebs shitting up the planet.
>>implying you would not become one of the most famous researchers if you could proof that GMOs were harmful
Implying you wouldn't become a corpse.

well what the fuck doesnt cause cancer, and just keep your bull on an organic diet if you want your girlfriend to get bred

>>falling for the IQ meme
Spotted the abbo